Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No one wants to go a game with me anymore. Why? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

: September 22, 2011, 01:22:10 AM

The past 2 seasons it's been like pulling teeth to get friends or family to go to a game with me. For years they would fight to go. Now times have changed. I love my Bucs but going to the game alone is getting old. It's just not fun anymore. I'm thinking this is going to be my last season as a season ticket holder and I'll just buy individual seats next year. Damn.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 22, 2011, 01:26:56 AM

Not many people like Rah as a coach or the product he puts on the field

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#2 : September 22, 2011, 01:28:48 AM

Last year in Tampa when I visited, I had to practically force my brothers to watch the Bucs game with me on TV.   They wanted us all to go to the beach for a BBQ, rather than a BBQ at home watching the Buc game by the pool.   They literally didn't give a crap about the game.   And they were absolute die hard fans for over 30 years until Raheem was hired.   This current team just doesn't interest people for some reason.   I wanted to watch because I rarely get to watch with people who really know football anymore.  I miss the excitement and passion of really getting into the game.   I will say that it was a nice Sunday, but the passion watching the Buc games is not there currently.   Might as well have listened to them and gone to the beach.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 22, 2011, 01:39:51 AM

It's really sad. My wife used to go all the time. She's committed to the Colts game only. I missed the Lions game because of my daughters wedding in Boston. Tried to get friends to take them, no deal. Couldn't sell them on EBay or stub hub. Wound up giving them to a client that was a lions fan. I have only one other commitment and that's for the Falcons game. I thought after a 10-6 season it would change. I was wrong.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 22, 2011, 01:43:43 AM

I think our fans don't like each other. Look at this board. People hating on Java. The Raheem Haters. The Gruden Haters. The Glazer haters. And the local media, with the exception of PR, has been hate filled for eight years (although admitedly less so lately).
It's like a family member you don't see for 20 years and then you're happy you haven't. Philly fans are drunk and stupid, but they love being drunk and stupid together.
There's no cohesion in Buc Nation.

In Verner We Trust

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 22, 2011, 01:49:10 AM

I think our fans don't like each other. Look at this board. People hating on Java. The Raheem Haters. The Gruden Haters. The Glazer haters. And the local media, with the exception of PR, has been hate filled for eight years (although admitedly less so lately).
It's like a family member you don't see for 20 years and then you're happy you haven't. Philly fans are drunk and stupid, but they love being drunk and stupid together.
There's no cohesion in Buc Nation.

One way to fix all that and it's called winning, do that consistently and everything will change immensely

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 22, 2011, 02:30:39 AM

I'm not so sure that winning will cure it this time.   When the stars are guys like Blount and Talib, people have a hard time supporting that even if they are successful.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 22, 2011, 03:15:40 AM

Opening day against one of the more interesting teams in the NFL these days:

STRICK-9

Starter

#8 : September 22, 2011, 07:36:57 AM

I'm not so sure that winning will cure it this time.   When the stars are guys like Blount and Talib, people have a hard time supporting that even if they are successful.

Java:  One of the few points I agree with whole heartedly.....sorry, but I can't relate to people I can't respect in our society.

I don\'t believe in the Electric Chair...I believe in Electric Bleachers!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 22, 2011, 08:09:42 AM

The past 2 seasons it's been like pulling teeth to get friends or family to go to a game with me. For years they would fight to go. Now times have changed. I love my Bucs but going to the game alone is getting old. It's just not fun anymore. I'm thinking this is going to be my last season as a season ticket holder and I'll just buy individual seats next year. Damn.

People I know have said that it's too hot, too much of a hassle to be at RJS, no longer a novelty to see football in person - one family member relays a story about people pissing in the sinks at RJS. In general, it's just not a great scene being there anymore. Many of the people in the stands (including opponent fans) aren't people that I'd expect to pay money to be around.

: September 22, 2011, 08:21:56 AM morgan

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 22, 2011, 08:15:11 AM

Java:  One of the few points I agree with whole heartedly.....sorry, but I can't relate to people I can't respect in our society.
I don't think Blount is a bad guy.  made a stupid decision once.  hasn't been any trouble as a Buc as far as we know.  but , yeah.  I don't like Talib and I don't like Tanard Jackson.  Their behavior has impacted the team negatively.  But the are not reasons for staying away from the team.  that's just stupid.
: September 22, 2011, 08:25:44 AM Skull and Bones

Balls Out

Starter
#11 : September 22, 2011, 08:18:51 AM

I can see your point on Talib, but Blount???

What about the 50 other guys on the team? Good luck finding any professional sports team that has nothing but the likes of Brooks, Dunn, Selmon, ect...on it.

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 22, 2011, 08:26:31 AM

The past 2 seasons it's been like pulling teeth to get friends or family to go to a game with me.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 22, 2011, 08:27:40 AM

Off the football field, tell me what Blount has done that keeps you from respecting him.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 22, 2011, 08:29:19 AM

It's too hot! It's too much of a hassle!

You want to see a disgusting bathroom? Go to Buffalo. You'll also see fans who support their team and are there in sub-zero conditions.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No one wants to go a game with me anymore. Why? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools