Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs offensive coordinator Olson suggests Freeman, others lost their 'swagger' « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

gillen033

Starter

« #15 : September 12, 2011, 06:08:19 PM »

There were a couple plays where he could have stayed in the pocket for another second or two, but to say it was happening the entire game is just ludicrous.

buchead

Hall of Famer

« #16 : September 12, 2011, 06:22:26 PM »

Kettle meet pot.

Only thing is freeman actually has swagger to loose. Not sure olson ever had it to begin with.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #17 : September 12, 2011, 06:24:44 PM »

Olson suuuucks.  His play calling was being interpreted by the defense.  Yeah Ollie...what the hell is that about?

If THAT is not a damning finger point, nothing else can be.  His play calling is garbage, helter skelter, schizo maniacal crapola.  I have said it for a while, and will say it for a while longer, methinks.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« #18 : September 12, 2011, 07:09:47 PM »

i suggest Olson lost his playbook and called it on the fly.
awesome  8) :P ;D ;)

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #19 : September 12, 2011, 09:08:45 PM »

Olson suuuucks.  His play calling was being interpreted by the defense.  Yeah Ollie...what the hell is that about?

If THAT is not a damning finger point, nothing else can be.  His play calling is garbage, helter skelter, schizo maniacal crapola.  I have said it for a while, and will say it for a while longer, methinks.

Dont think I could argue this one bit. You have been saying this for ages and you do appear to be quite correct on this one.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

« #20 : September 12, 2011, 09:26:40 PM »

This is ridiculous. Olson is so lacking in swagger that he makes Clyde Christensen look like Steve Spurrier. How can this guy possibly be complaining about anyone being tentative after calling a gameplan so vanilla that even John Fox would be demanding a little chocolate here and there?

12-4Bucs

Second String

« #21 : September 12, 2011, 09:52:06 PM »

very un kool thing to say about his team and QB to media.....he must be scared of losing his job...but dont worry glazers cant find cheaper oc than olson but again they might...and tell it to fans its part of the plan to stay younger and olsen was too old :)

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

« #22 : September 13, 2011, 12:45:03 AM »

I hate reading "commentary within an article", so sorry, BUT - I have to address some of Olson's lunacy, especially on certain points...

Bucs offensive coordinator Olson suggests Freeman, others lost their 'swagger'

Bucs coach Raheem Morris said some of his players blinked in Sunday's 27-20 loss to the Detroit Lions.  Offensive coordinator Greg Olson indicated quarterback Josh Freeman and others lost their 'swagger.'   Desparate act of a desparate man...?

Whatever the reason, the Bucs did not look like a confident team in Sunday's 27-20 loss to the Detroit Lions.   Could it be that in private, they may have collectively come to the conclusion that Olson's got the balls of a hamster...?   Sit down Java.

"There was just a different feeling on the sideline a little bit,'' Olson said Monday.   Yeah Greg...  That how it feels when young, talented athletes have no believe in their leadership!     "That’s why I come back to that swagger. There’s no reason for this team to blink, you guys are a good football team and believe that. Tha's what our message is for our players. There’s no reason for anyone on this team to blink. You were a 10-6 football team, you won a lot of big games last year. You’re playing against a good football team, certainly, the Lions, but you’re a good football team yourself so there’s no reason for anybody on this team to blink and be in an “Oh, no,’’ mode. We’ll be fine. Just settle down, take a deep breath and play football.’’

Olson said he was concerned that Freeman had to leave the game in the third quarter suffering from dehydration.  Yeah, because dehydration requires a kidney pad belt...  ::)   Freeman returned after receiving intravenous fluids, but Olson suggested it might have been related to anxiety.   Yeah, beause Freeman is the poster child for "not keeping your cool"...  Okay   
“That was definitely a concern coming out, so we’ve got to look at what he’s doing to hydrate his body early in the week,''  Olson said. "For me, seeing that, I thought that was very early for him. Part of that, I think, is lessening the anxiety of our players and developing that swagger that hey, there’s no need for any of us to be nervous out here, you guys are a second-year group now, some of us have been playing together for three or four years. So let’s develop that offensive swagger and make sure everybody knows what they’re doing and go out there and play with a swagger.''  The players WILL develope swagger when YOU have game plans that inspire it.  Period.  You expect them to perform, but don't you think they expect you to too?

Olson cited one example of Freeman's lack of confidence in his receivers on the Bucs' first poseession Sunday. After Sammie Stroughter returned a kickoff 78 yards, the Bucs faced third-and-5 from the Detroit 16-yard line. The Lions were in man-to-man coverage, but Freeman did not give receiver Mike Williams a chance to make a play and wound up taking a sack for a 4-yard loss, forcing the Bucs to settle for a field goal.  My money is on this:  IF Freeman was unconfident in anything, it wasn't his abilties, it was his lack of confidence in the protection he was receiving.  What's next Greg, calling him a coward for getting shif-hammerred on a weekly basis?

"In that situation, you’re expecting man coverage from Detroit which is what we got and now it’s just a matter of executing it and having, to me, confidence between a quarterback and wide receiver knowing here’s the man beaters, this is the guy I’m going to go to and I’m going to trust that he’s going to make a play on the ball,'' Olson said. "We’ve got to develop that swagger as a unit, as skilled players and quarterbacks, that hey, if they’ve got their guy on the other side of the field, if he’s one-on-one, the ball is going to him. And that’s the way it’s got to be with you Mike (Williams), and you Kellen (Winslow) and you Regis (Benn), you’re one-on-one, the ball is going to come to you, you have to win and Josh will have that confidence to throw the ball to you and know you’re going to make a play for him.''   See Line protection.

source: http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/bucs-offensive-coordinator-olson-suggests-freeman-others-lost-their-swagger

Yes Greg... WE "get it"...!  You're trying to tell young guys, that are NOT idiots, who came from behind 6 times last year, and the success of those OBVIOUSLY can't be credited to YOU, otherwise they wouldn't have had to be comebacks, that they've lost their swagger?  Let me know how that works out for ya chuckles...! 

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

« #23 : September 13, 2011, 12:58:38 AM »

i suggest Olson lost his playbook and called it on the fly.

Ridiculous....   That would require an imagination.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #24 : September 13, 2011, 10:42:16 AM »

Olson.... please, take that finger, turn it completely in a 180 degree half circle, and it will be pointing at the guy who shows no swagger. Your play-calling is horrible.

Until you suck less.... you should not say a word about your players.

I cannot believe both the offensive and defensive coordinators of this team are out publicly calling out their own players when their schemes were absolutely TERRIBLE. Unreal. If things do not improve quickly, this is all going to go horribly wrong.

Last night....

Miami has the ball....

3rd and goal from the 9. Chad Henne, QB draw for TD!!!

You're telling me that is a great play call? Ha!! Execution is what makes play calls look good or bad.

Against the Lions, they run a reverse, it works and looks like a good call

We call it last year and get slammed for a 5 yard loss everyone is all over Olsen.

My point is that BOTH are to blame. Olsen being conservative and Freeman not executing or making his reads. It goes both ways.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #25 : September 13, 2011, 10:58:42 AM »

Olson and the "plan" on offense doesn't work with what players they have brought here.  More Freeman in the shotgun with the rest spread out does work.  Not all the time but a hell of a lot more than we do now.  This has proven to be Freeman's strength.  Last I checked...Blount isn't "The Franchise." We need to play to the strengths of Freeman.  The offense is built around him.  I wonder how many more slow, **CENSORED**, performances  it will take to knock them (coaches) outta their stubborn ways and ideas with this pound the rock, control the clock BS.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #26 : September 13, 2011, 01:30:55 PM »

I'm not really buying that Olson never called any plays with deep routes.

I thought Freeman looked **CENSORED**y in the pocket and reverted to some of his bad footwork and conservative approach.

I said it elsewhere, Freeman looks like he is feeling phantom pressure b/c he doesn't trust the OL

Ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner. When a QB doesn't feel comfortable he makes bad decisions and forces throws. The playcalling was good last year by Olsen, I just think Freeman knows his OL sucks and is anticipating the pressure before it even arrives.

One question. Would YOU want to be behind this line? I know I wouldn't. Horrible, just sickening.

And on a side note, screw Olson, he's the main reason we lost that game besides the OL. ...Call for another 5 yard pass Greg. ::) He doesn't have the right to **CENSORED** about anyone.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« #27 : September 14, 2011, 11:39:29 AM »

NFLSTROUD Rick Stroud
Josh Freeman says the Bucs offense did not lose it's swagger.
3 minutes ago

deadzone

Hall of Famer

« #28 : September 14, 2011, 11:50:18 AM »

Olsen lost his swagger......if he even had any......He should be placed on the "Mentally unable to perform" squad......Turn it around Olie or hit the bricks...

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #29 : September 14, 2011, 12:25:01 PM »

For whatever reason, II noticed that Freeman looked kind of anxious...  kinda like his first couple games in 09.   Saucer eyed.

That will go away soon enough...  young man's too smart and just needs to trust himself and his receivers.

We can suppose everything else all day long - won't make a difference until Free's head is right.  plain and simple.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs offensive coordinator Olson suggests Freeman, others lost their 'swagger' « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools