Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dakoda Watson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

flash_kiley

Second String

#30 : September 23, 2011, 11:37:47 PM

I've been hearing and seeing that Atlanta's O-line has been terrible, especially the LG. He has been struggling with picking the right guy on the blots. I hope Watson is blitzed a lot . Matt Ryan is already banged up from the Philly game. Watson could break him in half.

Stopping Mike Turner is how you stop Atlanta. Matty Ice is not Aaron Rogers, nor is he Bruce Gradkowski.

I definitely agree. We have to stop Turner. I think he will get his, but hopefully it isn't in big chunks. What scares me more than Turner, right now, is Julio Jones. Aqib needs to stay on Roddy, so that leaves either Ronde or Biggers. Ronde is savvy but lacks the physical talents, and Biggers has the height, but I wonder about his physicality.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 23, 2011, 11:42:57 PM

let's go all you Hayes haters where you at?..its like a broken record.."he needs to be more consistent"..wah wah *ucking wah!!" he's not the best linebacker in the league but he sure as hell is our best...even guys like Urlacher and the Patrick Willises make mistakes when you watch their games as close and detailed as you watch ours..but anyways Hayes makes plays and yall need to stop underrating him..

Agreed. I have stood up for Hayes in the past. He plays way better towards the end of the year typically.

The main problem is that he replaced Derrick Brooks...excuse me, Mr. Derrick Brooks.  Those are big shoes to fill. My idea is that with a decent MLB now playing beside him, he is going to start to look a lot better. He plays at an extremely high level towards the end of the year. I think he may be a much better cold weather player? IDK. He needs to try to play at that level all year long, though..
No, the main problem is that he has horrific gap integirty. Since 2008 he has been overpursuit on runs and Ruud has had to cover up for his mental mistakes. He has mental breakdown during games and is overrated in coverage.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 23, 2011, 11:51:11 PM

let's go all you Hayes haters where you at?..its like a broken record.."he needs to be more consistent"..wah wah *ucking wah!!" he's not the best linebacker in the league but he sure as hell is our best...even guys like Urlacher and the Patrick Willises make mistakes when you watch their games as close and detailed as you watch ours..but anyways Hayes makes plays and yall need to stop underrating him..

Agreed. I have stood up for Hayes in the past. He plays way better towards the end of the year typically.

The main problem is that he replaced Derrick Brooks...excuse me, Mr. Derrick Brooks.  Those are big shoes to fill. My idea is that with a decent MLB now playing beside him, he is going to start to look a lot better. He plays at an extremely high level towards the end of the year. I think he may be a much better cold weather player? IDK. He needs to try to play at that level all year long, though..
No, the main problem is that he has horrific gap integirty. Since 2008 he has been overpursuit on runs and Ruud has had to cover up for his mental mistakes. He has mental breakdown during games and is overrated in coverage.

+1

flash_kiley

Second String

#33 : September 24, 2011, 12:10:09 AM

Hayes is looking good to this point. I think the splash plays will come, but he seems to be cutting down on the missplays and overpursuits. That is huge for him.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#34 : September 24, 2011, 12:28:15 AM

I too have this feeling that Watson is going to plant Ryan in the ground and he will not get up.....how foolish was that signing of Black......we could have had Sproles who signed for just 14 mill for 4 years......Watsons much better then Black even Haywards better.....bad signing.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#35 : September 24, 2011, 12:30:27 AM

hell just look at that tackle he had behind the line of  scrimmage when he smacked AP in the mouth for like a 4yard loss...not every1 is able to smack Peterson like that

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 24, 2011, 01:13:21 AM

The thing to understand is that the WLB is supposed to turn the RB inside to the MLB. Geno is suppossed to protect his sideline. The whole idea is that if he gives up the sideline, there is nobody there to help him.

He may grade out very well on those plays, yet he gets slammed by fans who don't realize he is doing what he is coached to do. Some of Geno's best games have been when he was flowing to the ball and was all over the field making plays.

Maybe if the Bucs run more cover two this week they can unleash Geno to go get the ball. Derrick Brooks made a ton of plays at or behind the LOS, without regards to any gaps. Geno can do the same.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

threadkiller

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 24, 2011, 01:25:58 AM

how foolish was that signing of Black......we could have had Sproles who signed for just 14 mill for 4 years......Watsons much better then Black even Haywards better.....bad signing.

We could have signed Sproles and Le'Ron McClain and still had some left over with what we gave to Black. 

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 24, 2011, 03:22:07 AM

how foolish was that signing of Black......we could have had Sproles who signed for just 14 mill for 4 years......Watsons much better then Black even Haywards better.....bad signing.

We could have signed Sproles and Le'Ron McClain and still had some left over with what we gave to Black.

You are so right. I defended the signing of Black, but the truth is, it was a bad move. The FO is scared to bring in outside players and that is a problem when your own players who are up for re-signing don't deserve the big money. As good as Dominik is at drafting, he is inept at signing free agents.

Sean Jones is Dominik's star free agent over the last two years. MC80, DWard, Joseph, Trueblood, and Black have all been paid like starters, while performing like back-up's. I'm a huge Dominik fan. I think Dominik does a great job of evaluating young players, but he needs an experienced professional to help out in the pro personnel dept.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 24, 2011, 08:28:28 AM

Any word if it's official yet that Watson will be getting the start?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#40 : September 24, 2011, 09:00:54 AM

Anyone happen to watch Doug Free get destroyed all day by Justin Smith? He got his QB hurt....looked horrible. Yet many of you have been ranting that we should have offered him LT money in order to steal him from the Cowboys. Assuming Sproles would be doing as good in our offense as he has done in the Saints offense is pointless. You guys talk about Doms fear of signing players from other teams, but you are blinded by this fantasy that everyone not wearing Pewter and Red is great.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 24, 2011, 09:21:26 AM

Anyone happen to watch Doug Free get destroyed all day by Justin Smith? He got his QB hurt....looked horrible. Yet many of you have been ranting that we should have offered him LT money in order to steal him from the Cowboys. Assuming Sproles would be doing as good in our offense as he has done in the Saints offense is pointless. You guys talk about Doms fear of signing players from other teams, but you are blinded by this fantasy that everyone not wearing Pewter and Red is great.

Not really. I'm blinded by the fact that Darren Sproles would be better than Kregg Lumpkin or Allen Bradford, and that Tyson Clabo or Marshall Yanda would be better than Jeremy Trueblood, or that just about any FA guard this off season would be better than Ted Larsen. I'm blinded by the fact that if you were to scour the league, it would probably be a safe bet to suggest that the Bucs rank either near or at the top in the number of late round draft picks and undrafted players that instantly start or play a significant role on the team. Not a good look, no matter how you try to spin it.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#42 : September 24, 2011, 09:23:35 AM

How did Allen Bradford make the team anyways? He was awful during the preseason.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 24, 2011, 09:42:56 AM

Black is doubtful for the game...  (25% chance of playing)

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/Black-Doubtful-for-Sundays-Game/4c4fbc49-d37c-4a69-9257-620869a6123f

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#44 : September 24, 2011, 10:29:22 AM

Not really. I'm blinded by the fact that Darren Sproles would be better than Kregg Lumpkin or Allen Bradford, and that Tyson Clabo or Marshall Yanda would be better than Jeremy Trueblood, or that just about any FA guard this off season would be better than Ted Larsen. I'm blinded by the fact that if you were to scour the league, it would probably be a safe bet to suggest that the Bucs rank either near or at the top in the number of late round draft picks and undrafted players that instantly start or play a significant role on the team. Not a good look, no matter how you try to spin it.

Really? This week on Offense we'll be starting Blount, Lorig, Donald Penn, and Preston Park wil be the third WR. On Defense we'll be starting Michael Bennett, Dekoda Watson, Geno Hayes, Cody Grimm, and EJ Biggers will be the third CB. I guarantee you can't find a team starting more late round or undrafted players brought in over the last 3 years, and I highly doubt you can even find a team with that many overall.
: September 24, 2011, 10:31:20 AM BucsPirate1
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dakoda Watson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools