Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are You REALLY "Happy" with our WIN Today..........? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

acacius

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 18, 2011, 07:29:59 PM

I'm a hell of a lot happier with it than I would have been with a loss.  Would I be happier still if the team could learn how to play two halves of football?  Of course.  But things don't have to be broken down to a flat happy/not happy.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#31 : September 18, 2011, 07:42:39 PM

Some folks work too hard to find a black cloud in a sunny sky.  Feel bad for those folks. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 18, 2011, 07:45:05 PM

I am REALLY "Happy" with our WIN Today......... ... ... ... !

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 18, 2011, 07:53:37 PM

3rd Stinger....  Copy/Paste King...!   LMAO.

I'm happy with the win
I'm not happy with the first half performance

Yeah, I feel pretty much there too..

I probably should stay away from the boards for an hour before, and after a game.

Or take medication.

Or...  Nevermind.  If this becomes "the mother of all posts"...  Sorry.
Some people made some really good (or bad) points that really jumped out me, and I'd like to hit 'em all at once...!  ;)

I'm never happy with a win unless it is a blowout.
=/
Some people...
Not at all man...!  I'm talking about an "establish a lead, and then don't stop doing what got you there" mentallity that this team obviously does not have as of yet.

Happy with the second half... Not happy overall. No one should be. Until our team scores 14 in the 1st quarter against a good team we aren't where we need to be
The relevancy of the uniqueness of that particular stat is this:  If asked "Name 3 teams that can easily score 2 touchdowns in the first quarter..." , would the Bucs come to mind?

Exactly.  I want that to change too.

Im estastic we won.

ZERO offense intended (really), but...  Are you a woman?  lol   Because that is exactly what my wife said.......   "Well... I'm estastic we won."

I always thought that the hardcore fan is happy with a win while the casual fan wants to see splashy plays and win pretty.

I also look down the road and see our young team developing together and becoming a force to be respected, no feared and that makes me happy. I'm not concerned as much with win now with this team so when we do, that makes me happy. I've been through way too many under 6 win seasons  with this team to not be and if I'm a casual fan then I'm a pretty stupid one to stick with them from day one. I could have had much more "fun" with many other teams. To me, watching my Bucs is fun though it may not seem like it on game day.

Deserves an "/thread" Sir.
FWIW...  Never been real clear on the whole casual vs. hard-core fan arguement either.  Thought I figured it out with the wife today?  Like most, she was just thrilled to win.

It's a bottom Line Business! you don't get style points. Want improvement yes, but Definitely ENJOY the win!
Yeah, I'm "all business" with you on that , but...  NO TEAM is going to be successful with a season built on comebacks.  You always hope to get away with a win or two, here or there, but you're not gonna feed the kids doing it.

More of you to hit on.  BRB...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 18, 2011, 08:37:49 PM

Some folks work too hard to find a black cloud in a sunny sky.  Feel bad for those folks.

Yep. And make sure you're not ecstatic about the win because, apparently, that's a word that women use.  Who would have thought?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : September 18, 2011, 08:39:31 PM

Yep. And make sure you're not ecstatic about the win because, apparently, that's a word that women use.  Who would have thought?
Really - I had no idea - whose rule is that?  lol

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 18, 2011, 08:42:15 PM

I'm happy.  Not because I'm not hardcore, but because the last 30 minutes of the game I saw the offense I loved watching last year, and I saw a defense actually get pressure when it blitzed.  given the offseason, three bad quarters of football isn't the end of the world for a young team.  Now I want to see that carried over into the first half next week.  Then I'd be ecstatic.
Now that's what I'm talking about Donny...!  I know it's not "happening next weekend", but I can tell you this...  This defense has the potential to be good.  I think VERY GOOD.  Give Mason "The Technician" Foster a years growth, and he might be scary.  Of course, we need to see a lot more of him, and a lot more out of him before anyone's going to annoint the guy, but I think he's got real potential and a huge upside.

I want to see the same "carry-over" next week too.  Starting in the first half.

Yes, very impressive win.

From my perspective the Bucs outlasted their team, not only that, they actually won the game by taking chances. The environment was as loud as it could be, they were virtually outplayed in the first half, and hope was at an all-time low. To come back, in THAT particular place, with the deficit they had and the all the rookies they started.. sheesh, there aught to be a media frenzy going on right about now.

From what I can tell, it really wasn't the Vikings just "giving up the game", it was more about they didn't know what was hitting them. The playcalling got more risky, and for once Olsen let Blount continue to run. As Lynch kept saying throughout the game, the play action pass works wonders if the RB gets his carries. Olsen gets to keep his job this week imo.

Overall, I still think they should put more effort into gaining the lead earlier. I LOVE come from behind victories like this one, but Freesus sakes man, why does it have to be like that every single week? Still, gotta love that effort in the 2nd!

Definitely a "glass half full" kind of guy.  Not that that's a bad thing.  You're completely right on many things.

No "quit" in this team.  I like that...  The "chances" they have to take later in a game like this one, could be taken earlier.

Olson sticking with Blount was huge.  Loved it.  Without a running threat, the play-action is useless too.  win/win.

Yeah......... The 2nd half effort was impressive, obviously, but to think we'll even sniff the playoffs eeking out wins like this would be crazy.

This was a huge win for 1 good reason: all the rookies now know they are always in a game. It will make these guys play with a new confidence.
The importance of this statement can't be overstated...

Nope, not happy. Glad we got the win so we dont have to hear anything about 0-16 but in terms of the furure of the team i see the same averageish team out there that we have been since late 2009.
We cant do anything well or consistently except get behind early and pray to get yet another come from behind victory.
Coaches are clueless to figure it out and and I see no reason not to expect more of the same crappy play and mediocre results.
I guess we both need to "live in the moment more"...?  I don't really see it with a "they play like crap" mindset.  They DON'T.  We've got some ballers on this team, and I think there a few "hiden gems", yet to be revealed - but you got a tatse of one of them tonight...

The results are far from "mediocre" IMO.  They're as thrilling and exciting as they come.  The problem is that, although "you win some, you lose some", you don't want a steady diet of it.

I want an offense capable of putting up huge points.  It's the first time in my life we've had a realistic QB that could make that happen, so now I'm also impatient.

Your wife is right.

I'm just as diehard as some of the other folks on here. And I'm enjoying this important, impressive comeback win all day long!

The issues with this team can be addressed on some other day. later this week. If you can't enjoy a win like this without stressing out about the other stuff, I feel sorry for you.

No need to Joe...  The sun comes up for me the next day win, lose or draw.  Today, I enjoyed the hell out of a GREAT win, and Josh's legend grows...!!!

And I NEVER "stress" over anything Bucs...  Yeah, I'm opinionated about them, but that's where it ends.

Ya know...  "My issue" of contention with Olson, and my desire to see him ousted...  I question it, and second-guess myself every time he puts together a comeback of this magnitude!

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 18, 2011, 08:52:11 PM

1-1 is way better than an 0-2 hole..  That I think 9o% of teams dont make the playoffs with that kinda of a start..  first half really bad second half more of what I expected from this 2010 squad....

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 18, 2011, 08:53:30 PM

It's a W, I don't care how the Bucs win as long as they win. Some people on here are way too picky, it's football the only thing that matters is the score at the end of the game. Doesn't matter how you get there, yeah I was pretty ticked off at the 1st half, but they won so that's all that matters.
Thanks dear...  Oh yeah... Grab me another beer please.

j/k man.

Of couse "it matters how you get there"...

Are you familiar with the term "limping into the playoffs"...?  These are the "almost good enoughs" of the league.  Think last years Seahawks at 7-9.  Were they a playoff yeam?  Sure.........     Did they suck?  Of course.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#39 : September 18, 2011, 08:54:17 PM

Now that's what I'm talking about Donny...!  I know it's not "happening next weekend", but I can tell you this...  This defense has the potential to be good.  I think VERY GOOD.  Give Mason "The Technician" Foster a years growth, and he might be scary.  Of course, we need to see a lot more of him, and a lot more out of him before anyone's going to annoint the guy, but I think he's got real potential and a huge upside.

I want to see the same "carry-over" next week too.  Starting in the first half.

This might be the disconnect. Even those of us who are happy with the win want to see that. They are not mutually exclusive thoughts. The NFL right now is probably the most competitive league out there and parity is not just a buzzword. Any win in the NFL is a good win and if a team forgets this, they will likely lose.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 18, 2011, 08:55:59 PM

When the bucs got the ball back with 4 minutes to play, I looked over to my brother and said "Good coaching and play calling will get us a TD and win the game, meanwhile bad coaching/playcalling will lose the bucs the game" long behold the bucs put together an amazing drive and had very good clock management.

Thought the exact same thing...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 18, 2011, 08:56:20 PM

You never stress out over anything Bucs? Hell, I'm stressed throughout many Bucs games, like today. And when it gets later in the season, I'll stress before the games and during.

But once we win, no matter how we win, I enjoy it for a bit. Otherwise, why watch?

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#42 : September 18, 2011, 08:57:00 PM

It's a W, I don't care how the Bucs win as long as they win. Some people on here are way too picky, it's football the only thing that matters is the score at the end of the game. Doesn't matter how you get there, yeah I was pretty ticked off at the 1st half, but they won so that's all that matters.
Thanks dear...  Oh yeah... Grab me another beer please.

j/k man.

Of couse "it matters how you get there"...

Are you familiar with the term "limping into the playoffs"...?  These are the "almost good enoughs" of the league.  Think last years Seahawks at 7-9.  Were they a playoff yeam?  Sure.........     Did they suck?  Of course.

Exactly. Just like Green Bay who also limped into the playoffs. How'd that work out for them again anyway?

The fact that the almost good enough Seahawks beat the Saints just reinforces my point about parity.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 18, 2011, 08:58:32 PM

I usually care about how we win, But with the youngest team in the league, I'm OK with the Ws no matter what. Eventually, we'll expect more. But not yet. Well, except for the starts. Have to fix that, young or not.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#44 : September 18, 2011, 08:59:11 PM

When the bucs got the ball back with 4 minutes to play, I looked over to my brother and said "Good coaching and play calling will get us a TD and win the game, meanwhile bad coaching/playcalling will lose the bucs the game" long behold the bucs put together an amazing drive and had very good clock management.

Thought the exact same thing...

I've got to admit. I fully expected us to play for the field goal like this team has done over and over throughout the years and it thrilled the heck out of me to see is go for the win.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are You REALLY "Happy" with our WIN Today..........? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools