Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Red Tide outbreak threatens Swamp « previous next »
Page: 1

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
: October 01, 2011, 08:21:15 PM

Truly the game of the week.

Very first play Brantley hits a 65 yrd TD pass. Bama got Wiesed.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 01, 2011, 08:29:23 PM

Florida has a good run D but Bama is still shoving it right down their throat.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 01, 2011, 10:39:19 PM

Well bad day for UF, first Demps is hurt, Rainey is a non-factor, then Brantley is knocked out. Frosh QB, no running game, and Bama's D = visitor's win

kingjsun73

Practice Squad
#3 : October 02, 2011, 12:42:56 AM

Roll Tide! Now we will see if Muschamp can really coach.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 02, 2011, 09:06:07 AM

quite possibly its 24-17 if brantley doesnt get injured...could be a different game in the 2nd half.  but bama was definitely head and shoulders better.

was very surprised at how bama owned both LOS.  thought UF would have matched up better.  UF isnt quite as close as i thought.

never realized i would miss brantley so much.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 02, 2011, 09:46:57 AM

losing brantley definately hurt you guys lastnight. say what you want about him, but he was still the most experienced qb on the roster  and that counts for something. my question is how did your qb depth get so thin? did meyer just not recruit anyone for 2 years?

i really thought your dline would keep the tide rungame in check to some degree. you cant really shut down a running game like that, but you can usually limit it. i was really surprised. i was expecting something like a 21-17 type victory for alabama, not that..

looks like you guys got a piece of what weve been going through, no running game = losing effort.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 02, 2011, 11:17:38 AM

most of the QB's that worked with Meyers offense were more or less runners rather than throwers...burton, reed, etc.  they dont fit as well in Weis' attack.  i think murphy is capable, but he isnt the future.

i thought the DL would get some penetration to slow down richardson...but he had no trouble at all.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 02, 2011, 12:10:33 PM

The DTs did get some penetration, problem was Richardson just bounced off them and the LBs didn't follow up.

Not sure why Richardson isn't getting more Heisman hype, dude is a monster.

FL had ZERO run game. Those little fast backs got nothing vs Bama's DL.

UF got outclassed by a team with possibly 4 or more first rounders on the roster. Wouldn't mind Hightower or one of those CBs in Tampa next April

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 02, 2011, 12:32:51 PM

all they needed was a crease...but UF OL had nothing to offer in that dept.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 03, 2011, 09:03:54 AM

The DTs did get some penetration, problem was Richardson just bounced off them and the LBs didn't follow up.

Not sure why Richardson isn't getting more Heisman hype, dude is a monster.

UF got outclassed by a team with possibly 4 or more first rounders on the roster. Wouldn't mind Hightower or one of those CBs in Tampa next April

Indeed, Bama is loaded with NFL prospects.

RaysBucsnBolts

Second String

#10 : October 04, 2011, 09:17:26 PM

Sad to see brantley go down, he looked like he was on fire to start that game.  Coach boom just needs time to get his recruits in there.  My #1 wish: a big, bruising running back.  Scatbacks are getting rather old

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 05, 2011, 09:58:08 AM

big bruisers wouldnt have helped against bama.  still need holes.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Red Tide outbreak threatens Swamp « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools