Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: a thing of beauty... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

gillen033

Starter

#15 : September 20, 2011, 12:00:01 PM

You have to realize it's a double edged sword. What happens if we go three and out running the no huddle? Our defense is right back on the field. With the way the defense is spending a lot of time on the field as is, I don't think they want to take a chance reducing their rest time any more than it already is.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#16 : September 20, 2011, 12:06:39 PM

You have to realize it's a double edged sword. What happens if we go three and out running the no huddle? Our defense is right back on the field. With the way the defense is spending a lot of time on the field as is, I don't think they want to take a chance reducing their rest time any more than it already is.

see that i understand its a catch 22...but it goes both ways..when we come out in our regular extra slow pace offense ..we end up being down most of the times..then we have to play catch up..fortunate for us we have Freeman but i just suggested we try it..cant be any worse then how we start now

tanardtokerjackson

Second String

#17 : September 20, 2011, 12:08:24 PM

I don't think our WRs win enough 1 on 1s to use no huddle effectively. 

jlr0714

Starter
#18 : September 20, 2011, 02:48:14 PM

I'm thinking folks are using the 'no-huddle' as a synonym for non-stop passing.   What I would like to see is a more up-tempo offense...get to the line of scrimmage and force the defense to react to you quickly...there's no reason that Blount can't play in a hurry up that is still designed to afford a good blend of running & passing.   Our offense in the first half appears plodding and too methodical...while the
potential exists that we could 'hurry up' into a 3 and out...right now we're seeing way too many 3&outs anyway....so mixing it up and creating a little more tempo might at least allow us to establish a few longer drives.   Two games in, what we're doing in the first half isn't working....and what we're doing in the second half is.    Seems it makes little sense to keep doing what isn't working.....
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: a thing of beauty... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools