Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Asomugha « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#75 : September 30, 2011, 03:59:47 PM

In theory:  If the Bucs had Aso, would Aso start and Barber come in on passing plays as the 3rd CB???

So far Barber has played at a high level. I would hate to think that Barber would have been on the bench for some of the opportunistic plays that he has made in 3 games.  Defensive player of the week playing part time????

Teams are actually in a 3-WR set more than any other AND 3 or more approximately half the time.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2011/formation-analysis-number-wrs-part-ii

This link shows that teams line up with the following...
1 WR - 11% of the time
2 WR - 38% of the time
3 WR - 43% of the time
4+ WR - 8% of the time

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#76 : September 30, 2011, 04:01:41 PM

Aso is worth every penny.  as a man to man cornerback, he is certifiable.  He is learning how to adapt to the zone.  Giving up a TD is not my idea of him "not earning his money".  That is stupid.  And drinking of the haterade.

Aso is a solid tackler, he is asked to play in some strange scheme the coaches have decided to go with, and putting him into zone hybrid mode.  Just let the guy cover, and the coaches have no issues. The Eagles have been puzzling this year.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#77 : September 30, 2011, 04:09:29 PM

Aso is worth every penny.  as a man to man cornerback, he is certifiable.  He is learning how to adapt to the zone.  Giving up a TD is not my idea of him "not earning his money".  That is stupid.  And drinking of the haterade.

Aso is a solid tackler, he is asked to play in some strange scheme the coaches have decided to go with, and putting him into zone hybrid mode.  Just let the guy cover, and the coaches have no issues. The Eagles have been puzzling this year.

Eagles aren't puzzling at all.  Their LB's blow junks and everyone knows it.  If they aren't the worst in the league, they are darn close.  Their DT's and DE's are ok, decent... but if a RB gets through... they pick up 10-20 yards, not 6-7.  Their safties are suspect, but they aren't terrible.  The biggest problem the Eagles have is when teams have a guy to slant across the middle (slot WR, TE, or RB), and make a catch.  Against most teams, those are 3-7 yard gains... against the Eagles, they are 10-15.  The Eagles staff knew this going into the season and don't really care.  Their thinking was that their offense will outscore the other offense... and more times than not, they will... providing everyone (primarily Vick and McCoy), is healthy.  This is why they will probably win about 10 or 11 games and lose early in the post-season.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#78 : September 30, 2011, 04:19:08 PM

Im glad we didnt get him. I think there will be a time when we will get our big free agent signing but right now is not the time imo. Let these young guys get used to their locker room and the buc ways and then we can get a guy in here to help. Not a savior, not a hero, a guy whos gonna fit into our locker room and understands that he has a role to help win the team a championship. Right now a guy like Nnamdi coming in could be good but a guy with that salary could make a locker room a little unsteady. Lets let this team grow up together and invite somebody into the locker room. Not a guy who is on his own in the locker room.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#79 : September 30, 2011, 04:27:00 PM

In theory:  If the Bucs had Aso, would Aso start and Barber come in on passing plays as the 3rd CB???

So far Barber has played at a high level. I would hate to think that Barber would have been on the bench for some of the opportunistic plays that he has made in 3 games.  Defensive player of the week playing part time????

this is a good point.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#80 : September 30, 2011, 04:29:05 PM

Granted 3 CB are on the field around 50% of the time.

If Aso is a Buc, who sits for the 50% of the time that 3 CB's are not on the field???

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#81 : September 30, 2011, 04:31:55 PM

I think there will be a time when we will get our big free agent signing but right now is not the time imo. Let these young guys get used to their locker room and the buc ways and then we can get a guy in here to help. Not a savior, not a hero, a guy whos gonna fit into our locker room and understands that he has a role to help win the team a championship. Right now a guy like Nnamdi coming in could be good but a guy with that salary could make a locker room a little unsteady. Lets let this team grow up together and invite somebody into the locker room. Not a guy who is on his own in the locker room.

couldnt have said it better.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#82 : September 30, 2011, 04:34:00 PM

If Aso is a Buc, who sits for the 50% of the time that 3 CB's are not on the field???

If I only need to play Ronde 50% of the time and (possibly), get him for 1 more year because of it... SIGN ME UP!!  We don't know what will come of Biggers or Talib in the future.  If we (could) get 1 more year of Ronde until we figure it out... I'm happy!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#83 : September 30, 2011, 04:35:18 PM

Aso is a solid tackler,

while i wont argue this point, his sideline mistackle on cruz has been re-played 1489 times on ESPN this week.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#84 : September 30, 2011, 04:52:59 PM

The DEs are ok? The Eagles have 2 of the best DEs in football.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#85 : September 30, 2011, 05:19:13 PM

Probably a LB.  Ronde wouldn't come off of the field.  Ronde played some SLB last season, and he's done it this year too.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#86 : October 01, 2011, 06:00:53 AM

I take Aso over Biggers any day. With the Bucs using more and more man coverage than cover 2 ASO might have been the difference in the Lions game. Against Atlanta, Julio gets shutdown with ASO on him. Bad call by Bucs not going after him.

Talib got burned twice by Megatron. Biggers gave up zero TD's. Try again.

Biggers was getting abused by the Falcons in the 4th quarter did you not even see that? It was in plain sight!

Of course I did. He looked like JV. So did ASo(look like JV). EVERY CB gets burned in games. Biggers looked bad and didn't give up a score. Aso, and talib looked bad and gave up scores. I'm sorry that the facts aren't convenient to your viewpoint.

The fact remains, Aso would not have been any better than Biggers in the Detroit game, because Biggers didn't get burned. try again.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#87 : October 01, 2011, 06:17:58 AM

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. I agree with IslandBuc 100%.

Don't get me wrong. Aso is a great corner. Truth is, all corners get beat at some point. NO EXCEPTIONS. But, Aso as our #3 CB makes no sense IMO.

Ronde would have to sit if we signed Aso, and he was the NFC defensive player of the week last week. Great player doesn't=great fit on every team. Just sayin'.
: October 01, 2011, 06:21:06 AM GrimmReaper

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Asomugha « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools