Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Biggest worries among division fans « previous next »
Page: 1

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

: June 02, 2014, 09:36:01 AM

Obviously for the Bucs, it's the health of G Carl Nicks.

For the Falcons, no doubt the health of Julio Jones.  http://espn.go.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/5871/robiskie-cautiously-optimistic-about-jones

Panthers, it's lack of WRs.

Saints may be loss of Darren Sproles.

Mayhem

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 02, 2014, 09:46:12 AM

Buc's fans worry about Nicks? He's a lost cause and fans have long given up on him. The biggest worry would be the OIine IMHO.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 02, 2014, 10:53:34 AM

I can't say that I'm worried about the health of Carl, I'm just not counting on him at all. If he comes back and plays, that's just a nice bonus.

Examining my feelings, I can't really say that I'm worried about anything yet, we have too many changes and I haven't yet seen anything yet on the field to worry about. Yes, there appears to still be some depth issues, guard the most obvious. But at the same time, we have a lot of experience in the coaching staff and I have no idea what their current comfort level is with the current roster.

So mostly, I'm just curious and a bit excited. I'm not expecting a 12 win season, but I think the coaching staff can get the team to play competitively, something I quickly lost faith in the last staff as early as the pre-season. At least that's my take.

The Panthers have worries about WR's and offensive tackles (of which they have none) as well as issues in the secondary. If the Panthers can pull together a winning season, then their coaching staff will have to be miracle workers. However, there will be some more June cuts and I just read that they got some more cap space, so they could still grab some players that could help them this year.

I agree that Falcon's biggest worry right now is probably Jones, but if I'm a Falcon fan, I'd be worried that they didn't do enough to challenge the Saints with a roster that is growing older. 

And as far as the Saints, I think the pickup of Cooks pretty much set the worries about Sproles being lost to rest. About the only worry I think any of their fans might have is that the Bucs and Falcon's probably are going to be tougher games than last season, but that's probably it. I'm pretty sure they are expecting a 12 win season.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 02, 2014, 11:03:04 AM

Yea I consider Nicks done. I don't even see how they can bring him to camp because if he gets re-injured they would have to pay him his $7M base salary.

Biggest worry is QB and pass rush.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Biggest worries among division fans « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools