Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dakoda Watson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

BucNY

Hall of Famer

: September 22, 2011, 09:22:19 AM

Other than this, I will not mention Blacks horrid play on Sunday. I will mention how good Watson played. He easily showed the best motor and just plain wanted it more than anyone else on our defense on Sunday. I rewatched the game watched him. 2 pass break ups and two pass rushes that caused problems. You can see and feel the fire in this guy when he plays. I hope he starts this week. We need him to keep playing like that. I see no reason why he hasn't earned the start this week. The guy played balls out all 2nd half.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 22, 2011, 11:23:17 AM

No one has anything to say about how well Dakota Watson played?

- Everyone

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 22, 2011, 11:23:46 AM

He's our best pass rusher and our best coverage LB!

- Everyone

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 22, 2011, 11:34:43 AM

He will be starting at some point in the season if this continues.  I honestly don't think even if Black bounces back to his normal, average self he can hold the spot.  Having Watson on the field with Hayes, and Foster provides a trio of three LB's that can generate TFL opportunities.  What is the point of penetration by the front four if the LB's are unable to finish the job?  This to me is the biggest problem with Black as he can't seal the deal despite being the most physical specimen at LB on the entire roster.  Hayes is smaller and shows more tenacity, and Watson is relentless with his motor.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 22, 2011, 11:43:15 AM

Black hasn't been practicing I believe.  Maybe he gets the start this week.

jobuc597

Second String
#5 : September 22, 2011, 11:50:00 AM

Its hard for me to diagree...so I won't...If Watson has another good game....Black should be phased out as soon as possible.....

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 22, 2011, 11:50:00 AM

Would Black not playing this week mean Foster gets the little Green dot thingy of POWER? :)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

rikes

Starter

#7 : September 22, 2011, 11:56:05 AM

Im a fan of Watson and hope to see him play this week. If Black is still hurt there's no point in starting him.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#8 : September 22, 2011, 12:48:17 PM

Lets see how he does Sunday

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 22, 2011, 08:54:19 PM

He should be starting this week and into the future to be honest. Black is solid but he doesn't have that extra he's going to be a legit star type in him. Watson does IMO. Next year if we do keep Black then let Hayes go and have Watson move to the Weak-Side because he needs to be out there and starting.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 22, 2011, 09:04:48 PM

In the run up to the draft SR liked to compare Akeem Ayers to Julian Peterson. I never really saw it, but I would compare Dekoda Watson to Julian Peterson in his prime. Both very fluid, strong in coverage and rushing the passer. I remember Peterson's breakout game coming against Tony Gonzalez when Gonzo was coming off a monter game the week before but Peterson covered him man to man the whole game and just shut him down. I'm real interested to see how much they let Dekoda cover Gonzalez and what time of game he has. I think we could possibly see a star be born.
: September 22, 2011, 09:06:44 PM BucsPirate1

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 22, 2011, 09:37:40 PM

Watson and Foster need to shine in this game.  Watson, in particular will probably be tasked with defending Gonzalez which is no easy task.  This is also the perfect game to step up and get to the QB for the DL and of course Watson when called upon

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#12 : September 22, 2011, 11:16:39 PM

He's probably our second best LB next to Mason Foster.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#13 : September 22, 2011, 11:26:22 PM

Watson was #24 on my favorite 50 in 2010, so trust me NYBuc....I'm excited about his play. I just try not to go overboard from one game, kinda how a lot of folks have been with Preston Parker. The way I see it, doing great when you come in as a back up with no expectations is one thing, but being able to do it week after week when you are expected to be great is something else entirely. I really hope Watson take s this opportunity and never looks back. I know he has the physical ability to be amazing. I'm just not ready to crown him team captain yet.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#14 : September 23, 2011, 12:06:20 AM

"Everybody give it up for Mr. Dakoda Watson and Sexual Chocolate!"

The quest for .500 begins...
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dakoda Watson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools