Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone else sick of Pink October? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17

bashear

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 04, 2011, 01:45:39 AM

Not dreaming, dude. We are getting better treatments for cancer all the time.

You saying that medical research won't be able to cure cancer in 50 years? 100 years? 1000 years? Science is often cumulative, and the research we do today will inform researchers in the future.

Sorry you have to put up with pink. That must suck.

We will never see it in our lifetimes. Medicine might be able to slow it down but I doubt there will ever be a complete cure. Jmo.
Perhaps not, but we will persist, and we shall prevail. Future researchers will profit from the knowledge gained by today's scientific work.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 04, 2011, 01:50:10 AM

Man, you are some insecure manly men if pink bothers you. Pink is great. F'n Ditka wears pink. Get over it. It's a color like all the others. The stupid gay part of pink is in your head.  Which I guess is a concern, if you actually spend seconds worrying about that kind of thing.

You macho guys kill me. Is there nothing you can't act like fools over?

I have nothing against the color. I have an issue of being shoved down our throats. Do you honestly think the majority of players would wear all this stuff if it weren't mandated by the NFL.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 04, 2011, 01:51:54 AM

Man, you are some insecure manly men if pink bothers you. Pink is great. F'n Ditka wears pink. Get over it. It's a color like all the others. The stupid gay part of pink is in your head.  Which I guess is a concern, if you actually spend seconds worrying about that kind of thing.

I have nothing against the color. I have an issue of being shoved down our throats. Do you honestly think the majority of players would wear all this stuff if it weren't mandated by the NFL.

If I remember correctly Adam Hayward sure would

rikes

Starter

#33 : October 04, 2011, 01:53:21 AM

I absolutely love the pink. I love talibs pink sock and josh's pink towel. The pink durags are a bit silly though.

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#34 : October 04, 2011, 02:00:38 AM

The pink durags are a bit silly though.

Ed Reed's pink doo rag looked amazing last night.  Gotta say, the Ravens all blacks with the pink looked awesome all the way around. 

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 04, 2011, 02:07:05 AM

the players arent required to wear pink. They actually have a pair and choose to wear pink. They arent homophobes afraid of a color. You do know they autograph the pink attire, auction it off, and all proceeds go to charity. Nike, with all their pink gear in stores....yep, a portion goes to charity. So why youre hear crying about a color "being shoved down your throat," all these people wearing pink are helping fight cancer and possibly one day finding a cure or near sure fire treatments.

youre awesome!

What next, complaining about black history month because its being shoved down our throats? What about Christmas? any other holiday?

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

rikes

Starter

#36 : October 04, 2011, 02:10:50 AM

The pink durags are a bit silly though.

Ed Reed's pink doo rag looked amazing last night.  Gotta say, the Ravens all blacks with the pink looked awesome all the way around.
That's the one I noticed and I believed Penn had one on too. Idk I like the socks,arm guards and  towels but not the durags

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#37 : October 04, 2011, 07:25:08 AM

I understand it for Breast Cancer Awareness but come on. Pink everything is a bit ridiculous. Some player even had pink tape under his eyes. Really. Josh on ESPN wearing a Pink Bucs hat just looks stupid. the cheerleaders uniforms are horrible in pink. Where does it end?

Cancer is part of the Human Condition. The bodies cells breakdown and that is never going to change. I'm just sick of looking at it every week.

Dumbest post of the year.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 04, 2011, 07:33:50 AM

Cancer will be defeated in time. And I support breasts. Go pink.

Your dreaming man. The best medical minds have tried and failed. Cancer is part of natural process of the Human condition. I don't want it and don't wish it on anyone. But it is what it is. Some might beat it with treatment but a cure is unrealistic.

Early detection is part of the cure -

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 04, 2011, 08:41:59 AM

My Mother-in-law just died from cancer two months ago, so this is fresh in my mind. For a few hours on a Sunday afternoon, or a Monday night, I would like to forget about that. Wearing pink doesn't really accomplish anything. It doesn't speed up the search for a cure. For me the pink is a distraction. I'm trying to get my wife back to normal. Seeing the Giants in pink doesn't help (She was born and raised in NYC.). She loves football and baseball. I wish she could simply enjoy the games. I, for one, will be glad when October is over.

Save the mother-in-law jokes. My Mother-in-law was a wonderful woman. I loved her very much and miss her every day.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 04, 2011, 08:57:04 AM

Many people lost lives on 9/11. Should we ignore what happened?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 04, 2011, 09:24:16 AM

Many people lost lives on 9/11. Should we ignore what happened?

We mourned their loss ON 9/11, not for the whole month of September.

The Shadow

Starter

#42 : October 04, 2011, 09:28:42 AM

I think they should mix it up every year. There are many different forms of cancer so why not? Next season it could be Brown Ribbons for Rectal Cancer.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 04, 2011, 09:40:50 AM

My Mother-in-law just died from cancer two months ago, so this is fresh in my mind. For a few hours on a Sunday afternoon, or a Monday night, I would like to forget about that. Wearing pink doesn't really accomplish anything. It doesn't speed up the search for a cure. For me the pink is a distraction. I'm trying to get my wife back to normal. Seeing the Giants in pink doesn't help (She was born and raised in NYC.). She loves football and baseball. I wish she could simply enjoy the games. I, for one, will be glad when October is over.

Save the mother-in-law jokes. My Mother-in-law was a wonderful woman. I loved her very much and miss her every day.

How cruel of the NFL and its players to do that to you after all that you've gone through. You clearly are the victim in all of this. I think they should stop the whole campaign for remembering the victims of breast cancer, improving the awareness of having an annual mammogram and performing self-breast exams, and raising money for treatment and screening because of the issues that you're having.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#44 : October 04, 2011, 09:43:42 AM

actually  i think Blount made the hot pink look good last night....i like what the league does in support of breast cancer
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone else sick of Pink October? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools