Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doug Martin « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 38

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#90 : February 25, 2012, 07:05:45 PM

Richardson is a beast.   He has nothing to prove on the bench press.   Everyone knows he's a workout warrior.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#91 : February 25, 2012, 07:07:13 PM

Doug Martin is every bit as good as Trent Richardson. Yeah....I said it. Possibly the best RB in the draft. If he's there in the 3rd he would be a ridiculous steal.

When all is said and done Martin will be the 2nd or 3rd RB taken. If Bucs want him they will have to use their 2nd rounder on him. And I hope they do.

jvato24

Starter

#92 : February 25, 2012, 07:08:08 PM

Sure wish Trent Richardson was participating. Would love to see them do all the drills side by side tomorrow.

Why did Trent not at least do the bench press? Doesn't seem like a minor knee surgery should stop him from doing the bench.

I'm pretty concerned Martin will go before the 36th pick.

Mayock had Dougie as his #1 value pick when listing draft prospects

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#93 : February 25, 2012, 07:10:40 PM

Doug Martin is every bit as good as Trent Richardson. Yeah....I said it. Possibly the best RB in the draft. If he's there in the 3rd he would be a ridiculous steal.

When all is said and done Martin will be the 2nd or 3rd RB taken. If Bucs want him they will have to use their 2nd rounder on him. And I hope they do.

I'm not so sure he will be there in the 2nd.

bamabucs

Second String

#94 : February 25, 2012, 07:33:37 PM

LOL

jeanclaud

Starter

#95 : February 25, 2012, 08:15:45 PM

LOL

Folks, the completely impartial bamabucs.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#96 : February 25, 2012, 08:36:11 PM

So if you don't believe he'll be there in the 2nd, do you think we should pick Richardson in the 1st? And if not, then who do you see as our RB solution this offseason? Other than Peyton Hillis who I know you're going to say....

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#97 : February 25, 2012, 09:52:17 PM

Martin isn't that good but he is very underrated. Nothing real special about Martin. He is solid in just about everything and packs quickness. There are 5-6 backs that will be taken before him b/c he just isn't as good.

haha, this is only a few months ago. Still think 5-6 RBs go before him? That will be a lot of RBs in the first round.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#98 : February 25, 2012, 10:41:37 PM

There was nothing "real special" about Frank Gore and Ray Rice either. Other backs in their respective draft classes were faster, bigger, more accomplished, more flashy picks. But I dont think you can mold a better frame when thinking of the RB position. I dont think he had to add that weight to his frame(223 now). Mojo and Ray Rice get it done at around 210. If Martin was 210 I think he would clock a 4.4. Probably still will.
 Even though him and TRich are the same size, he is more explosive. Cab you imagine Richardson returning kicks? Well Martin did. Wish we can land him.

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

#99 : February 25, 2012, 10:50:19 PM

I'm pretty well sold on this guy if we can pick up a LG in free agency. 

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#100 : February 25, 2012, 11:37:13 PM

So if you don't believe he'll be there in the 2nd, do you think we should pick Richardson in the 1st? And if not, then who do you see as our RB solution this offseason? Other than Peyton Hillis who I know you're going to say....

considering I am anti Blount, I would have no problem with them taking Richardson in the 1st.   I really like Richardson.   Although Martin might not be there in the 2nd, he probably will.    I believe Claiborne is the best selection in the first for the Bucs.   But I want them to sign Hillis and get rid of Blount.

geetech84

Starter

#101 : February 25, 2012, 11:43:58 PM

considering I am anti Blount, I would have no problem with them taking Richardson in the 1st.   I really like Richardson.   Although Martin might not be there in the 2nd, he probably will.    I believe Claiborne is the best selection in the first for the Bucs.   But I want them to sign Hillis and get rid of Blount.

smh..you are crazy if you want Hillis over Blount..Blount hasn't had the chance,or haven't had the coaches who believe in him or knows how to use him...Blount will had a much better Career in the NFL then Hillis ..Mark my words...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#102 : February 26, 2012, 12:22:24 AM

He sure is a solid little **CENSORED**er.

Draft Aaron Donald

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#103 : February 26, 2012, 12:39:05 AM

I didn't see any mention of this, but Martin lead all RBs in the bench press. 28 reps. Good chance that would have beaten Richardson. I know you don't care about that stuff Jdub, but 28 reps is impressive. This kid is impressing scouts more and more, bye bye second round hopes for Martin.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#104 : February 26, 2012, 09:21:38 AM

I'd be ecstatic if we ended up with Martin in the second.

If we want a RB, IMO, we'll have to do it in the first or second round.  IMO, we'll be seeing a pretty big run of RBs going in the second round.  If we wait until the third round...we could miss out and have to settle again.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 38
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doug Martin « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools