Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: what' the deal with Tjax? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 20, 2011, 10:05:27 AM

If he does get reinstated who do he replace?

Sure Jones makes some mistakes during the games but he also has some great plays. And Grimm is good against the run, but its like hes not on the field when the other team is passing.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 20, 2011, 10:23:39 AM

If Talib is not suspended then Tanard shouldn't be either imo. Tanard got in trouble with drugs of some kind, Talib it was violent crime(s).

Personally, I care less about drug useage than I do violent crimes. Imo, Tanard has done more than his fair share of "time."

Tanard failed a drug test and his situation was resolved the second the tests came back......... Talibs charges wont be resolved until March or later. Seems pretty simple and logical as to why one is suspended and the other isnt.

Tanard has done his fair share of time, but it was his second offense. A third and hes done all together. Talibs incedents have been without convictions of any sort so far.

kind of like the world outside of football, a convicted drug offender is considered worse than a person with charges of violence. Thats why there are people sitting in jail for pot while you have convicted sex offenders and people convicted of domestic violence serving little to no jail time while the pot head gets years.

Or why you have a guy running an organized crime ring, illegal gambling operation, and abuse of animals getting 20 months while a guy busted for 2 lbs of marijuana gets 5 years.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 20, 2011, 10:59:16 AM

If he does get reinstated who do he replace?

Sure Jones makes some mistakes during the games but he also has some great plays. And Grimm is good against the run, but its like hes not on the field when the other team is passing.

Roster spot- probably Holland
Starting spot- Grimm

yungry bucs

Second String

#18 : September 20, 2011, 11:17:28 AM

TJax will definately be back in time for the colts game so he can lay out mr. dallas clark again.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#19 : September 20, 2011, 11:22:40 AM

TJax will definately be back in time for the colts game so he can lay out mr. dallas clark again.

yesssss!!! that has to be a top 5 hit in bucs history...the other 4 a obviously by J.Lynch....lmao

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#20 : September 20, 2011, 11:28:15 AM

i doubt it if he does it would be very limited

jlr0714

Starter
#21 : September 20, 2011, 03:06:56 PM

Looking forward to getting T-Jax back.   The guy is a ball hawk and hits like a brick.   While I appreciate that pot is illegal, it seems stupid to suspend players for that....it's not a performance enhancing drug, and I don't understand why the NFL thinks they need to seek out reasons to legislate morality.   TJ didn't get arrested for pot....he got caught on a NFL drug test.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 20, 2011, 03:08:23 PM

TJax will definately be back in time for the colts game

Link??

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

bucshot420

Starter

#23 : September 20, 2011, 07:21:41 PM

Looking forward to getting T-Jax back.   The guy is a ball hawk and hits like a brick.   While I appreciate that pot is illegal, it seems stupid to suspend players for that....it's not a performance enhancing drug, and I don't understand why the NFL thinks they need to seek out reasons to legislate morality.   TJ didn't get arrested for pot....he got caught on a NFL drug test.

While I agree with you on this statement.  The same question not only applies to the NFL but jobs in general.  Why do they feel the need to probe into the personal lives of their employees?  At the same time every single player in the league knows about this policy and in signing a contract with the team also signs off on this policy.  I kinda feel the same way about players that holdout for higher contracts.  You agreed to X amount over X number of years.  If you don't like what you are getting paid then finish out your contract and take the highest offer that comes in.  If you don't like the process try getting a job in the real world making 10's of thousands to millions less.  Maybe if more had to do this they'd appreciate what they were making instead of b!thching about their multi-million dollar contracts.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 20, 2011, 07:30:17 PM

Tjax missed alot of tackles when he came back last time. Im putting some of that blame on his front 7. Tanard has never had this much talent playing in front of him. Runningbacks hit the whole and immediately its just the rb and tanard jackson in open field.
 Also Raheem is calling the shots. If he is dialing up blitzes with sean jones, you better believe Rah has some things in mind for Tanard. 

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 20, 2011, 07:34:26 PM

Tanard has done his fair share of time, but it was his second offense. A third and hes done all together. Talibs incedents have been without convictions of any sort so far.

T-jax has had at least 3 offenses. The first one and you get put in the NFL drug program. The 2nd and you get suspended. The 3rd and you get suspended. If you FAIL stage 3 of the drug program, you are banished from the league for at least one year.

http://bizoffootball.com/docs/2008SubstancesofAbusePolicyFINAL.pdf

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 20, 2011, 09:47:10 PM

Tanard has done his fair share of time, but it was his second offense. A third and hes done all together. .

Not necessarily true. A player in stage three of the Drug Treatment Program (which Jackson is) and violates gets a year's suspension and can ask to be reinstated. He can be refused or the suspension extended. The penalty (including the current one for Tjax) is for a "minimum of one year". There is no "death penalty" outlined in the discipline portion of the policy and the player can ask for reinstatement after each violation during stage three....which the player can never leave...unlike stage one and two. The assumption has always been it would be a permanent ban and ultimately that could be true but it's not part of the policy.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 20, 2011, 09:58:16 PM

yesssss!!! that has to be a top 5 hit in bucs history...the other 4 a obviously by J.Lynch....lmao

http://www.bucscentral.com/opinion/the-filthy-five-the-5-hardest-hits-in-buccaneer-history-that-i-could-find-on-youtube

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#28 : September 21, 2011, 11:50:39 AM

TODD WASHINGTON?who ever the hell he was or is but  holy *hit what a collision

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#29 : September 21, 2011, 11:54:40 AM

http://www.bucscentral.com/opinion/the-filthy-five-the-5-hardest-hits-in-buccaneer-history-that-i-could-find-on-youtube

I think the Will Allen hit on Steve Smith has to be top 5 as well.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: what' the deal with Tjax? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools