Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offensive Line Again Playing Solid « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 04, 2011, 01:09:16 AM

Blount got 50 yards after contact, there were plenty of runs where he was getting hit in the backfield. Freeman scrambling and making plays with his feet + the Johnson option run also adds to this mirage that the OL was opening holes.

Trueblood was getting his butt whooped by Mathis, especially in the 2nd half.

Bro of course he had trouble Robert Mathis is a monster

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 04, 2011, 07:03:07 AM

They were neither an asset nor a liability.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 04, 2011, 08:06:10 AM

They need to play good every week. I'm not going to crown them yet.

On the big Blount run Gruden praised Davin Joseph, but Joseph kinda whiffed his guy. He did occupy the guy and it all worked out, but it wasn't a huge block I was looking for. Trueblood, and Zuttah had very good blocks on that play.

Overall, they played good. They need to prove themselves every week. I'm not going to say they are there yet until they do it consistently....and without the penalties.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

buchead

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 04, 2011, 09:06:10 AM

I will say this. When Dwight Freeney wasn't spinning in circles he was coming at a sideways angle. Basically putting his outside shoulder directly into the linemens gut. No way for Penn to block this guy other than hug him. What was he to do.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 04, 2011, 09:15:32 AM

Mathis/Freeney abused Trueblood, and Penn wasn't called for several holding penalties.  The Bucs o-line performance overall was average, so I am not happy with what I have seen thus far.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 04, 2011, 09:17:34 AM

Abused Trueblood? They are the best pass rushing Tandem in the NFl and he had one holding penalty all night. How did he get abused?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 04, 2011, 09:20:26 AM

I didn't see the play, but someone told me that the holding call on Joseph was pretty much a phantom call. 

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#22 : October 04, 2011, 09:23:57 AM

We almost got 200 yards on the ground. Minus penalties it would have been alot more. I thought they were very solid against a good defensive front.

a total of 192 yard rushing and 2 sacks allowed and people are acting like they blew. laff

freddy

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 04, 2011, 09:25:09 AM

LOL once again the Line did an AWESOME job. They went up against probably the best sack master DE tandem in the league. Sure Mathis made a few plays, I would hope a perennial all pro and double digit sack master would. Geesch. Some people just plain refuse to give the Oline it's due credit.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#24 : October 04, 2011, 09:25:16 AM

Mathis/Freeney abused Trueblood, and Penn wasn't called for several holding penalties.  The Bucs o-line performance overall was average, so I am not happy with what I have seen thus far.

negatory. and Free's sack to end the 1st half was his own fault in my estimate

chad1336

Starter

#25 : October 04, 2011, 09:27:46 AM

GREAT WALL!!!  Chidi's right.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 04, 2011, 09:47:59 AM

First off, it's a shame people think that was "solid" offensive line play.  Save the long TD run (where the OL, Stocker, Lorig, and Benn all had excellent blocks) Blount was dragging guys all night long.  The TD should show you people what happens when the OL actually blocks, not when you just think they did a good job.

The pass protection was sloppy at best.  There were only a couple plays where Freeman had time in the pocket to throw the ball down the field.

Abused Trueblood? They are the best pass rushing Tandem in the NFl and he had one holding penalty all night. How did he get abused?

Wait a second, you say Doug Free was abused in games where he played much better than Trueblood did last night - yet Trueblood wasn't abused?  How do you not see your blatant hypocrisy?

Or maybe it's just homerism.

I didn't see the play, but someone told me that the holding call on Joseph was pretty much a phantom call. 

It was a legit call.

LOL once again the Line did an AWESOME job.

LMAO.  Thanks for confirming the fact you don't what the hell you're talking about.  You and BuddyHobbs are two peas in a pod.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 04, 2011, 09:50:11 AM

LMAO.  Thanks for confirming the fact you don't what the hell you're talking about.  You and BuddyHobbs are two peas in a pod.

LOL, no thank you for confirming that you are nothing but a negative Nancy duesch bag. You couldn't give a single Bucs credit even if your life depended on it could you. Please please please, go find another team to "root" for, we already have enough Java types here. LOL a good win last night and so far EVERY single post by you since is negative. just lol.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 04, 2011, 10:38:05 AM

Quote from: biggs3535

Wait a second, you say Doug Free was abused in games where he played much better than Trueblood did last night - yet Trueblood wasn't abused?  How do you not see your blatant hypocrisy?

Or maybe it's just homerism.

You are ridiculous son. Doug Free has been horrible and gotten his QB crushed every game this year. Trueblood had one hold and allowed no sacks against one of the best LEs in the game. It's not an issue of my homerism, it's just your usual obsession with trying to always look correct even when there is nothing to back up your argument. It's laughable. Now go look up some post from 3 years ago to show someone was wrong about something.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 04, 2011, 10:41:12 AM

The line was far from "awesome". People get too caught up on the ibig plays and forget about the rest of what happened. They played average the whole game, if we balance out the highs/lows.

Problem with the OL is that we can't run the ball on the left side. Zuttah is solid but he is a horrible seal blocker. I saw him yesterday many times in perfect position, good leverage, had his legs moving but he just couldn't seal the damn defender with his arms. I think if we were to get a stud LG, that could actually pin/seal it would make us much tougher to stop the run. Safeties are dropping in the box all on Joseph/Trueblood side. Its obvious teams don't respect our ability to run weakside when in the past we could make Joseph trap block with Sears/Penn sealing. Move Zoot to C, go grab a manchild LG in the off-season.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offensive Line Again Playing Solid « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools