Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Tanard Jackson Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 26, 2011, 09:07:14 PM

I'm not a particularly big fan of Cory Lynch. He's better as a pass defender than he is vs. the run but I'm not sure he's all that great at either. It's possible that the Bucs best combo right now is Assante and Jones with Assante moving into the box when they don't split the field.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

yungry bucs

Second String

#16 : September 27, 2011, 01:07:52 AM

Heck I know I sure do, and then I'd polish it off with a tall cool budweiser.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 27, 2011, 01:15:34 AM

That hit might draw a flag these days.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

meatwad4343

Starter

#18 : September 27, 2011, 01:38:51 AM

lol seeing hovan and haye on the dline in that highlight made me throw up a little.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 27, 2011, 05:00:26 AM

Grimm excels in run support, Lynch excels in pass defense. J-Jack is the perfect combination, if he returns to form.

if he returns to form. I personally have a feeling he won't. I'm not sure if anybody else noticed but the couple of games he played before he got suspended weren't even that good. He actually played pretty bad. I remember specifically watching him in the Giants game and thinking he was playing like a rookie and not as fearless as he usually does. I hope for the best case scenario in which he comes back and is an awesome football player but I doubt it plays out like that.

I noticed that as well. TJack has always been overrated in my book. He is a big hitter who makes way too many mental errors. Lynch is also a pretty solid open field tackler, as can be seen on special teams. He made this team on special teams the past few years, and not because he wasn't any good at tackling.

I'd rather see a healthy Ahmad Black make the active roster. As far as the new #3 safety, I much prefer Asante, or even Holland as the new back-up over TJack. At least they have upside. TJack just has too many question marks. I believe if he was clean he would have been reinstated already.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

yungry bucs

Second String

#20 : September 27, 2011, 10:58:48 AM

lol seeing hovan and haye on the dline in that highlight made me throw up a little.

lol thats not the point, tanard is a absolute freak

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#21 : September 27, 2011, 11:02:18 AM

I don't.  there is no way he would be prepared by then.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#22 : September 27, 2011, 11:03:49 AM

Damn that hit just reminded me of last nights game between the BOYS vs SKINS Laron Landry dismantled Lourent Robinson...hahah wow what a hit

buddah

Starter
#23 : September 27, 2011, 12:02:03 PM

TJack is one of the best safeties in the league and would have been a first round draft choice if not for character questions.  I'd take him over any safety on our roster in a heartbeat.  No matter what the Bucs say, they will take him back.  They'd be crazy not to take him back.  The Falcons or Saints would pick him up immediately.  I don't get why there's no news about him.  It's been a year; he's taken his punishment.  As far as we know, he only smoked weed, which should be legal anyway.  Of course, he should have known better.  But unless there's more to this than meets the eye, I can't figure out why he isn't being reinstated.  A year is a year.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 27, 2011, 12:11:50 PM

TJack is one of the best safeties in the league and would have been a first round draft choice if not for character questions.
disagree (although I was a fan) and no he would not have been.  Late 2nd rounder at best.  what knocked him down to the 4th more than anything was that he was a CB that wasn't athletic enough to play it in the NFL, thus forcing a move to Safety.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 27, 2011, 01:11:05 PM

TJack is one of the best safeties in the league and would have been a first round draft choice if not for character questions.

This is just complete nonsense. I think you're getting Syracuse players mixed up.

Jackson was a 4th round CB who the Bucs selected because they thought he could be a solid safety. Nobody was taking him earlier.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 27, 2011, 01:17:37 PM

Jackson was a round 2 talent but had character concerns, unimpressive combine, and bad interview.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 27, 2011, 01:23:22 PM

I'd like to see Anthony Gaitor get on the field....Tanard isn't even part of our team right now.

Draft Aaron Donald

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#28 : September 27, 2011, 01:54:34 PM

If we don't hear anything today, I'm going to assume hes not coming back

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#29 : September 27, 2011, 02:20:37 PM

I think that hit might actually still be legal. He didn't launch, hit him with his shoulder, didn't hit Clark's helmet. The only question is the defenseless receiver rule, which I honestly don't understand

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Tanard Jackson Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools