Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why is Tom Brady so good? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 13, 2011, 05:59:34 PM

Because Belichick isn't Greg Olson, he actually lets his QB do what he's capable of doing.

jbr18

Second String

#16 : September 13, 2011, 07:40:58 PM

Why did he get drafted so late? Im a fan of his but always wondered why. Was it bad grades, didnt do well on the field?

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 13, 2011, 07:53:02 PM

What  J D ub said plus if you look at his eyes...they are cold and analytical....I think part of what makes him great is his ability to play so dispassionately.  When he does get ruffled he does not play as well.....wish we had his  oline....

McCoy93

Starter

#18 : September 13, 2011, 08:21:59 PM

Why did he get drafted so late? Im a fan of his but always wondered why. Was it bad grades, didnt do well on the field?

varitey of reasons:

his numbers weren't eye popping.
when you look at the film in college it showed nothing that he would one day be special in the nfl.
he wassn't the most physically gifted QB

Hate

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 13, 2011, 10:06:08 PM

It's NOTHING to do with Brady himself.

i stopped reading right there!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 13, 2011, 11:20:24 PM

It's NOTHING to do with Brady himself. He's just another constructed version of a Bill B "yes man."

Why else do you think Cassel was so great in his time there (made playoffs) but horrible at the chiefs?

I'll say it again and again, it's his OL. They're fantastic. They give him all the time in the world and actually believe in him. (Something the Bucs are missing)

The BEST asset in all of Football (these days) is a good/great OL. They may not get the credit for it, but it IS what makes great teams great and allows for Brady to throw for 500 yards.

Do you even know what you are talking about? Cassel threw for 3,116 yards, completed 58% of his passes, had a 93 passer rating, threw for 27 touchdowns and only 7 interceptions last season... Get your facts straight dude...

Ok, so his overall stats @ the Cheifs is good? I mean, he wasn't bad last season, but the season before he was a big waste. I won't take anything away from his season last season, but overall I still don't think he's the answer for them. He's a Stafford is disguise, so I suppose "horrible" is a bit harsh, but he's not a savior of any kind. More like a one-hit wonder. Ask his team's fans what they think, I think you'll get the idea. Cassel's awesome six points he placed on the mighty Bills was impressive....

Also, he has a pair of good RB's, and one that is downright scary to any team taking a huge load off his shoulders. Btw, they combined for 2627 yards.

(And my bad, I forgot the Pats missed PO narrowly. It was an 11 win season for them and they are usually in PO.)

Either way, the conversation was about what makes Brady great, not Cassel. I stand firm that it's Brady's great OL (And Bill B himself) that makes their dynasty tick. However, there really is no way to know, because IF Brady is ever traded (or whatever) it would be hard to gauge from team to team, as most teams don't have that kind of OL to start with, and the "age" card will be played like it was with Favre by that time.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : September 14, 2011, 12:02:46 AM

Tom Brady is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, quarterback to ever play in the NFL and I'm very happy I've gotten to watch him throughout his career.

It is not the system. It is Tom Brady. He is a once in a lifetime player.
+1
+2

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 14, 2011, 09:55:49 AM

Brady is great, not sure how anyone can argue that.  But you also can't deny what that team did when he went down.  Now, compare that to what the Colts look like w/o Manning.  That's what separates the two, IMO.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 14, 2011, 10:43:05 AM

you could put a healthy Manning on the worst team in the league and he'll take em to the playoffs.  I have no doubt about it.  what other single  player in the last 30 years could you honestly say that about?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 14, 2011, 04:49:22 PM

Belichick is also among the smartest people to ever be involved with the NFL.

Speaking of Belichick, NFLN is doing a two-part special on him starting Thursday night at 9 PM.  Should be pretty interesting.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 14, 2011, 04:54:34 PM

I saw that.  I'm sure my wife's step father will make me watch it the next time we visit.  He invited me to go down to foxboro on friday for Bledsoe's induction into the Patriot's ring of honor.  I had to pass. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 16, 2011, 07:18:43 AM

you could put a healthy Manning on the worst team in the league and he'll take em to the playoffs.  I have no doubt about it.  what other single  player in the last 30 years could you honestly say that about?

Rogers or Brady could do that.
I respectably disagree.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why is Tom Brady so good? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools