Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Good thing we're starting at 4 because we don't get started until 3:30 anyway" « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: September 21, 2011, 11:23:25 PM

Bucs want to start fast Sunday against Falcons

By IRA KAUFMAN | The Tampa Tribune
Published: September 21, 2011

TAMPA --

Mike Williams realized the issue at hand Wednesday.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers' second-year receiver knew he was going to be asked about the team's slow starts through two games and came prepared to face the questions.

"I don't want to say it's turning into our identity, but it's kind of making (quarterback) Josh Freeman a hero at the same time,'' Williams said of Tampa Bay's sluggish openings and dynamic endings. "We want to start fast because we know we can finish. If we get a good start, we think we can beat anybody.''

Freeman led Sunday's comeback from a 17-0 halftime deficit at Minnesota as the Bucs rallied for a 24-20 triumph that evened their record at 1-1 heading into Sunday's home matchup against the Atlanta Falcons.

Kickoff is at 4:15 p.m., a rare late-afternoon start at home for Tampa Bay.

"Maybe it's a good thing we're starting at 4 because we usually don't get started until 3:30 anyway," left tackle Donald Penn said. "That way maybe we'll play a whole game of Buc football.''

Tampa Bay boasts a 21-3 scoring advantage in the fourth quarter this season and outscored opponents 101-63 in the fourth quarter last season.

"We try everything,'' Williams said. "In practice, we say to each other that we've got to start fast. It's crazy how it turns out, but (late comebacks were) most of our wins last year and our win against Minnesota this year.''

Williams is eager to end Tampa Bay's five-game losing streak to Atlanta, the defending champion in the NFC South.

"We were in both games against them last year a play here or there and we're in the playoffs,'' he said. "It's going to be a must-win for us. We've got to go out and win to be in first place in our division. That's what we came out to do and this is the first step toward that.''

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 21, 2011, 11:31:58 PM

"Maybe it's a good thing we're starting at 4 because we usually don't get started until 3:30 anyway," left tackle Donald Penn said. "That way maybe we'll play a whole game of Buc football.''

Good assessment

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#2 : September 21, 2011, 11:42:21 PM

Sucks that they play at 4.   That's a 3am start in my time zone.   1pm starts in Tampa are a midnight start for me so that's not as bad.   3am is ridiculous.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 21, 2011, 11:56:47 PM

Sucks that they play at 4.   That's a 3am start in my time zone.   1pm starts in Tampa are a midnight start for me so that's not as bad.   3am is ridiculous.

Are you able to DVR? If not, I'd suggest watching it online, I think NFL.com is still doing those replays.

Anyways, I thought the quote was hilarious. It's good to see they can at least poke fun at themselves, and I don't think Penn is truly taking it lightly. I'd rather here a good quote than Faine blaming everyone else for the line's woes.

Also, Williams is wrong in saying they've tried everything. They still haven't tried opening in the no-huddle and allowing Freeman to call the plays as he does in the first half. Obviously Mike can't call out Olson though, and I wouldn't be shocked if he's thinking it.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 21, 2011, 11:57:03 PM

Ill send you a stream link if you want, Java. :)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 22, 2011, 12:05:24 AM

It was funny until I saw Penn say it. I wish our players wouldn't joke about this, it's not funny. They better get thier stuff together quick.

It was funny. Lighten up.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 22, 2011, 12:15:05 AM

I can stream it online, but it's at 3am.   I work the next day so that's not an option.   NFL replay on works in the usa.    But I can download the game the day after the game if I want.   Depends how it turns out....  ;)

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 22, 2011, 12:21:06 AM

I can stream it online, but it's at 3am.   I work the next day so that's not an option.   NFL replay on works in the usa.    But I can download the game the day after the game if I want.   Depends how it turns out....  ;)

You can download the games via Ten Yard Torrents and they don't give away the score on the download page. No spoilers on that page. So, avoid the scores and it will be like seeing it live.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#8 : September 22, 2011, 12:31:08 AM

I thought NFl.com streams live for non USA/Mexico based viewers..

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 22, 2011, 12:33:51 AM

I thought NFl.com streams live for non USA/Mexico based viewers..

It does.   $279.96 per year, $79.99 per month, or $24.99 per week. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 22, 2011, 01:09:05 AM

Pretty funny line IMO.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 22, 2011, 08:32:35 AM

Pretty funny line IMO.

And I hope they keep joking and staying loose.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 22, 2011, 08:34:52 AM

One time my wife and I were on vacation in Arizona and she had stuff she wanted to do. So while I slept she turned back the clock and all the watches. Worked like a charm.
Maybe Raheem needs to do that too.

In Verner We Trust

The Shadow

Starter

#13 : September 22, 2011, 08:58:48 AM

The truth is always funny. Now Donald, please knock it off and let's get it together.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 22, 2011, 09:01:07 AM

Agree, Shadow.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Good thing we're starting at 4 because we don't get started until 3:30 anyway" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools