Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offensive Line Again Playing Solid « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
: October 04, 2011, 12:32:35 AM

The offensive line yet again helps us big time in winning the game. They played great considering they were facing Freeney and Mathis. So far Joesph and Trueblood are living up to their contracts!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 04, 2011, 12:33:07 AM

I can't use the word great, but they were scrappy.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 04, 2011, 12:36:04 AM

other than the 8 penalties....they did well.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 04, 2011, 12:37:05 AM

other than the 8 penalties....they did well.

Really you're going to blame them did you not see some of the stuff the refs were calling? You can't blame them either when you have pass rushers like Mathis and Freeney coming at your QB

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 04, 2011, 12:38:00 AM

What game were you watching?  Holding penalties left and right and very few holes in the run game.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 04, 2011, 12:39:37 AM

What game were you watching?  Holding penalties left and right and very few holes in the run game.

Yeah too bad they didn't open up a huge hole for Blount all night  ::)

-ts

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 04, 2011, 12:41:33 AM

I have to say, even with the penalties, I think they did decent against a good DL. They take a lot of hate, much of it deserved but they did a good job keeping the best tandem of DE's off the QB for most of the game, and Blount had enough holes to rush for 127 yards. He carried people a lot of time but on a lot of plays he had room to run.

Penalties were horrid the whole night, the team as a whole was sloppy and I can't just say it was the OL. Officiating was over the top as well.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 04, 2011, 12:45:40 AM

Best DEs don't mean much when they are facing rookie practice squad DTs. They SHOULD have dominated. They did ok, but Blount had to make his own holes on most of his runs and they did draw a lot of penalties. I don't see the O-line as a bright spot in tonight's game.

flaitguy

Starter
#8 : October 04, 2011, 12:48:56 AM

We almost got 200 yards on the ground. Minus penalties it would have been alot more. I thought they were very solid against a good defensive front.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 04, 2011, 01:00:48 AM

True had no holding penalties and Davin and Penn each had one. That is pretty standard for how many pass plays we ended up running. THey didn't play great but they played well given the task at hand. And they did open up a decent amount of holes in the run game, this same Colt's Defense held Mendenhall to less than 2.0 ypc lest you forget.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 04, 2011, 01:02:22 AM

I expected some holding penalties because we were playing against two of the best pass rushers in the game and probably the best duo but outside of the holds they played fairly well. Still have room for improvement but so do most people on the team.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#11 : October 04, 2011, 01:04:35 AM

The offensive line is carrying Freeman right now.

BuccaNova

Starter
#12 : October 04, 2011, 01:06:56 AM

Troll.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 04, 2011, 01:07:24 AM

Blount got 50 yards after contact, there were plenty of runs where he was getting hit in the backfield. Freeman scrambling and making plays with his feet + the Johnson option run also adds to this mirage that the OL was opening holes.

Trueblood was getting his butt whooped by Mathis, especially in the 2nd half.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 04, 2011, 01:08:29 AM

There were times where Josh had ALL FRIGGIN DAY back there.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offensive Line Again Playing Solid « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools