Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dakoda Watson « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#75 : September 26, 2011, 08:09:17 AM

Black should have never been resigned to begin with.  Of coarse Watson should be starting over him.  Watson looks like the playmaker the FO has always insisted Black was (as FRG stated).  And low and behold the defense actually played well without him or that bum Miller starting.  But I can almost guarantee that black will get his job back.  Too much money involved.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#76 : September 26, 2011, 08:26:36 AM

Black should have never been resigned to begin with.  Of coarse Watson should be starting over him.  Watson looks like the playmaker the FO has always insisted Black was (as FRG stated).  And low and behold the defense actually played well without him or that bum Miller starting.  But I can almost guarantee that black will get his job back.  Too much money involved.
Lord I hope we don't re-sign Miller.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#77 : September 26, 2011, 08:57:27 AM

Just got done re-watching the game. Focused entirely on Watson the entire game. I don't think he is ready to start full time. He had a nice pass break up in coverage and the great sack/fumble to start the game, but he looked pretty awful in run defense. His pass rush looks elite at times but he is inconsistent in his effort. He was used as the RE with his hand in the dirt just as much as he was used as SLB and he was most productive as the RE on 3rd downs when he could just pin his ears back and rush. He is 100x the pass rusher that Quincy Black is, and his coverage looked surprisingly good....but when playing the run he just looks too finesse. I think if he remains starter people would quickly grow tired of him giving up big runs.

Personally I think they should continue to start Black, mainly in short yardage situations, but use Watson as a pass rusher on passing downs. Let Watson develop a little more before throwing him there full time.

As I mentioned, Watson replaced Clayborn as RE in the Nickel package. I love Clayborn, but I like this move. It keeps Clayborn fresh for one, but more importantly it gets our speed rushers (Watson and Bennett) on the field when we know the QB is throwing.

I am not a Quincy Black hater. I think while unspectacular, he is dependable and solid. I think the leg injury is what made him look awful vs. the Vikings. If I am wrong and he continues to struggle against the run when he comes back healthy...THEN there is no reason not to start Watson, because Watson is either equal or better at every other aspect of the game.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#78 : September 26, 2011, 11:03:18 AM

I can accept your post and analysis.

I am one that thinks if Watson has all the tools to be great, but Black is slightly better, put Watson in and coach him up. He has the tools, he just needs to see it on the field.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

buchead

Hall of Famer

#79 : September 26, 2011, 03:45:37 PM

Whats the word on Geno. Sounded like a concussion. Could he miss a game. Can watson fill in there as well? Or is heyward better suited?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#80 : September 26, 2011, 03:47:39 PM

Whats the word on Geno. Sounded like a concussion. Could he miss a game. Can watson fill in there as well? Or is heyward better suited?

Rah said today if Hayes can't go for any reason, Black will play Will and Watson will play Sam....but he doesn't expect Hayes to miss any time.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#81 : September 26, 2011, 04:09:49 PM

Does anyone think Black should keep his spot next week?

Hell no.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dakoda Watson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools