Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams TD catch that was called back because of illegal shift « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : September 20, 2011, 04:47:54 PM

I'm thinking not many people saw this play.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 20, 2011, 04:54:49 PM

i was so pissed about that penalty. Almost threw something at the TV then we kicked the FG and I was like OK lets stop them on defense now and get the damn ball back!!!

I saw it all the way so I knew it was coming back.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 20, 2011, 05:04:56 PM

Stupid, yes.  But it was the right call.  Three guys motioned on that play and Benn (I believe) did not come close to resetting the full second.

It was the right call, but what they got us for were "TWO players in motion at the same time".

And if you watch it again, you'll see they could have actually called it TWICE on the same play.  Both the receiver, and the running back.  After that, Benn also did not get reset as well, but the whole play was a MCF, with the exception of the catch of course.  Talk about "high pointing" a football...  Perfection.
: September 20, 2011, 05:13:24 PM BucsFTW

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 20, 2011, 05:07:21 PM

lolmotion.

Can it be ditched please?

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 20, 2011, 05:16:00 PM

lolmotion.

Can it be ditched please?

It was actually "Tow players"...  But thanks man.  There's a "spell check", but we'll all be happier when they create "stupid check".

FreeWill

Starter

#20 : September 20, 2011, 05:28:55 PM

Anybody happen to have video of that play?  That catch was even better then last weeks.  Williams has some of the best sideline footwork in the league.

Ask and you shall receive.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 20, 2011, 05:31:37 PM

Freewill...

You rock man.

FreeWill

Starter

#22 : September 20, 2011, 05:54:33 PM

Haha, I figured it was worthy of uploading. The world need's to see Mike's greatness!

BTW, are there any video editors out there who can tell me how to change the video resolution so it fills the screen? Thanks.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 20, 2011, 06:14:08 PM

That one play caused me to lose in my fantasy league this week.   Williams killed me.   I lost by one point.

lol it killed me too, I have him in 2 leagues.

FreeWill

Starter

#24 : September 21, 2011, 12:35:18 PM

bump. hoping someone can help me.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 21, 2011, 01:36:03 PM

Stupid, yes.  But it was the right call.  Three guys motioned on that play and Benn (I believe) did not come close to resetting the full second.

It was the right call, but what they got us for were "TWO players in motion at the same time".

And if you watch it again, you'll see they could have actually called it TWICE on the same play.  Both the receiver, and the running back.  After that, Benn also did not get reset as well, but the whole play was a MCF, with the exception of the catch of course.  Talk about "high pointing" a football...  Perfection.

More than one player can shift. Only one can be in motion. The problem was that the Bucs wanted to shift and then run a man in motion. The first shift was good. On the second shift, Graham never was full set, so when Benn went in motion it was looked at as another shift from which both players had to reset. I don't know whether Benn moved to early or Freeman didn't wait until Graham was set to signal the motion but that was the problem. Had Graham set and then Benn gone in motion, the play would have been good.

After looking at the replay posted above...I'd say it was Freeman who screwed up as he was looking right at them.
: September 21, 2011, 01:39:32 PM ryan24

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 21, 2011, 03:52:53 PM

Benn moved too early. Graham wasn't set before Benn got in motion. Gotta pay attention to the fine detail.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams TD catch that was called back because of illegal shift « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools