Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem calling out refs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 04, 2011, 01:27:26 AM

We got some good "no calls" late....

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 04, 2011, 01:33:44 AM

Surprised at that. He was always pretty good about that. Even when the calls were obviously bad. They were real bad tonight though. Never seen anything worse.

Well I can think of one worse game. That one happened on MNF in 2003. I think the Glazerhouse Boys aren't greasing the officiating wheels.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 04, 2011, 02:46:48 AM

He's definitely calling them out. On this NFL Live thing they showed a clip of them in the lockeroom and he mentioned a couple times that we had a lot to overcome and made sure to emphasize it so it was clear what he was talking about.

Also, it's only a matter of time until Goodell hears this and pulls out the ol' wheel...

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 04, 2011, 02:51:16 AM

I hope we never get that crew again.. They were totally trying to get the Colts the win.. ass f censored..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

buchead

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 04, 2011, 07:37:31 AM

Shockey had a offensive pass interferance take away a touchdown. It was sort of like when dallas clark just fell to get that penalty on Ronde. Well Shockey said something about refs being held accountable. Players get fined coaches get fined lets see something for the refs. The refs gave eli manning a game this week. Obviously you cant fine them for every missed call but some of this stuff is deciding games.   

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 04, 2011, 07:42:28 AM

Some legit calls and some BS calls. The one on Ronde was BS in my opinion. Either way we played an extremely sloppy game. I'm not sure if it was because we were so jacked up or what but we seemed a bit to ready to crack some skulls on defense.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

The Shadow

Starter

#21 : October 04, 2011, 09:12:52 AM

This is two straight weeks of questionable officiating. At least we overcame it.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 04, 2011, 09:48:36 AM

He's definitely calling them out. On this NFL Live thing they showed a clip of them in the lockeroom and he mentioned a couple times that we had a lot to overcome and made sure to emphasize it so it was clear what he was talking about.

Also, it's only a matter of time until Goodell hears this and pulls out the ol' wheel...

That is hilarious 

Stratobuc

Starter
#23 : October 04, 2011, 09:52:28 AM

One of the worst games I've been to. The officiating wasn't even ridiculous - it was completely obvious they were allowing the Clots to cover the spread. Bucs should have won by three scores, easily. A complete travesty - and everyone in the stands knew it as well.  >:(

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 04, 2011, 09:53:55 AM

Some legit calls and some BS calls. The one on Ronde was BS in my opinion.

The Ronde call was the only one that sticks out as a blatantly blown call.  The call against Benn sucked because that was a helluva RAC, but it looked like he did step out.  The calls on Penn, Zuttah, Joseph, and Trueblood were legit.  The call on Myron Lewis was legit.  The team played pretty sloppy.  They should have dominated that Colt team.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 04, 2011, 10:01:52 AM

The refs were consistent.... consistently BAD!  I've not seen anything this bad even in PRE-SEASON, where they tend to be very anal. The call on Ronde and on Parker were totally bogus. Even one of them on Talib was very borderline; seen worse grabbing that was not called in other games. Then there were calls that probably should've been made that were not. This crew was downright AWFUL from BOTH teams' perspective...

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 04, 2011, 11:06:25 AM

The Ronde call was the only one that sticks out as a blatantly blown call.  The call against Benn sucked because that was a helluva RAC, but it looked like he did step out.  The calls on Penn, Zuttah, Joseph, and Trueblood were legit.  The call on Myron Lewis was legit.  The team played pretty sloppy.  They should have dominated that Colt team.

What about the "unnecessary roughness" call on a 197lb WR who threw a block (and not in the back) on a 300+lb DL?? It was well before the whistle and was near the ball carrier. PP launched his shoulder (not his helmet) into a DTs chest (no where near his head) just a few feet from the ball carrier and that is "unnecessary roughness"??

WTH??

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#27 : October 04, 2011, 11:08:57 AM

The biggest problem I have with the game that crew called was it seemed totally inconsistent. 

The personal foul on Parker was weak.  Took the guy off his feet, but shoulder to shoulder and not vicious.  Way behind the play though and didn't need to be done.  Obviously not play affecting.  Flag a block in the back on a fair catch that was called way before the block happened.  Whatever.  No flag on multiple block in the backs that directly affected the defenses ability to make a tackle on a long td run. 

The holding penalties were all over the place.  I think they were all "legit" but a couple were really borderline.  It has been said, and is absolutely true, that if you slow motion every play you can find at least one borderline hold on 90+% of NFL snaps.  Yet there were tons of jersey stretching, body turning grabs that went unflagged (on both sides of the line) all night.  Several of the unflagged holds significantly impacted the play, while at least one of the borderline calls had 0 affect on the action. 

I hate **CENSORED**ing about refs, they really do have a tough job.  They made a couple great calls (like the catch by Collie that I didn't think there was any chance he made), but on the balance did a poor job.  Basically I dislike any crew that calls anything but the most blatant holds (and p.i. to a lesser extent) and/or inserts judgment calls that significantly affect the game.  That crew did both last night. 

The Shadow

Starter

#28 : October 04, 2011, 11:13:08 AM

I guess we can thank Warren Sapp's hit on Chad Clifton for that Personal Foul but it's still football and guys block behind the play. Gotta keep your head on a swivel in that situation. Still weak though.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 04, 2011, 11:13:16 AM

What about the "unnecessary roughness" call on a 197lb WR who threw a block (and not in the back) on a 300+lb DL?? It was well before the whistle and was near the ball carrier. PP launched his shoulder (not his helmet) into a DTs chest (no where near his head) just a few feet from the ball carrier and that is "unnecessary roughness"??

WTH??

You're right.  Forgot about that one.  Definitely a B/S call.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem calling out refs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools