Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offensive Line Again Playing Solid « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#105 : October 06, 2011, 12:48:03 PM

They were neither an asset nor a liability.

Not an asset?  Are you kidding?  Cmon man?  Blount had 120 plus on the ground and we had the ball for 39 freaking minutes in the game.  Now those two stats speak directly to the performance of your oline maybe they weren't stellar but no asset, that's down right hateration.  Some of yall need to back up off these boys, they are playing hard, they are playing tough, and they are in full protect mode.  A bit more chippy and mouthy than I like as I want to see you back it up during the play, but certainly nothing wrong with standing up and being the true protectors we all want to see...
I know that seems exceptional if all you do is watch Bucs games, but ten different RB's had at least 97 yards rushing this past weekend and seven of them had a higher YPC than Blount. Across the entire NFL they were just above average in the rushing department. They also gave up two sacks. Eleven teams gave up zero sacks and seven teams gave up one sack. So the Bucs were below average in that category. As I said, they were neither an asset nor a liability.

Dude I watch Bucs games because I'm a Bucs fan I could care less than a damn about how another team is running it, throwing it, or doing them in combination.  I do know that by anyone's standards, save the haters of this oline on this board, a 120+ ground game and TOP of 39 minutes is a banner day for the oline.  Here according to you that's not even an asset to the team.  As if they (the oline) weren't there Blount, Free, and company would have done 100% better without the boys up front. Like we didn't need them to get this done?  That's crazy talk to me, I'm sorry.  There's just no way to get down with this statement "they weren't a liability or an asset"  REALLY?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offensive Line Again Playing Solid « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools