Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need some speed at RB badly right now « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 26, 2011, 08:44:41 AM

COMBINE: 4.49 in the 40-yard dash 2.58 20-yard dash 1.53 10-yard dash 3.96 20-yard shuttle 11.13 60-yard shuttle 6.96 three-cone drill 33-inch vertical jump 8-foot-9 broad jump Bench-pressed 225 pounds 23 times

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=64630&draftyear=2011&genpos=RB

Bradford's combine numbers are very similar

COMBINE: 4.53 in the 40-yard dash 2.55 20-yard dash 1.59 10-yard dash 4.39 20-yard shuttle xxx 60-yard shuttle 6.97 three-cone drill 29-inch vertical jump 9-foot-5 broad jump Bench-pressed 225 pounds 28 times
and I was very excited about Bradford's potential when we drafted him.  but still waiting for him to show something.  RBs usually don't need a few years to develop.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 26, 2011, 09:52:42 AM

a legit change of pace is one of our top needs(along with LOG, CB and maybe even Safety).  we need a guy with some home run ability to pair  with Blount.  I wanted Sproles too but the reality is we were never going to give him the kind of money he got from NO to be our change of pace/3rd down guy. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 26, 2011, 10:03:54 AM

a legit change of pace is one of our top needs(along with LOG, CB and maybe even Safety).  we need a guy with some home run ability to pair  with Blount.  I wanted Sproles too but the reality is we were never going to give him the kind of money he got from NO to be our change of pace/3rd down guy.
NO got him cheap.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#18 : September 26, 2011, 10:31:05 AM

Zsnore, your sig makes No Sense.  That was BEFORE the Glaciers dumped everything they have into TheKickballClub. We're at the bottom of the NFL in terms of SPENDING since 2005.
10-6 in  2010 and 2-1 so far in 2011.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 26, 2011, 10:50:53 AM

NO got him cheap.

define cheap. 4 years for 14 mill isnt Johnson or Peterson money but its much more than we are paying our starting RB.  this regime isnt going to give that kind of money to a guy who'll get 8 touches a game.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#20 : September 26, 2011, 10:53:12 AM

NO got him cheap.

define cheap. 4 years for 14 mill isnt Johnson or Peterson money but its much more than we are paying our starting RB.

Earnest Graham is making over 2 million a year.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : September 26, 2011, 10:55:22 AM

im gonna keep saying it...preston parker for 3rd down back.  thats all the speed we need and we dont waste a roster spot.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 26, 2011, 11:01:09 AM

Sproles is a Saint. What is the point of drooling over a division rival now? That's right...there is no point.

As much as we dump it off to graham we do need someone that has some explosive ability to turn nothing into something. I'm looking at David Wilson and Doug Martin in next years draft, but as of right now I think we should cut Lumpkin and sign Tyrell Sutton, Chad Spann. Nic Grigsby, or try to trade for one of the Cowboy's RBs. We dump it off to Graham on 3rd down like 90% of the time. Having a shifty guy that can explode instead of Graham would be huge for the offense.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 26, 2011, 11:08:48 AM

i'm surprised that EG makes that much.  If he is making 2 mil then I'd rather be paying Sproles a little more since he is a game breaker.  but that is me.  again, that 4 yr 14 mill deal was obviously too rich for this regime for a part time player.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 26, 2011, 11:10:57 AM

NO got him cheap.

define cheap. 4 years for 14 mill isnt Johnson or Peterson money but its much more than we are paying our starting RB.  this regime isnt going to give that kind of money to a guy who'll get 8 touches a game.
that's about what our backup LB-Heyward got. 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 26, 2011, 11:14:51 AM

As much as we dump it off to graham we do need someone that has some explosive ability to turn nothing into something. I'm looking at David Wilson and Doug Martin in next years draft, but as of right now I think we should cut Lumpkin and sign Tyrell Sutton, Chad Spann. Nic Grigsby, or try to trade for one of the Cowboy's RBs. We dump it off to Graham on 3rd down like 90% of the time. Having a shifty guy that can explode instead of Graham would be huge for the offense.

would you really cut a veteran guy midseason that knows the offense&blocking schemes and has proven to be dependable (to the coaches/FO) in favor of a rookie?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Madman

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 26, 2011, 11:23:00 AM

It was an obvious offseason need.  I guess they thought Lumpkin could be that guy.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 26, 2011, 11:25:49 AM

It was an obvious offseason need.  I guess they thought Lumpkin could be that guy.

They must have but really hasn't shown anything.  This is an obvious need in the off-season for the Bucs

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : September 26, 2011, 12:01:42 PM

would you really cut a veteran guy midseason that knows the offense&blocking schemes and has proven to be dependable (to the coaches/FO) in favor of a rookie?

Yes. Lumpkin offers nothing. It's either that or move Bradford to the PS where someone will likely steal him. I guess it would depend on how the regime feels about Bradford and Lumpkin. There is no reason to have both guys on our roster though. If we cut Lumpkin, do you really think anyone is going to pick him up? If Graham was hurt and we needed him, he'd likely be at home, unemployed on his couch or playing in the Canadian league.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 26, 2011, 01:53:31 PM

Yes. Lumpkin offers nothing. It's either that or move Bradford to the PS where someone will likely steal him. I guess it would depend on how the regime feels about Bradford and Lumpkin. There is no reason to have both guys on our roster though. If we cut Lumpkin, do you really think anyone is going to pick him up? If Graham was hurt and we needed him, he'd likely be at home, unemployed on his couch or playing in the Canadian league.

steal Bradford??  They can have him.  That guy is Kyle Moore part II.  Another rotational USC player with good measurables but avg college production. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need some speed at RB badly right now « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools