Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ZUTTAH TO START OVER LARSEN SUNDAY AT VIKINGS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Borat!

Starter

« #30 : September 16, 2011, 08:53:36 PM »

I'm sick of the coach making excuses for poor performances.

What excuse was there? Larsen sucked so he was replaced.
The excuse is that "he was playing with bum ankle". Larsen has NEVER been good.

Either way, hes benched now. He did pretty well last year so to say he never was any good is a little foolish, but I think hes better as a C anyway. Hes a good back up tho because hes got some starting experience and can swing between LG and possibly C.

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #31 : September 16, 2011, 09:03:50 PM »

I hope Zuttah plays great - I love huge surprises.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Piratic

Starter

« #32 : September 16, 2011, 09:07:51 PM »

Hopefully Zuttah can at least plug in that hole for the season.

He's produced from the very beginning
I wouldn't go that far...

From Buccaneers.com: http://www.buccaneers.com/team/roster/Jeremy-Zuttah/8b048f3c-9b36-4651-9c1e-5608a9e99cce

Became the third rookie in the last four years to start for the Buccaneers on the offensive line on opening day…Started his first four career games at right guard
I'm not one to take a Buccaneers.com article as an objective report on the play of a Buccaneer. If he produced from the very beginning, he wouldn't have been benched to begin with.

That said, aside with some problems snapping the ball in the shotgun, he played pretty well last year at C

There's nothing in those two lines than couldn't easily be found on a stat sheet. No mention is made of how he played, only that he did indeed play.

He's always been viewed as a versatile backup who was smart enough to play all five positions, but he never had the expectations of #75, or even #65. Your argument that he was benched due to lack of production is difficult to dismiss, but again, he was never thought of as a starter, and the coaching staff hated to lose his versatility.

Certainly the most obvious flaw in his game were his shotgun snaps. They seemed to take forever to get to #5, even when they were on target, yet he is easily the best option at back-up Center at this point in time.

Question is, if we could clone a line of Zuttah's, would the line be better? Somehow, I think so.

Somehow, I readily agree with you. 

So is Zoot a real starter or is he just covering for another injured o linemen who isnt better than him?

Ironically enough, it might be both. He'll have his chance to prove that he should remain the starter. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #33 : September 16, 2011, 09:07:53 PM »

I am perfectly fine with this.  Like Dotson, Larsen is a project that needs more seasoning given he hasn't played OG that much in his football career. I don't understand the hate for young players like Dotson, or Larsen to be honest given they need time to develop.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #34 : September 16, 2011, 09:42:18 PM »

I'm sick of the coach making excuses for poor performances.

What excuse was there? Larsen sucked so he was replaced.
The excuse is that "he was playing with bum ankle". Larsen has NEVER been good.

Either way, hes benched now. He did pretty well last year so to say he never was any good is a little foolish, but I think hes better as a C anyway. Hes a good back up tho because hes got some starting experience and can swing between LG and possibly C.
If did good for his draft status. He didn't play great but did a decent job. But because he's a 6th round pick practice squad guy, we color that "good". He was useless in the running game on the leftside. The only thing he did well was PULL to the right side and be a lead blocker. WOW, impressive a mobile guard that can block linebackers. Freakin' amazing.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

« #35 : September 16, 2011, 10:28:11 PM »

I am perfectly fine with this.  Like Dotson, Larsen is a project that needs more seasoning given he hasn't played OG that much in his football career. I don't understand the hate for young players like Dotson, or Larsen to be honest given they need time to develop.

I don't think many people are giving up on Larsen. Most of us are just happy that the obvious decision was finally made because right now Zuttah IS much better. I'd say the majority of people here are far more sick of Faine and Trueblood than Larsen who hasn't been around nearly as long as those two.

McCoy93

Starter

« #36 : September 17, 2011, 12:58:03 AM »

what does Zuttah specialzie in run blocking?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #37 : September 17, 2011, 08:59:34 AM »

what does Zuttah specialzie in run blocking?

I'd say pass blocking.  He's a finesse player, not a mauler.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #38 : September 17, 2011, 09:08:50 AM »

what does Zuttah specialzie in?

Mainly in sitting on the bench.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ZUTTAH TO START OVER LARSEN SUNDAY AT VIKINGS « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools