Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman refuses to push the panic button. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 14, 2011, 03:35:03 PM

What the h..l else would you expect him to say......the Oline sucks?

On multiple occasions he mentions the Oline as being a great Oline without even being asked about them. Its in today's press conference. I certainly didn't expect him to praise the Oline when they weren't even brought up.

FinkleisEinhorn

Second String

#16 : September 14, 2011, 03:55:50 PM

The part that concerns me is the lack of tenacity.  For the last 3 years we have heard how young and hungry these guys are; how eager they are to compete; how much enthusiasm and energy they have.

We may not have much experience, we may not have a bunch of superstars, we may not have a huge payroll, but the one thing Morris says this team does have is tenacity.

Well, where was it on Sunday?  The team seemed to lack any sort of enthusiasm or energy we keep hearing about.

To make some mental mistakes and questionable play calls is one thing, but seeing this team roll out completely flat is another.

The defining term for our team is youngry, but I sure didn't see it.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 14, 2011, 03:59:59 PM

Nobody asked him a question about the o-line anyway.

So....  Do you think he just "bumped into" Anwar Richardson at his local Starbucks...?

Of course he was asked questions...   ::)    It's from an interview for a local mullet wrapper.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 14, 2011, 04:16:30 PM

To be honest, the Oline players that most have all the problems with aren't so "Young."

When I think Youngry, I think Freeman, Blount, Williams, the Dline, etc...not Faine, Penn, and True.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 14, 2011, 05:32:46 PM

It's not just Freeman and Olson.

The Bucs have been playing this way in the early part of games since as long as I can remember.

The Dungy, "just play close until the 2nd half" has permeated this team since he got here. Then Gruden, same style and now Morris.

Made no difference who the coaches were. Last OC I can remember who didn't have that thinking was Les Steckle-and he was fired!. IIRC, we had more yards and points during his time here.
: September 14, 2011, 05:34:41 PM Uncle Stan

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 14, 2011, 06:01:59 PM

It's not just Freeman and Olson.

The Bucs have been playing this way in the early part of games since as long as I can remember.

The Dungy, "just play close until the 2nd half" has permeated this team since he got here. Then Gruden, same style and now Morris.

Made no difference who the coaches were. Last OC I can remember who didn't have that thinking was Les Steckle-and he was fired!. IIRC, we had more yards and points during his time here.
Yup.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 14, 2011, 06:07:54 PM

Uncle Stan...  Have I got something brewing....   Oh yeah.  You'll like this.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 14, 2011, 06:23:12 PM

FTW about to go HAM......with......something. :D

Hate

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 14, 2011, 06:56:57 PM

I think Freeman knows he was in a funk last game.

Last game? He's looked like isht all preseason. Can't hit a pass, can't run the ball, can't sustain a drive. What would make anyone think they'd just turn it on week 1?

-------------------------------------------------------

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 14, 2011, 07:01:07 PM

Cmon now Hate...You know Free has the smarts to know he's not where he wants to be. He'll get into his zone before long.

You know how Freeman was last season. That talent just can't "Go away". He showed too much just to be a bust after one good year.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 14, 2011, 07:16:00 PM

Cmon now Hate...You know Free has the smarts to know he's not where he wants to be. He'll get into his zone before long.

You know how Freeman was last season. That talent just can't "Go away". He showed too much just to be a bust after one good year.

Its not as if it hasn't happened before.

All i know is the guy has looked like crap thus far this yr. Last yr means nuthin to me.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 14, 2011, 07:23:07 PM

I think Freeman knows he was in a funk last game.

Last game? He's looked like isht all preseason. Can't hit a pass, can't run the ball, can't sustain a drive. What would make anyone think they'd just turn it on week 1?

Well I won't say all preseason. He looked decent in the Chiefs game. Maybe a bit of rust, but still moved the ball well enough that's how I expected he would play the beginning of the season. I don't know what's happened in the Pats, Dolphins, and 3/4ths of Lions game to be as awful as he has though.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 14, 2011, 07:40:19 PM

Well I won't say all preseason. He looked decent in the Chiefs game. Maybe a bit of rust, but still moved the ball well enough that's how I expected he would play the beginning of the season. I don't know what's happened in the Pats, Dolphins, and 3/4ths of Lions game to be as awful as he has though.

He took us on 1 td drive that started inside the Chiefs' 10 yd line. Other than that, he's done nuthin. Tired of the talkin/excuses, want results.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 14, 2011, 08:07:44 PM

Freeman might be suffering from paralysis from analysis. Olson has put more on his plate as far as play calling. Almost every play now has both a run and pass option as well as options depending on what the defense throws at them. I'm not particularly thrilled with Olson, since he basically adopted Gruden's offense, which I feel is boring, but he might be unnecessarily taking some of the heat for Freeman's tentativeness. For example, that play where the Bucs were 4th and goal and Freeman chose to hand off to Graham from the shotgun, Ollie said that play had both a pass and run option and FREEMAN chose to hand off to Graham. Ollie also eluded to the fact that when Freeman sees single coverage on certain receivers he is supposed to throw them the ball but has chose other options. It's not all on Olson and it's not all on Freeman. It's all part of a young QB developing. Everyone has put Freeman way up high on a pedestal because of his performance last season. Well, if you examine it closely, Freeman pretty much sucked in the first halves all last season. We forget because of his second half heroics when the guys were basically playing sandlot ball to catch up. There is still a learning curve that Freeman has to go thru in order to fully operate a complex offense like Gruden and Olson like to use. Why do you think Gruden never had any success with young QB's? He will get there but it will take some time and patience.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 14, 2011, 09:22:00 PM

He took us on 1 td drive that started inside the Chiefs' 10 yd line. Other than that, he's done nuthin. Tired of the talkin/excuses, want results.

Took us on 2 decent FG drives too. He definitely has to have a good game on Sunday though, otherwise there'll be real talks of a slump and how he's a one year wonder.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman refuses to push the panic button. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools