Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yeah, We Won, But... Did You REALLY Enjoy The Game...? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#30 : September 26, 2011, 11:53:04 AM

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 26, 2011, 12:13:13 PM

Nerve racking- yeah, heart pounding- for sure, exciting- hell yes. If you don't love this kind of football then your not a fan of the game.

which is why this thread is the most retarded one I've read here in quite some time. And that's including all 30 or so of the threads Blackthoughtz started during the game.

Just curious Skull...

You're quick to label a thread as "retarded", but you lack the ability to explain why.  Are you so obtuse as to not recognize a poster taking a tongue-in-cheek poke at themselves? And.........

Hopefully....  You're still a kid.  It would make so much more sense of your use of the word "retarded".  I can only hope you haven't reproduced yet.  I also pray for you that your children suffer no forms of mental retardation.

Basically, it's just a typically immature comment from you.  Educate yourself Skull...  There is a thesaurus full of words at your disposal to say the same thing.  Try it man.

Continued use of such a childish insult only contributes to your ignorance.  Man up.

Back to the thread.......  What, precisely, is wrong with the thread?

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 26, 2011, 12:16:48 PM

You have to win ugly sometimes. What annoys me is the painting of the picture that if Ryan had been given one more chance, they definitely win it and woe is Ryan, he was so close. Well they had 58 minutes to win the game and didn't. They only scored 13 points the whole game. Yes, they had momentum. But they had their chances; White dropped two passes on their final drive that could have won them the game. Oh well. Why is it that when we do the exact same thing in 2008 or 2010, they're better, but when they do it, somehow the wrong team won? If we win both of those close games last year, who finishes with more wins? The difference between these two teams in general is almost nothing. But yesterday? We flat-out outplayed them for long enough to deserve to win.
THE RIGHT TEAM WON. Deal with it, national media.

I agree the win was not a thing of beauty, but I thought it was a "boringly beautiful win" myself...

Who "paints the picture" you speak of?  Did some talking head make that statement?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : September 26, 2011, 12:21:46 PM

The best part of yesterdays game is that the offense was so inept, the Falcons will have no film to study for the next match up!

Draft Aaron Donald

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#34 : September 26, 2011, 12:23:24 PM

I'm sorry for not being pc.  This thread is mentally challenged.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#35 : September 26, 2011, 12:27:28 PM

One other thing. I believe that at least half of this young team experienced what it feels like to play a home game at RJS for the first time yesterday. It wasn't sold out, but it was going off and we made enough noise to make up for the empty seats. A few guys tweeted about it and it really seemed to get them jacked up. I think our poor play at home could change now.
It sounded pretty loud on TV and Radio

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#36 : September 26, 2011, 12:28:21 PM

Yes... I enjoy winning! I like it more then being right, but being right just comes natural. Or should I say, its easy when most of you are so wrong.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 26, 2011, 12:37:23 PM

The best part of yesterdays game is that the offense was so inept, the Falcons will have no film to study for the next match up!

NOI, but...  I think "inept" may be a bit of a stretch.  We won - but did so with physicallity.  Not due to brilliant design, or brilliant play on Freeman's behalf.

In their blush sessions, you can bet your left nut that there are more than a few Falcons that will get called on the floor for simply being "out-muscled".

We did NOT give them a ton of tape to "disect" and expect to benefit from.  It's not like there's a ton of "techinique errors" they can improve on.

There's no drill to correct the "you got your ass whipped" Sunday.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : September 26, 2011, 12:40:09 PM

We started the game by getting a sack/fumble on inside our own 10 yard line and came away with no points. Later in the second quarter we had another sack/fumble inside our own 10 yard line again and had to settle for a field goal. It was pretty inept.

Draft Aaron Donald

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 26, 2011, 12:52:34 PM

We started the game by getting a sack/fumble on inside our own 10 yard line and came away with no points. Later in the second quarter we had another sack/fumble inside our own 10 yard line again and had to settle for a field goal. It was pretty inept.

I completely understand your principle, in terms of our team NOT capitalizing on those turnovers.  IF we had lost, I'd be right along side of you with that obsevartion - because you ARE right that we "left some points on the field"...

If we had lost - those two opportunities would be the elephant in the room.   You can bet that Rah's giving the team hell for NOT capitalizing on those opportunities.

I just think "inept" is a little harsh.  I'd personally call it "inopportunistic".

blackfoot

Second String
#40 : September 26, 2011, 01:22:18 PM

I enjoyed it and I am enjoying watching the D-line (all 8 guys) become the leaders of the D. Hope they don't mind sharing the leadership with the MLB and that old guy who plays DB with a smile on his face.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 26, 2011, 01:22:52 PM

Good thing Roddy White dropped that pass at the end. He would have broken a lot of hearts.

hahahahahahahahaa

wouldnt expect any different from you. Hard to show your face around here when we win huh??

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 26, 2011, 01:25:18 PM

I'm sorry for not being pc.  This thread is mentally challenged.

Too easy Skull...  You get asked TWO questions, but you choose to IGNORE either of them.  Ignorance may be blissfull, but it's no excuse.

It's not a matter of being PC or not. It's not a matter of "removing another word" from the English language.  It's about showing respect and dignity for a branch of our society that, more often than not is unable to defend themselves when someone offends them by using this word. I'm okay with nearly every other pejorative, derogatory word because I am able to defend myself, but those people can't defend themselves. Individuals with disabilities that are mocked because of something that they can do NOTHING about are often unable to say, "hey stop using that word." It is cruel, shameful and blatantly reveals a person's ignorance, especially when your use of the R word is done to denote a person's intelect level, as opposed to an individuals inability to fully function.

When you become a man, this will make more sense to you...

Show some imagination dude.  Make a post (or thread) that promotes YOUR position on any given matter.  Not your take on someone else's thoughts, but thoughts that belong to YOU.

What defines you is not your actions, but your reactions.  Unfortunately, you're unable to intellectually disagree with others without lowering yourself to a grade school level of commentary.

So...  I'll ask again...  Answer the friggin' question Skull...  What is "stupid or wrong" with the thread?

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 26, 2011, 01:29:33 PM

I enjoyed it and I am enjoying watching the D-line (all 8 guys) become the leaders of the D. Hope they don't mind sharing the leadership with the MLB and that old guy who plays DB with a smile on his face.

I'm with ya footy...  I DO believe a couple of these guys will separate themselves from the herd, and our alpha-male defender will emerge from the pack.

Every great defense always has one (or two) guys who become "the face" of the defense.  I'm sure we will too.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#44 : September 26, 2011, 01:38:25 PM

Quote from: BucsFTW
Yeah, We Won, But...  Did You REALLY Enjoy The Game...?

100% Yes.

Good points.

Bucs are 1st Place. Falcons are last place. This is the way it should be, always. I hate no team more than the Falcons (Yes, even more than the Eagles).

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yeah, We Won, But... Did You REALLY Enjoy The Game...? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools