Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MORRIS SHAKES UP O-LINE, ZUTTAH TO START « previous next »
Page: 1 2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 17, 2011, 12:20:19 PM

Kyle Arrington wasn't good enough to make the Bucs squad, but he made the Patriots squad.  Does that mean the Bucs made a mistake cutting Arrington?

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 17, 2011, 12:22:35 PM

Well that solves it all.......Raheem is a genius.........

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 17, 2011, 12:49:52 PM

Kyle Arrington wasn't good enough to make the Bucs squad, but he made the Patriots squad.  Does that mean the Bucs made a mistake cutting Arrington?
no because Arrington isn't very good for the Patriots either.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 17, 2011, 12:54:59 PM

I don't see it. Larsen just isn't physical. Someone point out ONE game where Larsen thorougly dominted at the POA 1v1 against his man. He is a good pull guard for the 2nd level which makes him a good candidate for the center position. OL is just one of those positions where you see a player is going to be good, average, or bad from the JUMP.

QFT.  That's why it was disappointing to hear how Larsen was such a great find in the "2nd draft".  I mean, he played well for a guy signed off of the street but he wasn't a guy to continue to go forward with at LG.

It's just another example of the questionable decisions by the FO along the OL.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 17, 2011, 02:36:18 PM

no because Arrington isn't very good for the Patriots either.
Thank you.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 17, 2011, 04:47:20 PM

I'm not saying we should give up on Larsen(especially since I think he'd make a better C anyways), but what exactly indicates that he's a gem at all? He came in last season and was serviceable in replacing an injured player, and that's awesome, but just because he held up okay doesn't make him a gem. In all reality he was below average last season.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 18, 2011, 12:07:53 AM

In fantasy-world it would be the next step towards Faine being benched.

Sit Larson, start Zuttah. Then, when Larson is healthy and Faine takes his yearly vacation, bamn! ...permanent vacation for Faine and a upgrade at the C position! Everyone is happy!

...Damnit you fantasy-world, you teasing bastard!

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 18, 2011, 11:30:29 AM

This doesn't logically make sense because according to some BB doesn't keep terrible players.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 18, 2011, 11:40:56 AM

they were pretty thin at CB.  just like we were plenty thin on the OL. BB has replaced him as a starter.  Looks like Morris is replacing Larsen as a starter.  what's not to get?  sometimes you're forced to use guys that are less than ideal.  but you replace them first chance you get.  why we waited until game 2 is beyond me however.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 18, 2011, 11:43:18 AM

That is a choice, not a forced decision by both teams as the Patriots didn't address CB and neither did the Bucs at OL this off season. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 18, 2011, 11:53:23 AM

Arrington started due to an injury to Leigh Bodden.  Bodden is healthy now.  They also drafted Ras I-Dowling, who is the starter opposite McCourty.
: September 18, 2011, 11:58:09 AM Skull and Bones

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 18, 2011, 12:00:01 PM

Arrington started due to an injury to Leigh Bodden.  Bodden is healthy now.  They also drafted Ras I-Dowling, who is the starter opposite McCourty.

True.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 18, 2011, 12:06:14 PM

The Falcons let Brett Favre get away. The Chargers let Brees and Michael Turner get away. Players sometimes work on teams when they didn't work on another. It happens.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MORRIS SHAKES UP O-LINE, ZUTTAH TO START « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools