Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman refuses to push the panic button. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

: September 14, 2011, 02:00:33 PM

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/bucs/2011/sep/14/bucs-qb-freeman-theres-no-panic-after-week-1-loss-ar-257670/

__

TAMPA --
Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Josh Freeman has heard the criticisms of his team after its season-opening loss to Detroit.

Many are questioning why Tampa Bay running back LeGarrette Blount had only five carries for 15 yards and was not utilized in the second half of the 27-20 loss. The Bucs failed to sack or hit Detroit quarterback Matthew Stafford, leading to criticism of the defensive line. Tampa Bay also failed to score an offensive touchdown in the first quarter and questions have swirled about its repeated slow starts.

Freeman refuses to push the panic button.

"It's kind of a Chicken Little complex," Freeman said. "Lose the first game, the sky's falling, you guys are never going to win again, you can't start, the defense can't do this or can't do that. Within the building, we know what kind of team we are.

"We know we let one get away this past weekend and we know we can go out and play better football and win games. There's no panic, so to speak, within this building, within our locker room."

Freeman praised his offensive line for its protection when Tampa Bay ran its two-minute offense against Detroit, but admits the Bucs needs to start faster.

Over the past 55 games, Tampa Bay's offense has failed to score more than seven points in the opening quarter.

"You talk about LeGarrette running the ball," Freeman said. "He's not going to get stuffed very often. He's going to fall forward and get four or five yards a pop. We have a great offensive line. I can see us coming out this week and starting fast."

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 14, 2011, 02:01:54 PM

Lets hope hes right....

meatwad4343

Starter

#2 : September 14, 2011, 02:03:53 PM

replace olson with a competant oc and i bet the slow starts stop

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 14, 2011, 02:06:49 PM

I think Freeman knows he was in a funk last game. This kid just has a level of understanding the situation that I've never seen in a young QB.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 14, 2011, 02:08:20 PM

I am not hitting the panic button. More like the annoyed button. We are better than we played all preseason and better than we played vs the Lions. Maybe all this criticism will wake this team up!!!

They have played very uninspired all year and certainly looked half asleep against the Lions. We all talked about so many reasons why this team have a 2nd year slump but just saying it doesn't make it so. Think back to last year. I always pick the 49ers game because we looked tenacious on defense before we lost a bunch of starters. Go back and rewatch that game if you can. Our defense looked hungry! We looked impressed by the Lions. We need to play much better and all this should be a wake up call, if one was really needed.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

UMiamiBucFan

Starter

#5 : September 14, 2011, 02:09:03 PM

Frankly, I think its Gruden's influence on Olson that is continuing to plague us. Gruden hated the first quarter. His gameplan for the first quarter was to simply survive it without getting down by too much. He felt that once the players settled in, they could then really execute the gameplan. Gruden-lite remains in Tampa.

Edit: Don't take this as me using Gruden as an excuse. This is Olson's fault. I just see the correlation between Gruden's gameplan and Olson's.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#6 : September 14, 2011, 02:09:14 PM

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/bucs/2011/sep/14/bucs-qb-freeman-theres-no-panic-after-week-1-loss-ar-257670/

__

TAMPA --
Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Josh Freeman has heard the criticisms of his team after its season-opening loss to Detroit.

Many are questioning why Tampa Bay running back LeGarrette Blount had only five carries for 15 yards and was not utilized in the second half of the 27-20 loss. The Bucs failed to sack or hit Detroit quarterback Matthew Stafford, leading to criticism of the defensive line. Tampa Bay also failed to score an offensive touchdown in the first quarter and questions have swirled about its repeated slow starts.

Freeman refuses to push the panic button.

"It's kind of a Chicken Little complex," Freeman said. "Lose the first game, the sky's falling, you guys are never going to win again, you can't start, the defense can't do this or can't do that. Within the building, we know what kind of team we are.

"We know we let one get away this past weekend and we know we can go out and play better football and win games. There's no panic, so to speak, within this building, within our locker room."

Freeman praised his offensive line for its protection when Tampa Bay ran its two-minute offense against Detroit, but admits the Bucs needs to start faster.

Over the past 55 games, Tampa Bay's offense has failed to score more than seven points in the opening quarter.

"You talk about LeGarrette running the ball," Freeman said. "He's not going to get stuffed very often. He's going to fall forward and get four or five yards a pop. [size=14pt]We have a great offensive line.[/size] I can see us coming out this week and starting fast."

Here it is again. The whole organization is brainwashed that we have some awesome offensive line.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 14, 2011, 02:09:40 PM

What the h..l else would you expect him to say......the Oline sucks?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 14, 2011, 02:10:08 PM

Well what do you want them to say... that they suck?? Id rather leave that for our fans.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#9 : September 14, 2011, 02:18:38 PM

No. He doesn't need to say anything at all, but he definitely doesn't need to be saying that they're great. Nobody asked him a question about the o-line anyway.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 14, 2011, 02:29:50 PM

Hey Freeman, STFU and play. You're only as good as your last game and last I checked, you were outplayed by a qb picked before you in the draft.

The jury is still out on whether you're the 3rd best qb in your draft or not.

You better get more than 3 wins or the Bucs will have a shot at the super qb of the future in Luck and you will be nothing but a 1 season wonder.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 14, 2011, 02:33:52 PM

Hey Freeman, STFU and play. You're only as good as your last game and last I checked, you were outplayed by a qb picked before you in the draft.

You better get more than 3 wins or the Bucs will have a shot at the super qb of the future in Luck and you will be nothing but a 1 season wonder.
I think he hears you loud and clear...Maybe a tad too loud?

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 14, 2011, 02:43:49 PM

I think he hears you loud and clear...Maybe a tad too loud?
I sure **CENSORED**ing hope so.

If Freeman doesn't get emotional then his oline will not play with emotion. It Starts and ends with Freeman and he looked and played like **CENSORED**.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 14, 2011, 02:50:53 PM

He had a slump like this last season too and people panicked, but after a few games, he was okay. :)

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 14, 2011, 02:54:22 PM

good thing for the lions Stafford played through waay more excuses.

For Freemans sake, I sure hope he gets it right real fast.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman refuses to push the panic button. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools