Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Tanard Jackson Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 27, 2011, 03:46:17 PM

Ferris Bueller's Day Off 2011, starring Tanard Jackson!!

Has anyone heard from "Bueller"??

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 27, 2011, 03:49:27 PM

Ben Stein is the effin' MAN.

*Ahem* Now then...

Nope, haven't seen hide nor bong of him...

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#32 : September 27, 2011, 03:51:28 PM

cool...another Tanard Jackson thread.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 27, 2011, 03:52:00 PM

Just heard a player on radio intimate that they are waiting on league... ..That the league has to take the first step in getting process underway.. Silence so far..

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : September 27, 2011, 04:06:12 PM

I think that hit might actually still be legal. He didn't launch, hit him with his shoulder, didn't hit Clark's helmet. The only question is the defenseless receiver rule, which I honestly don't understand

I don't either. There was a 15 yard penalty in last night's game right at the end and it was horrible. It was 3rd and short, the receiver took a few steps and had the ball thrown to him. There were two Cowboy defenders right in his face since it was literally a three yard pass and they clobbered him as soon as he caught the ball. Neither hit him above the shoulders, but it was 15 yards for hitting a defenseless player. WTF were the defenders suppose to do? Let him have the 1st down? It's just a ridiculous rule and it needs to go away ASAP.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 27, 2011, 04:07:04 PM

I'd like to see Anthony Gaitor get on the field....Tanard isn't even part of our team right now.

Me too. Loved his play in the preseason.

bucshot420

Starter

#36 : September 27, 2011, 04:29:18 PM

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Tanard pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#37 : September 27, 2011, 06:30:25 PM

I think that hit might actually still be legal. He didn't launch, hit him with his shoulder, didn't hit Clark's helmet. The only question is the defenseless receiver rule, which I honestly don't understand

I don't either. There was a 15 yard penalty in last night's game right at the end and it was horrible. It was 3rd and short, the receiver took a few steps and had the ball thrown to him. There were two Cowboy defenders right in his face since it was literally a three yard pass and they clobbered him as soon as he caught the ball. Neither hit him above the shoulders, but it was 15 yards for hitting a defenseless player. WTF were the defenders suppose to do? Let him have the 1st down? It's just a ridiculous rule and it needs to go away ASAP.
I agree, it seems like you have to let them catch the ball. But, I thought for sure the Landry hit was going to be a flag. I'm not sure if that receiver could have been any more defenseless. But no flag was thrown. I don't get it.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 27, 2011, 06:42:12 PM

It would be  safe bet the officials are just as confused by these new rules as we are. I like Warren Sapp's attitude on that; if you're anywhere between those sidelines and are 'defenseless' (i. e., not paying attention), you DESERVE to get hit!

blackthoughtz

Starter

#39 : September 27, 2011, 07:00:51 PM

Grimm excels in run support, Lynch excels in pass defense. J-Jack is the perfect combination, if he returns to form.

if he returns to form. I personally have a feeling he won't. I'm not sure if anybody else noticed but the couple of games he played before he got suspended weren't even that good. He actually played pretty bad. I remember specifically watching him in the Giants game and thinking he was playing like a rookie and not as fearless as he usually does. I hope for the best case scenario in which he comes back and is an awesome football player but I doubt it plays out like that.

Why wouldn't he return to form he didn't have a major injury he's just suspended. He probably just needs a little conditioning. He looked in shale from lockout pictures though

\\\"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.\\\"

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : September 27, 2011, 07:03:40 PM

Grimm excels in run support, Lynch excels in pass defense. J-Jack is the perfect combination, if he returns to form.
Not so good at tackling - just my very humble opinion

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Ron Swanson

Starter

#41 : September 27, 2011, 07:23:40 PM

I'd like to see Anthony Gaitor get on the field....Tanard isn't even part of our team right now.

I want to see Gaitor too! but seeing Tanard on the field Monday would be awesome! if only for the fact that he'd be back a part of the team.  :)

\"When I eat it is the food that is scared.\" -R.S.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 27, 2011, 07:55:51 PM

+1

Tanard, if/when reinstated is going to take at least a week or two to get on the field. No way he makes it on the field for this game.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : September 27, 2011, 08:13:55 PM

It would be  safe bet the officials are just as confused by these new rules as we are. I like Warren Sapp's attitude on that; if you're anywhere between those sidelines and are 'defenseless' (i. e., not paying attention), you DESERVE to get hit!

Exactly. If a receiver doesn't recognize zone coverage and goes running across the field waving his arm like he's open, then he deserves to get lit up.  If the QB throws a bad throw that puts his receiver in a bad situation, then he deserves to get lit up. Why is the defense being penalized for bad play by the offense? Why are we forcing the defense to play bad to offset bad offensive play? It is ridiculous.

If they want to keep the rule about hitting above the shoulders, then that is fine, but the whole idea of the defenseless receiver penalty is a horrible joke and I pray it is abolished next year. I mean the rule states you have to give the receiver am opportunity to turn and defend himself before hitting him....how does that make sense to anyone? It's like making a rule that you have to allow the QB to attempt to throw before sacking him. It makes absolutely no sense. From pee wee football on you are taught to time your hits just right to cause the incompletion. It's a fundamental part of the game. Now all the sudden it is against the rules and you have to allow the receiver to catch the ball and then defend himself? How far down the pike is two hand touch?

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#44 : September 27, 2011, 08:57:32 PM

Corey Lynch gave up that 3rd or 4th and 25(?) against the Falcons(Roddy White) last season on one of their last drives of the game. I don't think he's particularly good at anything except for special teams. He has looked good this year in limited action...hopefully he can keep that level of play up.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Tanard Jackson Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools