Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why is Tom Brady so good? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucNY

Hall of Famer

: September 13, 2011, 12:20:23 PM

Just listening to the Herd and he offered this reasoning from a call in from a coach involved, don't remember what coach it was exactly. The take home point is that in practice Tom is constantly being challenged by his defense, blizting, changing coverages throwing different schemes at him that he wouldn't normally see. This gets him use to seeing every thing and lets him react to it much more easily during the game.

My question is this to local fans. Does this happen with our Young Bucs and specifically Freeman? Are we setting up practice so Freeman can get looks he'll likely see in the next week or do we throw everything and the ktichen sink at him so he can be prepared, and I mean really prepared, for any coverage in any situation? I have never seen a bucs practice so i have no idea. Either way I think we need to start preparing better and Freeman needs to being see unusual packages on the regular in ordered to be completely comfortable seeing it.

We should be training and thinking about the game when we are at practice, not just "taking reps."

Thoughts??

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 13, 2011, 01:06:04 PM

Brady is a smart QB, but the reason he is elite is because he has great protection. If you watch you'll notice that in the very rare case that he gets pressured....he sucks. He is inaccurate, and make bad decisions. The thing is he never gets pressured. Even when their starting center went out last night, he still gets so much time back there. It's not just the time, it's that the O-line actually creates a pocket for him. He can scan the field, step into his throws, and doesn't have to be constantly checking for blitzers. That confidence and time is really what makes Brady great.

Draft Aaron Donald

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 13, 2011, 01:22:08 PM

Yea he had soooo much time yesterday to throw. He could have taken a water break sometimes and nobody would have touched him.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 13, 2011, 01:22:11 PM

It's NOTHING to do with Brady himself. He's just another constructed version of a Bill B "yes man."

Why else do you think Cassel was so great in his time there (made playoffs) but horrible at the chiefs?

I'll say it again and again, it's his OL. They're fantastic. They give him all the time in the world and actually believe in him. (Something the Bucs are missing)

The BEST asset in all of Football (these days) is a good/great OL. They may not get the credit for it, but it IS what makes great teams great and allows for Brady to throw for 500 yards.

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#4 : September 13, 2011, 01:25:53 PM

I think that if you put Tom in a different team, he's still gonna be a great QB. The same goes for Rodgers, Rivers, Brees and Manning. Some guys just have it man. They make great decisions, believe in themselves and just go out there and sling it. What sets Brady apart is that system he is in. The Pats really don't have elite talent when it comes to their weapons, but they are by far the most disciplined team in the NFL. Their guys all run GREAT routes, catch the ball and hold on to it, it's really quite simple. The only way to beat brady is to have a sick pass rush like the ravens or steelers. I'm talking more than one excellent pass rusher on your roster. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 13, 2011, 01:26:20 PM

Belichick is also among the smartest people to ever be involved with the NFL.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 13, 2011, 01:53:15 PM

It's NOTHING to do with Brady himself. He's just another constructed version of a Bill B "yes man."

Why else do you think Cassel was so great in his time there (made playoffs) but horrible at the chiefs?

I'll say it again and again, it's his OL. They're fantastic. They give him all the time in the world and actually believe in him. (Something the Bucs are missing)

The BEST asset in all of Football (these days) is a good/great OL. They may not get the credit for it, but it IS what makes great teams great and allows for Brady to throw for 500 yards.
um Cassel didn't make the playoffs as a starter for the Pats even though he won 11 games and he didn't suck last year with the Chiefs.  his stats were very similar to Freeman's and he won 10 games.  get your facts straight.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 13, 2011, 01:59:48 PM

Yea he had soooo much time yesterday to throw. He could have taken a water break sometimes and nobody would have touched him.

I have no doubt lots of time in the pocket is a huge factor. We saw Brady not perform well against the Lions in the preseason because he was getting pressured.

I don't agree here. Brady is great and if Bill B thought he was a product of himself they wouldn't likely have resigned him for the contract that he has. Something makes Brady so great and it's more a great O-line and discipline. As someone eluded, he makes great decisions and that could be of how he practices and prepares on the field. Not talking about tape watching which is important. I'm starting to think there is something different about how he practices as well.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 13, 2011, 02:02:54 PM

Brady's work ethic is elite.  he wants it more than just about anyone else.  I hate the guy but to say he is a system QB or a product of his OL is a joke.

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 13, 2011, 02:02:57 PM

Do you even know what you are talking about? Cassel threw for 3,116 yards, completed 58% of his passes, had a 93 passer rating, threw for 27 touchdowns and only 7 interceptions last season... Get your facts straight dude...

mattyd1521

Second String
#10 : September 13, 2011, 02:45:54 PM

Brady is a smart QB, but the reason he is elite is because he has great protection. If you watch you'll notice that in the very rare case that he gets pressured....he sucks. He is inaccurate, and make bad decisions. The thing is he never gets pressured. Even when their starting center went out last night, he still gets so much time back there. It's not just the time, it's that the O-line actually creates a pocket for him. He can scan the field, step into his throws, and doesn't have to be constantly checking for blitzers. That confidence and time is really what makes Brady great.
Yeah look at the last two playoff games he has been in when the ravens and Jets defense put pressure on him, he looked far from a great QB. Don't get me wrong he is one of the best if not the best in the NFL, but his success depends a lot on how the O-line plays. When he feels the pressure he starts making mistakes you don't see him make the entire season. At the same time, I can't fault him for having a great offensive line.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 13, 2011, 02:50:16 PM

I personally think Payton is superior to Brady but one can certainly take the other position.  Both are 1st ballot HOFers.  The Marino/Montanna of this era.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 13, 2011, 02:53:35 PM

He has one of the quickest releases in the game...ever. 

He seems to be a pure student of the game....great coaching and greater work ethic.

He has EARNED it.  He didn't come out of college the #1 guy and there was a desire to be great....he certainly is.

I have never given him his due until today.  What he did to Miami was freaking awesome.....the guy has to be considered one of the best ever.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 13, 2011, 03:44:31 PM

Tom Brady is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, quarterback to ever play in the NFL and I'm very happy I've gotten to watch him throughout his career.

It is not the system. It is Tom Brady. He is a once in a lifetime player.

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#14 : September 13, 2011, 05:36:40 PM

Tom Brady is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, quarterback to ever play in the NFL and I'm very happy I've gotten to watch him throughout his career.

It is not the system. It is Tom Brady. He is a once in a lifetime player.
+1
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why is Tom Brady so good? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools