Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Freeman really wants to be elite... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucinsouthFL

Starter

: September 18, 2011, 09:30:44 PM

I am one of Free's biggest fans....and idk if it has more to do with olsen...but he really needs to start taking more shots down field early in games. I'm not asking him to become Farve or Cutler, but he needs to take more shots early in games. How he responded to that TERRIBLE pick was amazing. Not many guys have a mind like Freeman. Put yourself in that situation

After an AMAZING onside kick...and your offense is running full speed right down the field after a whole half of terrible play and your throw a pic at the worst possible time...instead of worrying and getting too down or panicking..he drives right back down the field.  With an attitude like that...idk about you guys but I really think he can afford to take more risks.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 18, 2011, 09:34:16 PM

It's definitely on Olson, but it's also on the offensive line. In neither of our two games would Freeman have ever had the time to throw deep. The line obviously deserves a lot of blame there, but Olson does as well for not shaking up the playbook and forcing teams to think twice about bringing pressure early.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 18, 2011, 09:41:14 PM

I just think if Freeman has all that confidence to come back like he can, he shouldnt be afraid to take some risks early in the game.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 18, 2011, 09:43:24 PM

I think it's mostly on the playcalling and O-Line. I still think we should let Freeman be what he is, a Free man when it comes to taking some shots downfield.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#4 : September 18, 2011, 09:44:19 PM

I don't understand why we seemingly never throw past the sticks on 3rd and 10. It's not like it's 3rd and 25, throw the damn ball past the sticks!

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 18, 2011, 09:47:20 PM

I don't understand why we seemingly never throw past the sticks on 3rd and 10. It's not like it's 3rd and 25, throw the damn ball past the sticks!
Ah, freakin' men!

Jesus, those little dump offs to Graham don't do a damn thing.

Borat!

Starter

#6 : September 18, 2011, 09:49:05 PM

Sometimes we forget, but Freeman is only 23 years old. He still is young and is no where near his potential yet. Hell, he will be the age of some rookies next year....

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#7 : September 18, 2011, 09:56:25 PM

Most plays have at least one route going deep....it's on Freeman if he doesn't throw it to them. Though i'm sure he usually has a good reason, no matter how frustrating that may be to us.

His biggest problem is that he doesn't see the defense well at all when taking snaps from under center. 2 notable occasions today were the first play of the game(a sack) and the INT in the end zone. If he can only throw effectively from shotgun and with play action, that limits what the offense can really do. If we're in shotgun, then Blount goes off the field and we become one-dimensional. If we depend too heavily on play action, then the offense is completely stagnant when we can't run the ball and work off of the PA fakes and bootlegs(like we saw in the first half today). He has to get better.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 18, 2011, 10:04:29 PM

I hardly think him taking shots downfield deep early, is a way to seperate himself from being good, to being elite.

JMO of course.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 18, 2011, 10:55:59 PM

...but he really needs to start taking more shots down field early in games.

I just think if Freeman has all that confidence to come back like he can, he shouldnt be afraid to take some risks early in the game.

I think it's mostly on the playcalling and O-Line. I still think we should let Freeman be what he is, a Free man when it comes to taking some shots downfield.

Most plays have at least one route going deep....it's on Freeman if he doesn't throw it to them. Though i'm sure he usually has a good reason, no matter how frustrating that may be to us.

Yes, most plays "having a man running deep", but that is not always a "pass route"...  Sometimes he's simply running a DB deep to negate his chances to make a play, or keeping a safety host to open up a sem pattern.

I hardly think him taking shots downfield deep early, is a way to seperate himself from being good, to being elite.

JMO of course.
And as usual, your opinion stinks like a skunks **CENSORED**...

He can NEVER become known or feared as a "deep threat" if he doesn't connect on deep plays occasionaly.  Yeah...  I'm being idiotic.  How would becoming a deep threat help the guy become elite....?

Finky...  I swear you could ruin a wet dream.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 18, 2011, 11:01:08 PM

You cannot seriously be this stupid can you?

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 18, 2011, 11:05:14 PM

You cannot seriously be this stupid can you?

Wait...  Are you asking "am I stupid, while being serious", or "am I being stupid, although serious"...?

Click... I get it.....!  I'm "stupid" because you can obviously kill a wet dream...  Duh!
: September 18, 2011, 11:07:47 PM BucsFTW

jeanclaud

Starter

#12 : September 18, 2011, 11:42:15 PM

I can't really comment on the playcalling or Free's decision making because frankly we don't know which one is to blame for the lack of downfield plays. One thing that did kill me was Free's decision on the interception. M Williams is singled on the outside but instead of throwing the fade which we know Mike can go get, he pumps that way and goes back to the middle for the pick. It's no time to be gun shy. Go get it.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#13 : September 19, 2011, 01:25:41 AM

Its not always about taking shots, but actually getting into the flow early. We seem to have way too many plays like someone else mentioned completed behind the first down marker on 3rd down.  Sometimes it seems like Freeman doesn't know how to play until its crunch time and he just lets it go. I wish he played like that all the time.

rikes

Starter

#14 : September 19, 2011, 03:44:29 AM

He certainly showed it during the 2nd half. I wish Olsen would let him loose from the get-go.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Freeman really wants to be elite... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools