Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doug Martin « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 38

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#45 : January 04, 2012, 07:34:06 PM

Doug Martin is an Ahmad Bradshaw / Ray Rice Clone. He's a guy that can do it all and step in from day one. He wouldn't just be a third down back. Blount would have to fight hard to stop him from becoming our feature back.

There are several solid RBs in this draft, but other than Richardson I don't believe there is a more all around back that is ready to go in the NFL. I'm hoping we go OL in the first, LB in the second, and can still grab Doug Martin in the third....sucks we have no 4th. We'll have to go CB shopping in FA.
: January 04, 2012, 07:35:39 PM JDouble

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#46 : January 04, 2012, 07:35:50 PM

Doug Martin is an Ahmad Bradshaw / Ray Rice Clone. He's a guy that can do it all and step in from day one. He wouldn't just be a third down back. Blount would have to fight hard to stop him from becoming our feature back.

There are several solid RBs in this draft, but other than Richardson I don't believe there is a more all around back that is ready to go in the NFL. I'm hoping we go OL in the first, LB in the second, and can still grab Doug Martin in the third....sucks we have no 4th.
Where you been, man? Board needs as many good posters as it can get

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#47 : January 04, 2012, 07:39:55 PM

Moved, then vacationed up north....just got settled in and finally got cable/internet back on.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#48 : January 04, 2012, 07:42:15 PM

He has that perfect body for RBs. He is one of those short guys north of 200 lbs. Sort of like a Ray Rice or Jones-Drew. The height makes his balance that much better. The weight packed on such a small frame makes them a load to tackle. I think this kid could be the next Ray Rice.

jvato24

Starter

#49 : January 04, 2012, 08:31:34 PM

I'm with you all day on this one Jdub   this guy is what the Bucs need in case he needs to carry the load. Lemichael James is too small if LGB went down

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#50 : January 04, 2012, 08:47:10 PM

Ahmad Bradshaw 2.0.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#51 : January 04, 2012, 08:49:04 PM

I'm on board with Martin as well......especially if he can be had in the 3rd.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#52 : January 04, 2012, 09:27:52 PM

I agree with Jdub on the Ray Rice comparison. I actually think he moves better. Star running backs certainly don't have come from the 1st round. Mcfadden, Mendenhall, and Forte were all drafted ahead of Ray Rice, and after Ray Rice was Jamaal Charles.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#53 : February 06, 2012, 09:17:10 PM

I can't wait to see people's reaction at the combine when they see Doug Martin and Trent Richardson side by side and realize they are the same exact size and build.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#54 : February 06, 2012, 09:20:52 PM

I'd like to get Martin in the third, but I think our better choice would be Jeffrey Demps if he is there in the third to be a real complement to Blount.
Jeff Demps gave up football lol

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#55 : February 06, 2012, 09:29:10 PM

Wow, that was pronto.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#56 : February 06, 2012, 09:46:11 PM

this thread just went into java territory.

lmao....and my daughter just asked why am i laughing so hard

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#57 : February 24, 2012, 07:52:13 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7426/player?r=1

Boise State RB Doug Martin measured 5-foot-9 1/4 and 223 pounds at Friday's NFL Combine weigh-in.
Whereas most players try to shed weight before the Combine in order to improve their forty times, Martin has taken the approach of trying to show teams that he's an every-down back. Martin is up four pounds from his Senior Bowl weigh-in. We still like his chances of running a 4.5-flat forty, or better. Feb 24 - 7:31 PM

jeanclaud

Starter

#58 : February 24, 2012, 09:27:30 PM

Great to see JDub beating the drum for this guy. He's my favorite RB in this draft by far. I think with Martin you have a similar "floor" as with Richardson but not the elite potential. Doug Martin reminds me alot of Matt Forte. Unless we are really smitten with Richardson or we make a move for a big name NFL RB, I would take Martin at the top of the 2nd round.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#59 : February 24, 2012, 09:29:08 PM

I've let it be known that I think the 40 is almost entirely pointless, but I have to say I am surprised to see that everyone expects Martin to be in the 4.5s. I really think he'll be in the mid to low 4.4s and I wonder what is going to happen to his stock if he does. I also wonder how Richardson not working out will effect Martin's, Miller's, and Wilson's stock. With no Richardson in the spotlight, I'm thinking some other RB will end up stealing the show and getting a huge bump to their stock. Of course I assume it will be Martin.

I'm really bummed that Richardson isn't doing the drills. I was looking forward to seeing Martin and Richardson side by side. Seeing as they are the same weight but Martin in 2" shorter.
: February 24, 2012, 09:31:26 PM JDouble

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 38
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doug Martin « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools