Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No one wants to go a game with me anymore. Why? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#15 : September 22, 2011, 08:31:19 AM

What else is there to do in Buffalo? You can only visit Niagra Falls so many times before it becomes boring. There are a lot of other things in Tampa worthwhile other than hanging out w/ a bunch of slobs in RJS.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 22, 2011, 08:31:41 AM

Pissing in the sinks is an excuse. They did that at the Philly playoff games a decade ago too. And if you're annoyed by heat, how bad is sitting in minus-10 degree weather? People weather it because they wanna be there. They wanna be there because the local media presents it as the place to be, because the guy next door is going, guy at work is going.Conformity in a positive way. NOT going to Bucs games is conformity in a negative way.
Look at what we've seen since we won the Super Bowl. The local media, determined to get him fired, kept telling us what Gruden did NOT do. Many of you think that 2005 wasn't a big deal. Many think that winning the division in 2007 was nothing to be proud of. And you believe that our last two playoff losses were inevitable. Well, that's revisionist and nonsense. But if you're trying to paint the picture that nothing good has happened in nine years, what happens? Those who enjoyed it focus on the bad. And now there are no good carryover feelings. More significantly, you get in this mode of diminishing ANYTHING good.
For example, last year was great. We all enjoyed it. But if it's coupled with bashing Gruden then it takes something way. Or if it's coupled with saying Raheem is the next Dungy, then that does that too.
EVERY coach we have ever had has flaws!!!! We all wish Dungy and Gruden won more, but they didn't. Enjoy the positive things that they did because without them there would be about 10K in the stands every week!
But this is where I blame our GM too. A long-term plan is a wise ADJUSTMENT on his part but he's gambling on long-term success by potentially sacrificing short-term success. THAT doesn't sell !!! He's gambling that we won't take a step backward and since much of our fanbase is pessimistic anyway, it's just as bad as losing.
WELL, WHO KNOWS! I hope he's right. We need to get the wheel going in the other direction. But the internet is a nastier place than it was a decade ago and winning alone won't do it. Our ownership could use more than a little PR work.
Our fans practically feel like King George III came over and won back the Colony of Glazer. Show us more LOVE Glazers! Only love can save us.
(end of rant)

In Verner We Trust

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 22, 2011, 08:40:06 AM

What else is there to do in Buffalo? You can only visit Niagra Falls so many times before it becomes boring. There are a lot of other things in Tampa worthwhile other than hanging out w/ a bunch of slobs in RJS.

Plenty of things to do in Buffalo in September and October, before the cold and snow come. Boating and swimming, etc... And the Buffalo Zoo and other attractions. You ever been there?

And once winter comes, people love to ski. Maybe you've heard of that?

It may not have as many options as Tampa but it's not the wasteland you make it out to be.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 22, 2011, 08:44:22 AM

Niagara Falls was one of the best vacations I ever took.  More to it than just the falls.  Didn't spend any time in Buffalo however.  Just from driving through it I didn't want to.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 22, 2011, 08:47:13 AM

There used to be a big Bills fan on buccaneers.com a decade ago, who dumped on the Bucs continuously, saying they never win the big one (ironic, eh?). When the Bucs won the Super Bowl, he was so depressed, he disappeared, never to return.

In Verner We Trust

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 22, 2011, 08:49:00 AM

agree -I could spend hours at the Falls. Enjoyable time -especially in the summer.

This thread is another discussion about why consumers don't buy a product - and in Tampa the consumer has a lot of other things to spend their money on instead of sitting in a hot, sweltering stadium rubbing elbows with a fat, sweaty slob from Detroit, shoving his elbow into your gut while you occupy a 36 inch seat at RJS. 

No offense to fat slobs from Detroit.
: September 22, 2011, 08:50:37 AM morgan

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : September 22, 2011, 09:00:31 AM

Do we know for a fact that people in Detroit are fatter than those in Tampa?

In Verner We Trust

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 22, 2011, 09:09:53 AM

Yes...

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 22, 2011, 09:14:03 AM

I stand corrected about the seat size...I was wrong.....

General admission seating (red seats) measures 19" wide and 32"-33" from one seat back to the next.

Club seats (pewter seats) measure 21" wide, with 32"-33" from one seat back to the next and are cushioned.

http://www.raymondjames.com/stadium/faq.htm

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 22, 2011, 09:14:31 AM

well you can eat pretty good on EBTs.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#25 : September 22, 2011, 09:18:08 AM

It's really sad. My wife used to go all the time. She's committed to the Colts game only. I missed the Lions game because of my daughters wedding in Boston. Tried to get friends to take them, no deal. Couldn't sell them on EBay or stub hub. Wound up giving them to a client that was a lions fan. I have only one other commitment and that's for the Falcons game. I thought after a 10-6 season it would change. I was wrong.

hey Bucko40 if you're not going to the Cowboys game by anychance let me know because i cant take the tickets of your hands

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 22, 2011, 09:24:05 AM

Not many people like Rah as a coach or the product he puts on the field
Yeah, the bucs are soooo boring to watch. We never make great 2nd half comebacks.

Pathetic tampa fan base.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 22, 2011, 09:27:02 AM

At the Lions game it looked like the stadium was being used as a refugee camp. Everyone was inside and the walls were lined with people sitting and drinking water. Everyone looked dehydrated and miserable. The heat really doesn't bother me, maybe cause I grew up either working in it or playing in it, but I know it is pretty rough on a lot of people. I know my wife and my friend from DC both said they would never go to another game with me because of the heat. I think unless you're a die hard fan, most people really don't want to deal with it. I'm not saying that is the only reason, but I do think it's a big part.

Now the night games are a different story. Anyone that doesn't wanna go to the Colts or Cowboys game is just a damn fool!

FinkleisEinhorn

Second String

#28 : September 22, 2011, 09:31:17 AM

Pissing in the sinks is an excuse. They did that at the Philly playoff games a decade ago too. And if you're annoyed by heat, how bad is sitting in minus-10 degree weather? People weather it because they wanna be there. They wanna be there because the local media presents it as the place to be, because the guy next door is going, guy at work is going.Conformity in a positive way. NOT going to Bucs games is conformity in a negative way.
Look at what we've seen since we won the Super Bowl. The local media, determined to get him fired, kept telling us what Gruden did NOT do. Many of you think that 2005 wasn't a big deal. Many think that winning the division in 2007 was nothing to be proud of. And you believe that our last two playoff losses were inevitable. Well, that's revisionist and nonsense. But if you're trying to paint the picture that nothing good has happened in nine years, what happens? Those who enjoyed it focus on the bad. And now there are no good carryover feelings. More significantly, you get in this mode of diminishing ANYTHING good.
For example, last year was great. We all enjoyed it. But if it's coupled with bashing Gruden then it takes something way. Or if it's coupled with saying Raheem is the next Dungy, then that does that too.
EVERY coach we have ever had has flaws!!!! We all wish Dungy and Gruden won more, but they didn't. Enjoy the positive things that they did because without them there would be about 10K in the stands every week!
But this is where I blame our GM too. A long-term plan is a wise ADJUSTMENT on his part but he's gambling on long-term success by potentially sacrificing short-term success. THAT doesn't sell !!! He's gambling that we won't take a step backward and since much of our fanbase is pessimistic anyway, it's just as bad as losing.
WELL, WHO KNOWS! I hope he's right. We need to get the wheel going in the other direction. But the internet is a nastier place than it was a decade ago and winning alone won't do it. Our ownership could use more than a little PR work.
Our fans practically feel like King George III came over and won back the Colony of Glazer. Show us more LOVE Glazers! Only love can save us.
(end of rant)

I think this is an accurate observation.  Dominick has stressed the whole "have patience, we are building for the future" mantra to the point that fans are convinced we are nowhere near ready to compete.

This combination of a cheap reputation, a refusal to even consider free agency options, and this team's demand to make its fans wait years for a truly competitive team is asking simply too much.

Football is too volatile of a game. Too much changes from year to year and fans know this. They aren't willing to sit on their hands while an inexperienced GM is asking for years of patience in anticipation that one day he will field a competent team.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#29 : September 22, 2011, 09:36:15 AM

Pathetic tampa fan base.

Thanks for the contribution-

Pathetic in your eyes - but doesn't explain much.

Why is it pathetic/disinterested is the question.

: September 22, 2011, 09:39:04 AM morgan
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No one wants to go a game with me anymore. Why? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools