Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: my apologies « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 27, 2011, 12:42:49 AM

Trueblood's biggest problem has always been stupid penalties. When it comes to doing his job, he is a very good run blocking and an average pass blocker that will struggle against elite LEs......but most RTs do. That's why they are RTs and not making the big bucs at LT. Trueblood cleaned up the penalties last year and was playing well before the injury. That is why I never understood why everyone wanted him gone and attacked me for saying we should resign him to compete with James Lee. I admit that I thought James Lee would win the starting role, but that was because he looked great last year, not because I thought Trueblood was bad. Sure glad we resigned him now. If we didn't and were forced to start James Lee these past 3 weeks....I don't think we would be 2-1 and Freeman would probably be hurt already. I don't understand what happen to James Lee but he went from stud to total dud in just one offseason.

Don't give up on Lee yet. He had a few bad snaps in pre-season. As for Trueblood last year, I think he has been overrated as a run blocker, and he absolutley sucked at picking up his man during blitzes, not to mention all the stupid penalties. I can't comment on this year too much because I can't re-watch the games to double check on him and I have a crap connection while watching. It sucks. All I can say is let him do it for longer than three games before you crown his aZZ. For the record, I was for signing him as a back-up, too. I'm glad he's playing better, but I won't apologize for commenting on his previous bad play.

BP has been injured, who would say he sucks prior to seeing him? I actually thought he was a prototypical 3 tech coming out of college. I was surprised they picked him right after picking McCoy, but he looks great at NT this year. Hope he stays healthy. Price and McCoy are getting consistent penetration up the middle, and causing problems. Looking good.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 27, 2011, 12:50:33 AM

^^^^^^ Trueblood had very few penalties last year......didnt we just cover this? like the post right before yours. Before last year, yes, he had a bunch of penalties, often at bad times. Last year and so far this year, not a problem at all.

No one has crowned him anything. People are simply acknowledging hes been playing pretty lights out. The right side of the line is playing great in the run game and holding up pretty good against the pass rush. Joseph and Trueblood have been the best O-linemen so far this year.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 27, 2011, 01:21:04 AM

Joseph and Trueblood have been the best O-linemen so far this year.

I don't know about that. Penn has faced KGB, Jared Allen, and John Abraham his first three weeks and has only given up one sack....which was really on Free for holding onto the ball to long. Penn has been outstanding so far imo.

Draft Aaron Donald

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 27, 2011, 01:30:28 AM

yea im sure those weren't your exact words..
Yes, they pretty much were.

I can vouch for B-man pimping Price and True long ago.

As far as True goes, he has matured quite a bit.  Playing great right now.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 27, 2011, 01:38:16 AM

I really never thought there was anything wrong with resigning those guys. Prowl and others couldn't stop complaining about how we never did anything to address oline. I said we had the same guys last year and freeman didn't get killed. They are playing well right now. Far from what people thought they would be.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 27, 2011, 02:35:28 AM

Faine and Zuttah are the guys I would like to see upgrades for. Trueblood was a problem under Gruden and in '09, but he was better last year. He always had a needed nasty disposition. He just needed to control it a little better. Price came into the league with injury issues. If he ever gets completely healthy nobody on this board will complain about not getting Suh. This DL is going to be amazing in the years to come. I hope to be able to say that about the OL in a year or two.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 27, 2011, 03:51:35 AM

^^^^^^ Trueblood had very few penalties last year......didnt we just cover this? like the post right before yours. Before last year, yes, he had a bunch of penalties, often at bad times. Last year and so far this year, not a problem at all.

He only started seven games last year and had two false starts, so it's not like he cleaned up his act. It's hard to committ penalties when you are riding the pine. Like I said, get back to me later in the year as far as that goes. If he goes three more games without a penalty, I will give him an attaboy. Three games can be misleading.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#22 : September 27, 2011, 04:13:15 AM

Cohesion and the commitment/trust the FO showed these guys probably has something todo with them ball'n right now. Also if your into trends we play better in the 2nd half(pretty much has been true, so far), this team has also shown to play better towards the end of the season as well. A good start in the W column is huge!

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

freddy

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 27, 2011, 08:24:08 AM

He only started seven games last year and had two false starts, so it's not like he cleaned up his act. It's hard to committ penalties when you are riding the pine. Like I said, get back to me later in the year as far as that goes. If he goes three more games without a penalty, I will give him an attaboy. Three games can be misleading.

lets see -

2010 Offensive line penalties
TB = 4
Davin = 5
Zuttah = 5
Penn = 5 (with 1 declined)
Larsen = 6 (with 1 declined)
Lee = 6 (with 1 declined)

Gee, look at that, even though he played more games than most, he had the fewest penalties of all linemen in 2010.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 27, 2011, 08:24:40 AM

It looks like Trueblood needed to see what the bench looked like last year to get him to refocus.  MD gave him a decent contract but only for two years and made him come out and prove he is the guy and so far, so good.   Price is my new hero.   He has to be an inspiration to this team to play through the pain and injury that he has and never complain and now is a true difference maker on the field.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 27, 2011, 08:46:00 AM

BP has been injured, who would say he sucks prior to seeing him?

ha, good one.
: September 27, 2011, 08:48:21 AM GameTime

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

freddy

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 27, 2011, 08:46:19 AM

It looks like Trueblood needed to see what the bench looked like last year to get him to refocus.  MD gave him a decent contract but only for two years and made him come out and prove he is the guy and so far, so good.   Price is my new hero.   He has to be an inspiration to this team to play through the pain and injury that he has and never complain and now is a true difference maker on the field.

I think TB played like a wild child his first few years just trying to out fight everyone and losing control too many times. It looks like he has really calmed down and as a result greatly reduced his penalties and improved his blocking. As for Price, I have always said I thought he could be great, I was just concerned he might have been brought back from injury too soon. Looks like I need not have concern about that.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 27, 2011, 08:55:43 AM

Why does price have to be "better" than McCoy?  Do we remember Brad and Warren in the early days?  Brad was the brains and took the doubles so Warren could win the one on ones.  This front four has to learn to play together.  They've all flashed.  Maybe some more than others but we know we are on the cusp of having something good with these guys.  When they learn to play together and sellout for each other they will be scary.  Leave McCoy alone.  Dude is still learning and still flashing along the way.  Let him be G. McCoy and quit wishing he was something or someone else...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

freddy

Hall of Famer
#28 : September 27, 2011, 09:02:13 AM

Why does price have to be "better" than McCoy?  Do we remember Brad and Warren in the early days?  Brad was the brains and took the doubles so Warren could win the one on ones.  This front four has to learn to play together.  They've all flashed.  Maybe some more than others but we know we are on the cusp of having something good with these guys.  When they learn to play together and sellout for each other they will be scary.  Leave McCoy alone.  Dude is still learning and still flashing along the way.  Let him be G. McCoy and quit wishing he was something or someone else...

+1

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#29 : September 27, 2011, 10:39:52 AM

After watching Trueblood for these first three weeks, and watching Doug Free get his QB murdered on the regular....I am sure glad things worked out the way they did. I'm not apologizing though, cause I said all along we should resign Trueblood....I just assumed he'd be the 2nd stringer. Good for him though. Glad to see him stepping up and playing well.

this sounds like an apology...lol
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: my apologies « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools