Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When teams respect the pass is when Blount thrives.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

jbr18

Second String

: September 18, 2011, 11:26:24 PM

No more putting Blount in running only plays. Way too predictable. Yeah I inderstand hes not an elite pass blocker or doesnt fully recognize his assignments blah blah, we as a team needs him as a decoy. Teams obviously respect his running game. Did you see the play action with him and how the whole D bit?? Leaving Blount in during passing downs keeps the D loyal. Does anyone disagree?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 19, 2011, 06:55:59 AM

I don't disagree Blount needs to be in more on passing downs, but he didn't have many problems playing on only running downs last season. You don't need the threat of the pass to run the ball, you need offensive linemen kicking a$$ and it took a little while for the Bucs to start doing that this season.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bucshot420

Starter

#2 : September 19, 2011, 07:03:46 AM

As much as I love Graham, he is best served to be used sparingly.  What I think we need to do is get Blount some experience in the no huddle so that we can start using it earlier in the game to keep teams on their heels as he is a threat on the draw, sweep or catching passes out of the backfield

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#3 : September 19, 2011, 07:10:28 AM

No more putting Blount in running only plays. Way too predictable. Yeah I inderstand hes not an elite pass blocker or doesnt fully recognize his assignments blah blah, we as a team needs him as a decoy. Teams obviously respect his running game. Did you see the play action with him and how the whole D bit?? Leaving Blount in during passing downs keeps the D loyal. Does anyone disagree?

I agree w/ you. This idea of running Blount first isn't going to work - as shown against Detroit and the first half of the Viking's game.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 19, 2011, 07:44:32 AM

Blount is a crap back if he doesn't have a hole open into the secondary to run through.    Has he ever broken a tackle of a lineman or linebacker?    He preys on the small secondary guys, but he doesn't seem very tough when he goes against the big guys.   Alstott was smaller than Blount, but he was tougher.    The Bucs need to get the defense on their heels with the passing game before Blount can be worth a crap.   He's just not a good enough back to make things happen on his own.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 19, 2011, 08:05:51 AM

As much as I love Graham, he is best served to be used sparingly.  What I think we need to do is get Blount some experience in the no huddle so that we can start using it earlier in the game to keep teams on their heels as he is a threat on the draw, sweep or catching passes out of the backfield

He's a good multipurpose back - he had a couple of nice catches up the middle like Caddy used to get - it was nice seeing Graham contribute like we know he can.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 19, 2011, 08:08:05 AM

Blount is the best RB the Bucs have had in the last decade, and nobody but the anal Java gives two sh!ts about a post game incident with a player from Boise State. That player gets to watch Blount get rich and play professional football on tv. Blount lost more money by going undrafted, than that guy will earn in a lifetime, even including Java's earnings. Blount has been a model citizen since joining the Bucs. He was a great pickup for the Bucs, possibly even better than Alstott.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 19, 2011, 08:10:32 AM

Who do you think sold more tickets by attracting more fans?   Mike Alstott or LeGarrette Blount?   

Alstott wins that one by about 1,000 to 1.

C2asante

Starter

#8 : September 19, 2011, 08:13:53 AM

Blount is a crap back if he doesn't have a hole open into the secondary to run through.    Has he ever broken a tackle of a lineman or linebacker?    He preys on the small secondary guys, but he doesn't seem very tough when he goes against the big guys.   Alstott was smaller than Blount, but he was tougher.    The Bucs need to get the defense on their heels with the passing game before Blount can be worth a crap.   He's just not a good enough back to make things happen on his own.

Up there with your all time dumbest and for you that is elite level dumbness

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 19, 2011, 08:21:23 AM

Do you even watch the games? Blount constantly gets hit in the backfield. Just about everyone of his runs only happens because he sheds a would be tackler in the backfield before breaking into the secondary. He's not a Jerome Bettis or Mike Alstott road grader type of runner. You are comparing apples and oranges. It's like saying Michael Turner sucks because he isn't fast like Chris Johnson. Besides, it is a RBs job to find the hole and run thru it....duh. One would think as a Bucs fan you would already know that and it wouldn't need to be explained. You are truly clueless.

PFF had Blount ranked the highest in the league last year in elusiveness rating system. Let's count the times he makes a LB or DE miss or just runs them over...shall we?

Draft Aaron Donald

bucshot420

Starter

#10 : September 19, 2011, 08:22:00 AM

Who do you think sold more tickets by attracting more fans?   Mike Alstott or LeGarrette Blount?   

Alstott wins that one by about 1,000 to 1.

Let's compare when Blount calls it a career.  At this point easily Alstott because he had time to establish his legacy.  Comparing the two after their first seasons whoever I believe it would be about a draw.  As good as Alstott was his rookie year, Blount was equally if not more impressive. 

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 19, 2011, 08:31:37 AM

We need to use Blount more on third downs to make things less obvious. Another note, we need to PASS to set-up the run. 1st half they stacked the box and 2nd half came we were running play action all day and it opened everything up. We should come out the game throwing the ball from PA. Teams fear the BLOUNT.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 19, 2011, 08:36:54 AM

I do agree we need to set up the run with the pass though. We need to come out throwing and find success in the passing game and THEN start running Blount.

Draft Aaron Donald

shawn731

Starter

#13 : September 19, 2011, 08:38:41 AM

Blounts biggest effect on a team is he wears a defense down.  And then to top it off he is very athletic that he hurdles would be defenders when they least expect it.  I really think they need to stick him in there no matter what.  Because his affect on the opposing teams defense makes a huge difference when compared to anyone else back there..

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 19, 2011, 09:00:38 AM

I'm really happy with how Blount played yesterday, but I highly doubt he would have been as effective with the Williams Wall on the field. The Bucs do need to be come at least a little less predictable in their run calls for Blount to be effective against good run defenses.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When teams respect the pass is when Blount thrives.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools