Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yeah, We Won, But... Did You REALLY Enjoy The Game...? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

: September 26, 2011, 01:10:49 AM

No come from behind heroics.

Freeman was "off" on a few passes.

Blount didn't break the 100 yard mark.

We didn't capitalize on defensive turnovers in Atlanta's end.

I have to admit it...  I LOVED IT...!  We stuck to the run, even when Atlanta knew we were going to run, and we were successful enough when we had to be to move the chains.
Our opening drive of the 3rd quarter sealed the deal for me.  8:05 (I think) and THAT wears on a defense.  Freeman was obviously not having one of his best days, but as as I learned long ago:  "It's not how good your good plays are...  What matters is how bad your BAD plays are!"  Free wasn't lights out, but he also didn't make any huge brain farts either.

Defensively, I think Raheem ratcheted it up more than just one notch.  Our defensive line is starting to gel - and they ARE getting more and more pressure every week.  They're not killing it in sacks, but McCoys comment about "pressure" definitely rang true today...  We hit Ryan more today, and even more importantly, he rarely looked comfortable in the pocket.

Our lack of DB depth scares me though, and Biggers isn't developing into the player I had hoped he would.

Although not a sack...  I was thrilled with this play:

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : September 26, 2011, 01:24:06 AM

Free wasn't lights out, but he also didn't make any huge brain farts either.

How about the pick in the end zone?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 26, 2011, 01:26:29 AM

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 26, 2011, 01:27:48 AM

Hell ya I enjoyed the game!!!

bashear

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 26, 2011, 01:28:24 AM

haha. Great pics. Loved watching the defense this game.

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#5 : September 26, 2011, 01:29:20 AM

This game on the win against SF last year are the only two wins I can remember recently where we never trailed once. I was scared late, but Price came up with a huge sack that forced a FG and the offense ran the clock out. We didn't win pretty, but we finally finished the deal against the Falcons. Those 5 straight losses were frustrating, but even more frustrating was how in four of them we could very easily won but didn't execute down the stretch.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#6 : September 26, 2011, 01:33:04 AM

This one was a bit similar to that game during the Dungy years where they beat the Bears 6-3.   Even though the Bucs won that game, I kind of wanted my money back at the end of the game.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 26, 2011, 01:37:28 AM

I always loved 6-9 games. Like it or not, it's Bucs ball.

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

#8 : September 26, 2011, 01:40:11 AM

This one was a bit similar to that game during the Dungy years where they beat the Bears 6-3.   Even though the Bucs won that game, I kind of wanted my money back at the end of the game.

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#9 : September 26, 2011, 01:40:28 AM

I always loved 6-9 games. Like it or not, it's Bucs ball.

I love games where our defense plays great as well, like today. It felt like the old days. It's been a little weird relying on comebacks and the offense to win, just not what I'm used to, but whatever gets us Ws.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 26, 2011, 01:41:49 AM

Great win. Loved it.

In Verner We Trust

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 26, 2011, 01:44:33 AM

Free wasn't lights out, but he also didn't make any huge brain farts either.

How about the pick in the end zone?

You mean the one that got tipped?

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 26, 2011, 01:48:01 AM

Nahhhhhh...  Those two games are "apples and waterskis".

Don't be bitter because we WON Java...  They can't all be sterling.

I will take ANY win, especially those in which we actually played sub-par, but managed not to screw the pooch in the process.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 26, 2011, 02:38:12 AM

Good thing Roddy White dropped that pass at the end. He would have broken a lot of hearts.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 26, 2011, 02:41:23 AM

Good thing Roddy White dropped that pass at the end. He would have broken a lot of hearts.
..but not yours?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yeah, We Won, But... Did You REALLY Enjoy The Game...? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools