Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is 90% of the reason that the Bucs games don't sell out. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

: September 22, 2011, 02:51:32 PM

That reason is the Bucs have made believers of no one. They are not a consistently good football team. If the fans knew that they were going to get a really good, consistent and winning team, things would be different. Instead, the fans know that they may put their hard earned money down for tickets and get a complete dud of a game. They just don't know what they're going to get. I would bet the farm that if the Bucs had an offense like the Patriots and a good defense the fans would should up in groves. It's a plain and simple fact that if the Bucs start producing wins and put an exciting product on the field consistently the fans will show. PERIOD! All of the other excuses are just irrelevant.

rikes

Starter

#1 : September 22, 2011, 02:54:15 PM

I love made up statistics!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 22, 2011, 02:55:17 PM

Ive said that. The uncertainty with the team drives fans away. If they would win a game vs a playoff team then the fans will come back out. Look at the Lightning. They had record sales there too when they won the cup. The team lost a few years and then fans leave. Go to the Eastern Conference Finals and the season tickets are flying off of the shelves. Bandwagon city in its finest. What makes me feel confident though is that the team is trying to be a consistent winner by building through the draft. Their hopes are we put together a talent filled roster and let them grow with each other will mean consistent winning and playoff contention. It worked last time they did it.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#3 : September 22, 2011, 03:01:45 PM

It's not a made up statistic. It's fact! Do some research and see for yourself.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 22, 2011, 03:08:02 PM

It's a plain and simple fact that if the Bucs start producing wins and put an exciting product on the field consistently the fans will show. PERIOD! All of the other excuses are just irrelevant.

Agree with this.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 22, 2011, 03:19:06 PM

It's a plain and simple fact that if the Bucs start producing wins and put an exciting product on the field consistently the fans will show. PERIOD! All of the other excuses are just irrelevant.

Agree with this.

I don't know. There is a lot that went into Bucs building up their season ticket base in 1997. Now you have ticket prices that are basically double what they were at the point in an economy where people are making the same amount of money they did then. How many people under 35 do you see at a Bucs game? I'm going to guess it is about 20-30% and a good chunk of those are the other teams fans. I'm willing to bet that in 1997 that demographic was 40-45% of the fan base attending a game.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 22, 2011, 03:19:15 PM

There is no one factor that is 90% of the reason the Bucs games don't selll out.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 22, 2011, 03:23:33 PM

So, you're saying that 90% of the reason that Bucs games don't sell out is that the city is full of fair-weather fans who only want to cheer for a front-runner?  I suppose that's possible, but it does seem rather cynical.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 22, 2011, 03:25:53 PM

Morris is 98 percent of the reason....

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 22, 2011, 03:52:45 PM

I'm not so sure this is 90% of the reason. There were losing seasons prior to Rah taking over. Fans are so stuck on players of old (Brooks, Alstott, Lynch, Sapp) and feel that the Bucs handled their situations unprofessionally. I know my mother was in that percentile of fans stuck on players. She was pissed when Lynch was let go. I think there are several other reasons for games not selling out though. The economy isn't what it once was and families can no longer afford to go to games.

Hell, my father was an achitect for a company that designed attractions and hotels for Disney and Universal but the owner sold the company and my father was soon let go after new ownership lost those contracts. My parents filed bankruptcy and have been living with my wife and I for the past 7 years. So for anyone to sit here and think that this economy has nothing to do with it, you are foolish and naive. Families are now spending their hard earned money on something they can all enjoy together as a FAMILY for an entire day like an amusement park or going on vacations.

Do I agree with it? Somewhat, but the Glazers could do something to entice fans yet it seems like they could care less.
: September 22, 2011, 03:55:14 PM Bucweiser

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 22, 2011, 04:04:42 PM

Let me get this straight...

Do you mean that if we were contending for the playoffs every year, and had handful of Lombardis in the trophy case, and had a truly great team, we'd sell out?

Really...?

gillen033

Starter

#11 : September 22, 2011, 04:10:43 PM

^^^ what BucsFTW said.

Obvious is obvious.

Red Alert

Rookie

#12 : September 22, 2011, 04:29:35 PM

That doesn't explain Seattle...

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#13 : September 22, 2011, 04:32:03 PM

It's not a made up statistic. It's fact! Do some research and see for yourself.

How did you come up with that 90% number other than your personal opinion? Anything to support 90% over 80%, 70%, 60%?

BUC U!

Rookie

#14 : September 22, 2011, 04:34:52 PM

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is 90% of the reason that the Bucs games don't sell out. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools