Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are You REALLY "Happy" with our WIN Today..........? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 18, 2011, 06:50:29 PM

Yep. I'm happy with our win today. Sure we need to improve in certain areas (like most teams)... but we won and thats what matters. GO BUCS!

donny77

Starter
#16 : September 18, 2011, 06:50:29 PM

I'm happy.  Not because I'm not hardcore, but because the last 30 minutes of the game I saw the offense I loved watching last year, and I saw a defense actually get pressure when it blitzed.  given the offseason, three bad quarters of football isn't the end of the world for a young team.  Now I want to see that carried over into the first half next week.  Then I'd be ecstatic.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 18, 2011, 06:56:17 PM

Yes, very impressive win.

From my perspective the Bucs outlasted their team, not only that, they actually won the game by taking chances. The environment was as loud as it could be, they were virtually outplayed in the first half, and hope was at an all-time low. To come back, in THAT particular place, with the deficit they had and the all the rookies they started.. sheesh, there aught to be a media frenzy going on right about now.

From what I can tell, it really wasn't the Vikings just "giving up the game", it was more about they didn't know what was hitting them. The playcalling got more risky, and for once Olsen let Blount continue to run. As Lynch kept saying throughout the game, the play action pass works wonders if the RB gets his carries. Olsen gets to keep his job this week imo.

Overall, I still think they should put more effort into gaining the lead earlier. I LOVE come from behind victories like this one, but Freesus sakes man, why does it have to be like that every single week? Still, gotta love that effort in the 2nd!

flaitguy

Starter
#18 : September 18, 2011, 06:57:12 PM

This was a huge win for 1 good reason: all the rookies now know they are always in a game. It will make these guys play with a new confidence.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 18, 2011, 07:03:20 PM

"Hellooo....."

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

blockade1

Rookie

#20 : September 18, 2011, 07:04:01 PM

I always thought that the hardcore fan is happy with a win while the casual fan wants to see splashy plays and win pretty.

I also look down the road and see our young team developing together and becoming a force to be respected, no feared and that makes me happy. I'm not concerned as much with win now with this team so when we do, that makes me happy. I've been through way too many under 6 win seasons  with this team to not be and if I'm a casual fan then I'm a pretty stupid one to stick with them from day one. I could have had much more "fun" with many other teams. To me, watching my Bucs is fun though it may not seem like it on game day.
Agree 100%.

jcarruth

Pro Bowler
#21 : September 18, 2011, 07:07:01 PM

Nope, not happy. Glad we got the win so we dont have to hear anything about 0-16 but in terms of the furure of the team i see the same averageish team out there that we have been since late 2009.

We cant do anything well or consistently except get behind early and pray to get yet another come from behind victory.

Coaches are clueless to figure it out and and I see no reason not to expect more of the same crappy play and mediocre results.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 18, 2011, 07:14:26 PM

So....  The wife and I watched the game today with a few others.  Like anyone else who watched the game, our emotions rose and fell with the Buc's successes and failures.

High fives all around as the comeback gained momentum, and finally.....  Victory...!!!  Hallelujah....!!!  Finally....!!!

And the crowd goes crazy....!!!

A few minutes later the wife asks me "Aren't you happy the Bucs won...?", and I say... "No.  We looked like **** today", to which she replies "You should just be happy the Bucs won..."
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This folks, is the difference between the "hard core" and "casual" fan.

While some of us might be elated to have our beloved Bucs "tied for first place in the division" with our WIN today (Yaaaay!), others - like myself, recognize that this team has serious issues with the guys making the calls for this team, and we look down the road, seeking solutions.  The rest of you get "the grin with the win"...

Is this team EVER prepared for any given game.......?

We come out, and get punched square in the mouth, and then hope we can wipe the blood away and get back in the fight.  For a change, I'd love to see Freeman & company come out and throw a couple of hay-makers, and knock an opponent the **** out.

Your wife is right.

I'm just as diehard as some of the other folks on here. And I'm enjoying this important, impressive comeback win all day long!

The issues with this team can be addressed on some other day. later this week. If you can't enjoy a win like this without stressing out about the other stuff, I feel sorry for you.

rikes

Starter

#23 : September 18, 2011, 07:19:48 PM

They played very well in the second half? Why wouldn't I be happy? YES, they played horrible first half and I wasn't too happy about their performance but when a team comes back from 17-0 and WINS the game... How can you not be happy?

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 18, 2011, 07:19:53 PM

Nope, not happy. Glad we got the win so we dont have to hear anything about 0-16 but in terms of the furure of the team i see the same averageish team out there that we have been since late 2009.

We cant do anything well or consistently except get behind early and pray to get yet another come from behind victory.

Coaches are clueless to figure it out and and I see no reason not to expect more of the same crappy play and mediocre results.

Shocker...

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 18, 2011, 07:21:00 PM

Some great takes, from BOTH sides of the fence (sit down Java) - gimme a few minutes to hit a few of 'em...!

The essence is...   " #*@% Yeah, we WON...!"

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#26 : September 18, 2011, 07:22:08 PM

It's a W, I don't care how the Bucs win as long as they win. Some people on here are way too picky, it's football the only thing that matters is the score at the end of the game. Doesn't matter how you get there, yeah I was pretty ticked off at the 1st half, but they won so that's all that matters.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

smove28

Starter

#27 : September 18, 2011, 07:23:43 PM

Of course I'm Happy

We could have always looked spectacular and lost :)

rikes

Starter

#28 : September 18, 2011, 07:24:06 PM

When the bucs got the ball back with 4 minutes to play, I looked over to my brother and said "Good coaching and play calling will get us a TD and win the game, meanwhile bad coaching/playcalling will lose the bucs the game" long behold the bucs put together an amazing drive and had very good clock management.

jaxbroderickbucs

Practice Squad

#29 : September 18, 2011, 07:24:58 PM

well last week we played a pretty good 4th....this week we play a pretty good second half......

CHEERS TO A GOOD FULL GAME NEXT WEEK AGAINST ATLANTA
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are You REALLY "Happy" with our WIN Today..........? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools