Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offensive Line Again Playing Solid « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 04, 2011, 10:46:44 AM

If the Bucs want to be a power team, they need to upgrade their interior.  Moving Zuttah to center, and drafting a LG would help.  I had not complaints overall with the run blocking as TFLs were minimized.  Pass pro wasn't bad but it wasn't great.  I think Freeman was holding onto the ball at times too much because WR's were running into heavy zone coverages, and he had to settle for the underneath check downs.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 04, 2011, 10:48:19 AM

Quote from: Javabiggs3535
Abused Trueblood? They are the best pass rushing Tandem in the NFl and he had one holding penalty all night. How did he get abused?

Wait a second, you say Doug Free was abused in games where he played much better than Trueblood did last night - yet Trueblood wasn't abused?  How do you not see your blatant hypocrisy?

Or maybe it's just homerism.

..... it's just your usual obsession with trying to always look correct even when there is nothing to back up your argument. It's laughable. Now go look up some post from 3 years ago to show someone was wrong about something.

Could not have said it better myself.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 04, 2011, 10:50:56 AM

If the Bucs want to be a power team, they need to upgrade their interior.  Moving Zuttah to center, and drafting a LG would help.  I had not complaints overall with the run blocking as TFLs were minimized.  Pass pro wasn't bad but it wasn't great.  I think Freeman was holding onto the ball at times too much because WR's were running into heavy zone coverages, and he had to settle for the underneath check downs.

Question for ya, I know Freeman is big and all, but the QB sneaks, and most are not very secretive sneaks, are almost a sure thing this year. Which part of the line is that run in? The interior maybe? I have been a Faine in the past, but he is playing solid football and moving the pile when needed, like the sneaks. Sure the Line could have better players. We could also get a better QB too. But it looks like the OLine is far from the weakest area on the team right now.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 04, 2011, 10:53:05 AM

You could have Mahan at center, and Freeman would still deliver on those sneaks.  Dude is load to bring down.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 04, 2011, 10:55:13 AM

I'm pretty sure Freeman ran behind Penn on the sneak at the goal line.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 04, 2011, 10:55:20 AM

You could have Mahan at center, and Freeman would still deliver on those sneaks.  Dude is load to bring down.

OK then, just have Freeman hike it to himself if the center makes no difference, lets see how he does then. 

yes Freeman is big, but go watch those sneaks again, Faine pushed his man backwards every time so all Freeman had to do was fall forward.
: October 04, 2011, 11:01:01 AM Freddy

freddy

Hall of Famer
#36 : October 04, 2011, 11:00:36 AM

Nope just looked at it, Freeman went between Faine and Zuttah and Faine blew his man up. It was the exact same play at the 4th down at the end of the game.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 04, 2011, 11:01:36 AM

Not taking sides, but we were facing a rookie DT and a practice squad DT at that point. Just sayin.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 04, 2011, 11:02:42 AM

Not taking sides, but we were facing a rookie DT and a practice squad DT at that point. Just sayin.

I understand that, but it does not take away that Faine did his job and did it well, just like the rest of the OLine.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 04, 2011, 11:07:52 AM

Nope just looked at it, Freeman went between Faine and Zuttah and Faine blew his man up. It was the exact same play at the 4th down at the end of the game.
It may have been the C-LG gap or there abouts, but it looked like Penn stunted behind them. I swear I saw Penn's jersey underneath Freeman as he went in.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 04, 2011, 11:09:12 AM

Quote from: biggs3535
Abused Trueblood? They are the best pass rushing Tandem in the NFl and he had one holding penalty all night. How did he get abused?

Wait a second, you say Doug Free was abused in games where he played much better than Trueblood did last night - yet Trueblood wasn't abused?  How do you not see your blatant hypocrisy?

Or maybe it's just homerism.

You are ridiculous son. Doug Free has been horrible and gotten his QB crushed every game this year. Trueblood had one hold and allowed no sacks against one of the best LEs in the game. It's not an issue of my homerism, it's just your usual obsession with trying to always look correct even when there is nothing to back up your argument. It's laughable. Now go look up some post from 3 years ago to show someone was wrong about something.

Trueblood allowed no sacks, huh - what game were you watching?  Trueblood allowed 4 QBP's and 2 sacks last night.  It's either an issue of you being a homer, a flaming hypocrite, or flat out blind.  You can decide.

For the season, Trueblood has allowed 15 QBP's (shocker, among the league leaders) to Doug Free's 8 QBP's.  Have fun with that double-standard.
: October 04, 2011, 11:11:20 AM Biggs3535

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 04, 2011, 11:10:21 AM

It may have been the C-LG gap or there abouts, but it looked like Penn stunted behind them. I swear I saw Penn's jersey underneath Freeman as he went in.

Penn dove inside.  He was definitely under Freeman.  Faine and Zuttah got decent push too, though.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#42 : October 04, 2011, 11:12:57 AM

Biggs - Blah blah blah blah balh blah balh blah blah blah blah Ect.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 04, 2011, 11:14:04 AM

Penn dove inside. He was definitely under Freeman.

Again just watched it right now like 10 times. On the snap Penn drives straight forward and is in fact pushed back himself and into Freeman who already has the TD.   It's either an issue of you being a homer, a flaming hypocrite, or flat out blind.  You can decide.

Faine and Zuttah got decent push too, though.

at least you got something right.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 04, 2011, 11:21:49 AM

Biggs - Blah blah blah blah balh blah balh blah blah blah blah Ect.
master debater

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offensive Line Again Playing Solid « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools