Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Was the Lions O Line Illegal All Day? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

: September 13, 2011, 10:32:56 AM

Steve White on Twitter...

@sgw94

Stephen White

I REALLY want to know how the Lions got away with their OLine being illegal pretty much all day though. I mean every play and it was OBVIOUS

2 hours ago via Twitterrific

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 13, 2011, 10:35:29 AM

Awkward wording makes the post confusing. More importantly, what exactly where they doing illegally?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 13, 2011, 10:48:17 AM

Awkward wording makes the post confusing. More importantly, what exactly where they doing illegally?
Guards were lining up deep...

Gerald McCoy - "The one thing I can say is how those guards were sitting," McCoy said. "As deep as they were sitting, I don't think that was legal. I really don't. We said something to the refs. They just let it go. But we said, 'Hey, we have to play with the conditions we are in and keep playing.'

blackthoughtz

Starter

#3 : September 13, 2011, 10:56:50 AM

Anyone know where we can see the rules?

\\\"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.\\\"

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#4 : September 13, 2011, 11:07:35 AM

a good (competent) coaching staff would have brought it to the official's attention during the game, not on the Monday morning following the game

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 13, 2011, 11:12:48 AM

I guess my question would be what would make anyone think the worst pass rushing defensive line in 2010 would have done anything differently if Detroit was lined up right?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

gillen033

Starter

#6 : September 13, 2011, 11:28:18 AM

Morgan, they did bring it to their attention. The officials just didn't care.

blackthoughtz

Starter

#7 : September 13, 2011, 11:36:09 AM

a good (competent) coaching staff would have brought it to the official's attention during the game, not on the Monday morning following the game

It was already stated by McCoy that they addressed it with the refs. Wtf dude do u read?

\\\"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.\\\"

blackthoughtz

Starter

#8 : September 13, 2011, 11:38:23 AM

I guess my question would be what would make anyone think the worst pass rushing defensive line in 2010 would have done anything differently if Detroit was lined up right?

Well see it that It isn't 2010. Nor did they do the same thing when we played them last year. Means they lined up farther back to neutralize the rush because they didn't have the athletic ability to counter if they didn't have that advantage

Borat!

Starter

#9 : September 13, 2011, 11:41:55 AM

Maybe our o-line should try this since the refs dont seem to care.......

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 13, 2011, 11:42:28 AM

The Lions were clearly the better team last Sunday, no doubt about that. My only question is why it is apparently legal for the Lions to mug Mike Williams in the end zone?

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 13, 2011, 11:47:16 AM

Guards were lining up deep...

Gerald McCoy - "The one thing I can say is how those guards were sitting," McCoy said. "As deep as they were sitting, I don't think that was legal. I really don't. We said something to the refs. They just let it go. But we said, 'Hey, we have to play with the conditions we are in and keep playing.'

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 13, 2011, 11:53:51 AM

There were some calls, or nocalls i did react to. Arron Berry or however you spell his name was imo a bit too physical. He held Mike Williams arms when jumping for the ball.

I dont remeber their o line being a problem, but i guess you dont focus on that during a game.

Never the less, I dont think we lost the game because of the refs but it didnt help.

DLF54927

Practice Squad

#13 : September 13, 2011, 11:59:22 AM

Seriously?  This is common in the NFL and the refs do let it go for the most part.

Occasionally, they'll call an OT for being too far off the ball but it's rare. 

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 13, 2011, 12:01:15 PM

What makes anyone think it was illegal? Different does not equal illegal.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Was the Lions O Line Illegal All Day? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools