Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris singles out 4 defensive players for poor play « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 12, 2011, 02:11:40 PM

That's a pretty big downside. I don't know of any team that is good long-term that has an upper management deficient in that area.

In Verner We Trust

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 12, 2011, 02:15:10 PM

That's a pretty big downside. I don't know of any team that is good long-term that has an upper management deficient in that area.

Hard to say.

I agree that drafting well is imperative, but knowing who to let walk and also who to keep is also the other part of the equation.  We will see what the Bucs do with Freeman, Blount, MW, etc contracts but also if they bother to re-sign Miller, Stroughter, etc

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 12, 2011, 02:15:13 PM

The first thing Morris needs to do is to lose the consideration that Black and Hayes are in anyway studs.
It's becoming more and more clear the team has no idea how its players measure compared to the rest of the NFL.

That is one of the down sides of the Rah/Dom regime, in that they can't objectively evaluate their talent comparatively to talent across the NFL.

I think they have done a good job evaluating talent.    And a very poor job figuring out how to use said talent.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bucs63

Starter
#18 : September 12, 2011, 02:35:59 PM

The first thing Morris needs to do is to lose the consideration that Black and Hayes are in anyway studs.
+ 2 Morris can't be serious. Studs?

I find it kind of surprising that he calls out players publicly. It's not the first time. Seems like he tries to shift criticism from himself or other coaches to the player. It may be deserved but He's the man in charge and whose taking the field and how they are playing is his responsibility.

Man up and take the heat Raheem. Say you're going to a better job next week and go kick the appropriate coach and player asses inside One Buc!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 12, 2011, 03:15:37 PM

Never been a big Black fan.  I don't think he brings the wood enough.  I think Mason did a good job when he was in there.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

traew01

Pro Bowler

#20 : September 12, 2011, 03:17:37 PM

Man, it is nice to know that according to Raheem's loose definition of "stud" - even I might qualify to be studly. YES!!!! Look out ladies.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#21 : September 12, 2011, 03:57:19 PM

and he should.. Miller has not done anything sense he has been here. He should not be starting anymore

i agree he's a good backup but a below average starter
The best thing Miller has ever done is be better than Hovan and Sims in 2009. He peaked as a rookie.

Can't argue with that...AT ALL!

buchead

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 12, 2011, 04:13:14 PM

Call out said offensive line and greg olson for running 4 plays the whole game.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 12, 2011, 04:18:10 PM

who has drafted 1 Offensive Lineman in three years, a 5th rounder who never made the team? who reward those two bums Joseph and Trublood with decent contracts?  who failed to bring in any decent free agent talent for the OL?  Mark Dominick needs to be called out.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 12, 2011, 04:40:06 PM

who has drafted 1 Offensive Lineman in three years, a 5th rounder who never made the team? who reward those two bums Joseph and Trublood with decent contracts?  who failed to bring in any decent free agent talent for the OL?  Mark Dominick needs to be called out.

Maybe, just maybe that is because they invested heavily with top draft picks (Joseph, Trueblood) and free agent signings (Faine) in the years prior to that while letting all the other positions dwindle to hell. The QB and wide receiver positions sucked, so they addressed that. The d-line sucked, so they addressed that. If the o-line doesn't start coming together, then you can probably be assured that will be addressed in upcoming drafts.

I read an article recently by Brian Billick who said that the teams who will suffer the most this season (because of the lockout), will be the ones who replaced their o-line and d-line position coaches this past offseason. The Bucs replaced BOTH. It will take time for all this to come together.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 12, 2011, 04:56:15 PM

Saw Quincy Black blow coverages for the first time in awhile

ryder004

Second String

#26 : September 12, 2011, 05:18:12 PM

and he should.. Miller has not done anything sense he has been here. He should not be starting anymore
I want Bryan Price to start so bad instead...........but there is a high chance is he starts he will be injured out for the season

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 12, 2011, 05:26:46 PM

Price is Mr Glass at this point so not sure how he can be counted on. I hope that with the Vikes and the All AP all the time gameplan they will show up with that Okam's fat butt will be of more use next week.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

yungry bucs

Second String

#28 : September 12, 2011, 07:34:02 PM

I feel like Morris has been singling out Hayes since he's been HC. I particularly like the kid besides his miss cues and arm tackles from time to time. Honestly, I feel like Black has to step up and earn that C he has on that jersey. Someone shouldve told Okam it was a preseason game so that he would actually do work.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#29 : September 13, 2011, 09:30:22 AM

So how long do both Hayes and Black have to play poorly before they are benched? 
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris singles out 4 defensive players for poor play « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools