Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Buccaneers are losing fans at a rapid pace « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #15 : September 16, 2011, 09:15:31 AM »

Demand is directly related to how good something is.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

« #16 : September 16, 2011, 09:15:33 AM »

One game is a state of suckage? Gimme a break.
Give you a break...?  If it were as simple as just "one game".......  I would NEVER have posted that.

Think more in terms of "how many YEARS of ineptitude" are the cause?  It's NOT like we were "all world", and all of a sudden we became mediocre in a single game.

And for God's sake...  Please don't be so naive as to say.... "But we were 10-6 last year!"

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

« #17 : September 16, 2011, 09:20:01 AM »

Prices are determined by supply and demand, not by how good something is.
In that same breath, you can add this:

When the quality of the product is sub-par, demand will be proportionately lower.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #18 : September 16, 2011, 09:22:41 AM »

And for God's sake...  Please don't be so naive as to say.... "But we were 10-6 last year!"

You're naive and ignorant if you don't see 10-6 as a huge positive for this team and excitement level for Bucs fans.

At one point last year, they were the youngest team in the league. They overcame that youth and tons of injuries to starters to go 10-6. That was impressive to anybody who watches football. The "soft" schedule doesn't take away from that.

This year, we're the youngest team in the league, again. It will take a little time for things to come together.

Yes, give me a break.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #19 : September 16, 2011, 09:30:59 AM »

How many years is it ok for them to use the excuse of being the youngest team in the league?    If that excuse is ok, all they have to do is never sign any free agents, keep all 1st and 2nd year players, and get rid of guys like Ruud and Caddy when they start to age a bit.

The fact is, the Bucs didn't even want to compete this year.    I don't find that acceptable.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

« #20 : September 16, 2011, 09:33:02 AM »

That's an error. The Dodgers have had a decrease in attendance. You're misreading the article.

What about this did I "misread"...?
"MLB teams such as Los Angeles and Minnesota saw crowds increase more than 50 percent, while Philadelphia’s attendance doubled."

When anyone contradicts the first statement within an article, I don't even look at the remainder.

I thought the Dodger's attendance would have been "down", but I have no concrete data to back up that assumption.  To say I "misread it" is idiotic.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #21 : September 16, 2011, 09:37:03 AM »

If you paid attention to the type of players they added, you would know that the youngest team in the league moniker is not going to last for long. We're set at many positions. That doesn't mean I didn't want them to add a few vets.

As far as not competing this year? We'll see what happens in the next 15 games.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #22 : September 16, 2011, 09:40:04 AM »

25% drop in attendance since 2008 is pretty significant.

Unproven team filled with unproven players and stays silent in free agency. That just doesnt get people excited to get off the couch and spend money, especially during a recession.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #23 : September 16, 2011, 09:40:21 AM »

So next year if they are the youngest team in the league again, you will admit it's time to complain?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #24 : September 16, 2011, 09:48:31 AM »

So next year if they are the youngest team in the league again, you will admit it's time to complain?

I may complain before that. But if they are THE youngest team, something is wrong.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

« #25 : September 16, 2011, 09:50:06 AM »

I'm trying to find a pair of tickets to the Falcons game next weekend and am having trouble finding anything under $40/ea in a stadium that will end up being half empty. This is completely assinine. Why they have no interest in marketing their product and making it accessible to those interested is beyond me.

This is the essesnce of the Bucs attendance problems. The Bucs ticket prices are amongst the cheapest in the NFL. But it's fans like you that want tickets even cheaper. Enjoy your blackout. And when the Glazers get fed up with the fan base and lack of sales they will move the team to LA.

And when that happens we will all feel what the city of Cleveland felt when the Browns bolted to Baltimore.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

« #26 : September 16, 2011, 09:54:51 AM »

You're naive and ignorant if you don't see 10-6 as a huge positive for this team and excitement level for Bucs fans.

At one point last year, they were the youngest team in the league. They overcame that youth and tons of injuries to starters to go 10-6. That was impressive to anybody who watches football. The "soft" schedule doesn't take away from that.

This year, we're the youngest team in the league, again. It will take a little time for things to come together.

Yes, give me a break.

Naive and ignorant...?  I couldn't simply just be wrong without your insulting, juvenile name-calling Joe?  Think about it...

And... FWIW...  We were "the youngest team in the league" ALL YEAR LONG - not just "at one point".  (And you refer to me as ignorant?  Wow.)

Was 10-6 " impressive to anybody who watches football"...?  Of course, and I never said it wasn't Joe.  You're NOT taking my statement WITHIN THE CONTEXT of the topic at hand...

I was simply saying "Don't use last years win/loss record as an indicator that our team is NOT mired in mediocrity, and has been since 2002."

Last year WAS amazing.

Did we overachieve?  Sure we did, and most will admit that (or should).

Was our record indicative of our teams performance over the past decade...?  Pffft.... Hardly.  (That WAS the context our record was mentioned within.  Remember?  ::)  ) 

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #27 : September 16, 2011, 09:58:18 AM »

Bucs will be using the TT model, so the Bucs will more than likely be one of the youngest teams again next year.  I believe 10 rookies made the Packers squad this year, so expect that trend to continue with the Bucs.  The difference is Dominik's biggest signing was Ward and that was a dud compared to TT's Charles Woodson to excite the fanbase.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

« #28 : September 16, 2011, 10:09:23 AM »

The issue with fans isn't just economic in nature, it's a lot more than that.

1) The coaches haven't convinced fans they know what they are doing
2) The players haven't convinced fans that they care about winning
3) The owners haven't convinced fans that they care about the team
4) There is a complete lack of Public Relations going on to spur interest
5) Stadium concessions seem to be overpriced and service a joke (according to some reports from fans)
6) Lack of prime time games (which will be rectified this year)
7) The variety of ways to watch the game from the comfort of your AC home and not at a swelteringly hot stadium

This leads a lot of folks to not only check what they do with their dollar but actively want to do something different.

Put a product on the field that actually looks good, market it properly and win games will get fans to come along.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #29 : September 16, 2011, 10:14:42 AM »

Bucs marketing is weak compared to a college program like USF.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Buccaneers are losing fans at a rapid pace « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools