Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LB Prospect Miles Burris San Diego State « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: September 20, 2011, 07:08:36 AM

http://youtu.be/RtlONCH8jPA

A 6-foot-2 235 outside linebacker who shows good change of direction, flexibility, tackling, pass rush, uses hands well and a burst when closing on ball carriers.
: September 20, 2011, 07:19:57 AM yuccaneers

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 20, 2011, 08:29:19 AM

I like this kid too yuc! He seems to have good instincts, great quickness, and the ability to see the lane before it opens and shoot into the backfield unblocked. Not sure about his coverage ability yet, but I'm watching his games this year.

Another dark horse later round LB I really like is Ronnell Lewis. Dude is a freakish athlete and likes to knock people into next week.

I love some of the first round LB prospects like Burfict, Teo, and Kuechly, but I assume we will go O-line in the first next year....so I'm looking at later round LBs. There are quite a few I like at this point, but Burris is up there for me. Kid is exciting.

Draft Aaron Donald

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 20, 2011, 10:12:33 AM

JDub - I think Lewis might end up shooting up draft boards as the season goes on - especially if he continues with his current level of play.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 20, 2011, 10:30:22 AM

Burfict or Teo in the fist for me

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 20, 2011, 11:07:43 AM

JDub - I think Lewis might end up shooting up draft boards as the season goes on - especially if he continues with his current level of play.

Yeah I can see his stock rising, but there are already 6 or more LBs that could get 1st round grades. With the draft being so top heavy at Linebacker, there should be some solid guys still there in the 2nd and 3rd. When you only count true LBs  (not the DEs that get drafted to be 3-4 OLBs) the average amount of true linebackers taken in the first round since 2000 is 2.3. With Vontaze Burfict, Manti Teo, Courtney Upshaw, Donta Hightower, Luke Kuechly, Travis Lewis, and Zach Brown likely being ranked so high....there should be several stud LBs in the 2nd and 3rd round.

Could happen though. Last year Mason Foster and Nate Irving started off at late round picks and shot up the boards right before draft time. Never know.

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LB Prospect Miles Burris San Diego State « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools