Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Buccaneers are losing fans at a rapid pace « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

The Shadow

Starter

#90 : September 18, 2011, 09:48:01 AM

Yet you're still here talking about them right? It's not because you don't care is it? The rest of that quote explains my position. Fans are still fans whether they make the trek to the Stadium or not. I could agree If you are talking about a small sliver of the fanbase who are front running phonies. I'm reminded of a old quote about the opposite of love not being hate but indifference. I see contempt here but not apathy. In my opinion, you care. You post. If you didn't, you'd be on a beach somewhere reading a book.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#91 : September 18, 2011, 09:52:42 AM

Caring about the future and supporting the current team are 2 different things though.    Honestly, I would love for Raheem to step up this year and go 12-4 and win a playoff game or two.   I'd give him my complete support if that happened.  But I really think they will go 6-10.   Mostly because of him.   I think this team has some talent.   They were unprepared week 1 relative to the Lions.   Let's hope they are better prepared for week 2.

The Shadow

Starter

#92 : September 18, 2011, 10:06:38 AM

I agree. I 'd like those things too. Which reminds me I need to check my Lotto tickets. I'm willing to bet that, as a fan, you have seen far darker days than these, I know I have. Despite all the missteps and mistakes the franchise has had through the years I still love 'em  and I think you do as well. That doesn't mean one cannot criticize the way things are done and decisions that are made. I see plenty I just shake my head at. BUT...come Sunday, you can bet your sweet azz you know where I'll be. Watching my team try to win.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#93 : September 18, 2011, 10:11:58 AM

Evidentally we have a lot a ice hockey fans here in Tampa......they've more than doubled their season ticket sales.....

=========================================================================

Hockey is a horrible sport to watch on TV but it is a great sport to see live. Football, on the other hand, is better on TV than it is live. More and more people are choosing to watch football games from the comfort of their homes......but they are still fans.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#94 : September 18, 2011, 10:17:10 AM

I live in a country where they do a full pat down whenever you go to any nightclub  No big deal to me.

Is that how they can tell the lady boys from the girls?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#95 : September 18, 2011, 10:18:09 AM

Just priced a few tickets on ticketmaster for next season's Bolts game - and they're pretty steep - couldn't find a ticket less than $40 for the Penguins game- guess the economy is doing better if they can sell hockey to Floridians.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#96 : September 18, 2011, 01:45:45 PM

Hmmm I mention something about his in a previous thread...with the economy as it is...Having a family and been here as a 4th Generation Floridian....Football is outpriced....sorry if that hurts anyones logic but even your middleclass who are struggling with everyday bills and feeding their family...There is no room to go to the entertainment package to see eight games at a stadium...OBD

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#97 : September 18, 2011, 02:29:56 PM

today's game sure isn't going to help maintain the Bucs' fanbase, is it?

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#98 : September 18, 2011, 02:30:41 PM

Don't care how pathetic the fan base in Tampa is. Bunch of old people that don't like change anyways. No surprise here.

Old people are in Sarasota and Naples ... Have you driven around Tampa it is young in every aspect from USF to a meduim age of 35 years old..

I'll give you St Pete maybe but not Tampa proper..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#99 : September 18, 2011, 02:30:55 PM

I don't even think the Colts game will sell out now.

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Buccaneers are losing fans at a rapid pace « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools