Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did Raheem Bench Black? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#15 : September 18, 2011, 04:51:51 PM

I thought Black was gonna step up this year, but man he has looked bad the first 2 games. Worse than any game last year IMO. He isn't reacting well to more responsibility and more time on the field. Missing tackles, not covering well, basically being a nonfactor. He definitely deserved a benching, injury or not.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 18, 2011, 04:54:28 PM

thank god he didn't come back...holy christ he was getting juked by TOBY G. are you kidding me!!! i will stick to my word like ive said earlier our best linebacker is Geno Hayes...he showed it today

If Geno is our best LB, we are in trouble.

-------------------------------------------------------

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 18, 2011, 04:57:02 PM

Well, ultimately it was either him or Ruud. I couldn't stomach another #51 soft, overpaid, and unathletic sighting. I think we made the best choice for the long term.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 18, 2011, 05:01:25 PM

Well, ultimately it was either him or Ruud. I couldn't stomach another #51 soft, overpaid, and unathletic sighting. I think we made the best choice for the long term.

I can't believe he is our team captain on defense. Definitely should have picked up Tulloch when we had the chance. Ugh!!

^^^^ This! I was definately on that bandwagon. Tulloch played very well for Detroit last week. 

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 18, 2011, 05:03:02 PM

Who the hell said we even needed to keep both of them?

We signed a lot of the Gruden/Allen trash holdovers and I can only say that Joseph and Trueblood played 2 good quarters out of the 8 so far. The rest have been atrocious.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 18, 2011, 05:07:59 PM

We signed a lot of the Gruden/Allen trash holdovers and I can only say that Joseph and Trueblood played 2 good quarters out of the 8 so far. The rest have been atrocious.

+1.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#21 : September 18, 2011, 05:11:34 PM

HolderStephen Stephen Holder
As for the play of Quincy Black he had an injury and didnt want to come out til Raheem pulled him. That explains a lot because he wasnt good

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 18, 2011, 05:12:04 PM

We didn't "need" to keep neither of them. Its just that Morris wanted to have at least one of them that knew the system. Keep in mind if we let both go and we try to fill 2 spots with 2 new guys its a bit risky. Detroit pulled it off with Tulloch and Durant something I was calling for.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 18, 2011, 05:22:17 PM

Yeah... the ole "leg injury"  SURE!!!

is he one of our "CORE" guys?  ;D

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 18, 2011, 05:53:32 PM

We didn't "need" to keep neither of them. Its just that Morris wanted to have at least one of them that knew the system. Keep in mind if we let both go and we try to fill 2 spots with 2 new guys its a bit risky. Detroit pulled it off with Tulloch and Durant something I was calling for.

Watson and Hayward both knew the system

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 18, 2011, 05:55:10 PM

Bucs should have signed Hayward first, then let the market settle the value of Black.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 18, 2011, 06:29:59 PM

I like Black on "special" teams.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 18, 2011, 06:31:41 PM

lol Well played.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : September 18, 2011, 09:56:17 PM

He did look horrible today. I hope the leg injury is real and not a BS story made up to hide the fact that they benched their over paid team captain.

Draft Aaron Donald

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : September 18, 2011, 10:12:07 PM

Once again, why did the Bucs pay so much for Black?  Did they think he was capable of splash playmaking?

He has been average at best, and mediocre for the most.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did Raheem Bench Black? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools