Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem calling out refs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

« #30 : October 04, 2011, 11:15:39 AM »

The worse call of the game was the NO call on Garcon's second touchdown. There were two blocks in the backs just seconds from each other with Barber's being the more obvious. We had a lot of calls go against us but we did get a way with a few holds.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #31 : October 04, 2011, 07:24:07 PM »

How bout the 12 men on the field call against the Bucs during the FG attempt? Yes, guilty but they completely ignored the 12th Colt player that didnt make it off the field either.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

« #32 : October 04, 2011, 07:30:50 PM »

How bout the 12 men on the field call against the Bucs during the FG attempt? Yes, guilty but they completely ignored the 12th Colt player that didnt make it off the field either.

Who wasn't even CLOSE to getting off in time unlike our guy and was easily visible by anyone paying the slightest bit of attention.

Dy-nasty D

Starter
« #33 : October 04, 2011, 08:09:05 PM »

Complaining about "bad calls" is for losers.

Don't pull a Mike Vick, Raheem. We won. Move on.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #34 : October 04, 2011, 08:21:24 PM »

The biggest miss was the 2 block in the backs on the long screen pass.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #35 : October 04, 2011, 08:46:19 PM »

I didn't like the holding call on Penn - from what I could see there wasn't a hold.  It surely wasn't the worst call of the evening - but ... well I have a soft spot for the oline...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

FreeWill

Starter

« #36 : October 04, 2011, 09:29:39 PM »

Off topic, but did anyone catch the end of Raheem's press conference last night? That is probably one of his funniest moments as a head coach.

Raheem: "Remember. Roy, Rick, Ira; they didn't show up."

Reporter: "Why don't we take a two minute timeout for them to get in here?"

Raheem: "How 'bout not. Press conference is over!"

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
« #37 : October 04, 2011, 09:33:00 PM »

Now that's pretty funny.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

bucs63

Starter
« #38 : October 04, 2011, 10:05:47 PM »

Some legit calls and some BS calls. The one on Ronde was BS in my opinion.

The Ronde call was the only one that sticks out as a blatantly blown call.  The call against Benn sucked because that was a helluva RAC, but it looked like he did step out.  The calls on Penn, Zuttah, Joseph, and Trueblood were legit.  The call on Myron Lewis was legit.  The team played pretty sloppy.  They should have dominated that Colt team.

What about the "unnecessary roughness" call on a 197lb WR who threw a block (and not in the back) on a 300+lb DL?? It was well before the whistle and was near the ball carrier. PP launched his shoulder (not his helmet) into a DTs chest (no where near his head) just a few feet from the ball carrier and that is "unnecessary roughness"??

WTH??
They used to say you have to see the guys numbers to make that block and it sure looked like Parker was in front enough for the block to be legal. His helmet made contact but how is that unnecessary roughness on a block?

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
« #39 : October 05, 2011, 02:09:38 AM »

Re: Colts delay of game flag picked up?
« #9 : Today at 01:27:23 AM »   
Quote from: chazmoney3 on October 04, 2011, 06:48:49 PM
Refs were atrocious last night.

Last night? The refs are horrible in the NFL in general. It's not just against the Bucs. You have to wonder if the officiating is being mandated by the league in order to keep games close and therefore more entertaining to the view audience. 

The blowback from bad officiating is fans frustration which leads to an apathetic attitude towards the game. The officials are taking the fun out of watching the game. After rewatching game the call on Benn's TD was correct. He was out of bounds. There are 3 calls and one non call I have issue with.

- Talib's holding on third and 8. He never touch the WR until after he dove to catch pass. Colts should have had to punt. Instead, to plays later TD for Colts.
- Clayborn flagged for neutral zone infraction. No contact made and AC got back set before snap. OL then moves and call goes against Bucs. OL knows the snap count and if contact isn't made then they shouldn't move. Rule change needed.
- non call on colts Dallas Clark's block in the back on Ronde as he's about to tackle Garçon. I'm in the upper deck and could see it. Why didn't one of the 8 refs on the field?
- 12 man on field? Replay showed a Colt player and Bucs player diving to get off field at same time. Yet only Bucs are flagged. Should have been offsetting penalties and rekick.

Yeah we won the game but it should gave been a blowout instead of a close game the Refs orcastrated.

Those call led directly to 14 of the Colts 17 points. Game shouldn't have even been close

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #40 : October 05, 2011, 02:21:02 AM »

yup^^^^

there were 2 other blatant blocks in the back on that Garcon screen play.

I also find it funny that all of the plays challenged against the Colts by Raheem or upstairs, there wasnt enough evidence to make a decision and the rulings just stood....they werent confirmed. I think its kind of funny that with all those cameras on the field never caught a good angle on any those plays.

they was also a couple phantom holding calls as well.

Bad officiating is fine when it effects both teams. When it primarily only effects one, it causes people to question the integrity of the officials and ultimately the game.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

NovaBuc

Starter

« #41 : October 05, 2011, 02:56:55 AM »

Penn's holding call on Freeney was borderline I thought.. looked to me like he had Freeney contained and pushed him to the ground.. did not really see any jersey grabbing or whatnot, but only caught the tail end of the replay to be honest. The thing that bothers me about Talib's holding call against Wayne was they only threw the flag after Wayne lobbied for it. That's horse dung, and only leads to the idea that there are 'favored' players. Also, if you watch the replay, one of our d-line gets essentially tackled in the end zone rushing the QB. The thing that bugs me the most about the non-call on Clark is that was the exact same block Parker got called for unnecessary roughness, only Clark was behind Ronde.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem calling out refs « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools