Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dakoda Watson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 23, 2011, 02:01:06 AM

I think re-signing Black to that huge contract was a huge gamble, that didn't pay off. Rah has always been terrible at assessing Black's progress. He was praising him last season while teams were running down the strong side of the field at will. Black is not good at shedding blocks, is an average tackler, and takes terrible angles. All Rah remembers is how good he looked in the weight room. All that work in the weight room paid off for him with that $29 million contract.

Meanwhile, Watson has looked like the best player on the field when he has been in there. He wasn't properly scouted. The issues he had at FSU were coaching related IMO. Watson is a stud who played on Black's level last year as a rookie, and has surpassed Black on the field this year after two quarters of play it is obvious. He deserves a shot at starting because he is yungrier.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

flash_kiley

Second String

#16 : September 23, 2011, 03:49:01 AM

I've been hearing and seeing that Atlanta's O-line has been terrible, especially the LG. He has been struggling with picking the right guy on the blots. I hope Watson is blitzed a lot . Matt Ryan is already banged up from the Philly game. Watson could break him in half.

flash_kiley

Second String

#17 : September 23, 2011, 03:49:34 AM

Blitz*

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 23, 2011, 07:44:06 AM

I think re-signing Black to that huge contract was a huge gamble, that didn't pay off. Rah has always been terrible at assessing Black's progress. He was praising him last season while teams were running down the strong side of the field at will. Black is not good at shedding blocks, is an average tackler, and takes terrible angles. All Rah remembers is how good he looked in the weight room. All that work in the weight room paid off for him with that $29 million contract.

Meanwhile, Watson has looked like the best player on the field when he has been in there. He wasn't properly scouted. The issues he had at FSU were coaching related IMO. Watson is a stud who played on Black's level last year as a rookie, and has surpassed Black on the field this year after two quarters of play it is obvious. He deserves a shot at starting because he is yungrier.

Only $11.5M guaranteed. Still a decent amount, but they can cut him after next season if he doesn't keep the starting role and owe him nothing. If we were to cut him after this season we would still have to pay him $5.2M.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 23, 2011, 07:49:02 AM

Only $11.5M guaranteed. Still a decent amount, but they can cut him after next season if he doesn't keep the starting role and owe him nothing. If we were to cut him after this season we would still have to pay him $5.2M.

I don't think they will cut him. Raheem seems to have an unusual fascination with Black. Almost as if he poops out gold nuggets or something. If nothing else, he is a good back up at MLB, or SLB.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 23, 2011, 08:04:08 AM

I hope Watson gets to start soon

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 23, 2011, 08:17:28 AM

I've been hearing and seeing that Atlanta's O-line has been terrible, especially the LG. He has been struggling with picking the right guy on the blots. I hope Watson is blitzed a lot . Matt Ryan is already banged up from the Philly game. Watson could break him in half.

Stopping Mike Turner is how you stop Atlanta. Matty Ice is not Aaron Rogers, nor is he Bruce Gradkowski.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#22 : September 23, 2011, 09:47:25 AM

I was hoping for a McKenzie/Foster/Watson trio at linebacker this season. Sure it would have been rough at start, but IMO it would have paid off and sured up the position for the next few years.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 23, 2011, 10:03:49 AM

I like Geno, he needs to be a bit more consistent but he is good in pass coverage and is very good at creating tackles for loss. That's one that has been overlooked with this guy. He makes splash plays, has since he was our full time start LB. Interceptions, sacks, TFL he does it all. He just needs to be more consistent.

I'm excited to see Hayes/Foster/Watson. It might give us the spark we need on defense to have a shot against Atlanta this weekend.

- Everyone

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#24 : September 23, 2011, 11:12:36 AM

let's go all you Hayes haters where you at?..its like a broken record.."he needs to be more consistent"..wah wah *ucking wah!!" he's not the best linebacker in the league but he sure as hell is our best...even guys like Urlacher and the Patrick Willises make mistakes when you watch their games as close and detailed as you watch ours..but anyways Hayes makes plays and yall need to stop underrating him..

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 23, 2011, 12:07:30 PM

Hayes' biggest problem is that he is built like a strong safety. He just gets man handled half the time and RBs run this his girly arm tackles all day long. I just try to remember that he is still only 23 and he might still develop.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 23, 2011, 01:40:26 PM

He was a steal for a 7th round draft pick.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 23, 2011, 03:12:31 PM

I just try to remember that he is still only 23 and he might still develop.

That's a young dude!! We forget sometimes exactly how young we are!

He was a steal for a 7th round draft pick.

Without question. Anytime you get a starting player in the 7th round, you've done your homework.

- Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : September 23, 2011, 03:15:31 PM

Actually he is 24.....just had a B-day last month.....my bad. Still very young though. Drafted when he was 20. Most people don't realize he is so young.

He's only 7 months older than Dekoda Watson.

This week he is the old grizzled vet of our LBs corps at 24. Watson is 23, and Foster is 22. Crazy.
: September 23, 2011, 03:18:10 PM JDouble

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 23, 2011, 11:02:10 PM

let's go all you Hayes haters where you at?..its like a broken record.."he needs to be more consistent"..wah wah *ucking wah!!" he's not the best linebacker in the league but he sure as hell is our best...even guys like Urlacher and the Patrick Willises make mistakes when you watch their games as close and detailed as you watch ours..but anyways Hayes makes plays and yall need to stop underrating him..

Agreed. I have stood up for Hayes in the past. He plays way better towards the end of the year typically.

The main problem is that he replaced Derrick Brooks...excuse me, Mr. Derrick Brooks.  Those are big shoes to fill. My idea is that with a decent MLB now playing beside him, he is going to start to look a lot better. He plays at an extremely high level towards the end of the year. I think he may be a much better cold weather player? IDK. He needs to try to play at that level all year long, though..

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dakoda Watson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools