Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are the "We shoulda kept Cadillac" threads??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 20, 2011, 07:38:29 AM

The Rams O-line couldn't block to save their life and it's Caddy's fault? Nobody could have ran that ball tonight. The Rams O-line was awful...

That's what we were saying last year in his defense until Blount churned out a 1,000 yards and a 5.0 average behind that very same line.

Don't get me wrong, I like Caddy and I think he is a much better 3rd down back than Graham.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 20, 2011, 07:47:06 AM

Who on this message board was suggesting that we start Caddy at any point this season?

Just wondering.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 20, 2011, 08:52:04 AM

He had a good rookie season - did you not like his 1,000 yds, 6 TDs?

From a 2nd, 3rd round pick..... absolutely!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 20, 2011, 08:58:02 AM

It's ridiculous how many people ignore the FACTS and blame Carnell's knee injuries and offensive lines for his career.  The FACT is, he was the same back post-injury as he was pre-injury.  The FACT is that, all through his career, his replacements have averaged more yards per carry behind the same offensive line.  The FACT is, bashing a horrible football player has nothing to do with hating Jon Gruden; if we hadn't've selected Carnell at five, he's gone in the next few picks.  Easy.  It wasn't a bad decision by Gruden, just unfortunate luck.

And Cadillac's knee injuries didn't hurt his career, they extended it.  If he was healthy and averaging 3.8 yards per carry, he would've been relegated to second string or straight-up cut after year four.
: September 20, 2011, 09:00:20 AM Blaze688

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 20, 2011, 08:59:02 AM

The FACT is, he was the same back post-injury as he was pre-injury. 

Wrong.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 20, 2011, 09:07:20 AM

The FACT is, he was the same back post-injury as he was pre-injury. 

Wrong.

I actually argue with numbers, and not abstract accusations.

Cadillac Williams pre-injury: 32 games, 569 carries, 2184 yards, 3.8 YPA, 10 touchdowns
Cadillac Williams post-inury: 32 games, 336 carries, 1260 yards, 3.75 YPA 10 touchdowns

(That excludes the brief period after the first blowout, and before the second, where he averaged 3.7 YPA.)

Outside of his first three games -- and a handful here-and-there -- Cadillac was one of the worst starters in the NFL, knee injury or not.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 20, 2011, 09:13:03 AM

I actually argue with numbers, and not abstract accusations.

Cadillac Williams pre-injury: 32 games, 569 carries, 2184 yards, 3.8 YPA, 10 touchdowns
Cadillac Williams post-inury: 32 games, 336 carries, 1260 yards, 3.75 YPA 10 touchdowns

(That excludes the brief period after the first blowout, and before the second, where he averaged 3.7 YPA.)

Outside of his first three games -- and a handful here-and-there -- Cadillac was one of the worst starters in the NFL, knee injury or not.

pretty definitive.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#37 : September 20, 2011, 09:14:04 AM

The Rams O-line couldn't block to save their life and it's Caddy's fault? Nobody could have ran that ball tonight. The Rams O-line was awful...

the irony here is amazing.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#38 : September 20, 2011, 09:19:07 AM

I was thinking we missed Cadillac a bit week 1 against Detroit, and that maybe he could have done a bit more with the draws and screens Graham was getting, but Graham made some really impressive catches and blitz pickups against Minnesota.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 20, 2011, 09:19:47 AM

I could care less about Caddy for two reasons.

1. Blount.
2. We don't have to worry about him popping out another knee and being unable to play.

I do hope he carves out a living over there. Good guy. Competitively though, I'm glad he's gone.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 20, 2011, 09:58:19 AM

we need to draft  a change of pace back to pair with blount.  I wanted Kendall Hunter or Rogers in the draft.  Graham is a JAG and Lumpkin is lucky he is on the roster.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 20, 2011, 10:02:22 AM

the irony here is amazing.
No irony at all. I think the consensus would be if the Bucs offensive line isn't blocking, no one is getting yards without doing it themself, and if the offensive line is blocking, anyone an take what is there.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#42 : September 20, 2011, 10:18:48 AM

and we dont see the irony?  lets not knock graham for not having holes to run through while giving caddy a pass.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 20, 2011, 10:22:57 AM

I believe most people who were in favor of not re-signing Williams view him and Graham as similar players. Graham just happened to still be under contract.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#44 : September 20, 2011, 10:25:32 AM

I was thinking we missed Cadillac a bit week 1 against Detroit, and that maybe he could have done a bit more with the draws and screens Graham was getting, but Graham made some really impressive catches and blitz pickups against Minnesota.

I agree. Freeman wished he had him in the backfield blocking as well. A lot of the 10-6 success last season was because of Cadillac, imo.   I think Josh will learn now to play without having Caddy watching his back.  I'm happy to see Graham get in there as he did against the Vikings. But putting so much emphasis on Blount isn't going to work - we need a good passing game for Blount to be dangerous, imo.

Continuing to throw Caddy under the bus is ridiculous. The teams and QBs that he had to play with were pretty bad other than 2005 and 2010.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are the "We shoulda kept Cadillac" threads??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools