Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2011 Tampa Bay Lightning « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#105 : April 04, 2012, 02:47:23 PM

It really doesnt. All it needs is a quality goaltender and one or two defensmen. They were way up in the top half of the league in scoring. They had almost 5 people with 20 goals!! Thats major offense. All this team has ever needed since they won the cup is a legitimate goaltender and average defense. They didnt have that last season and also had an awful PP. The year before when they went to the Eastern Conference Final, Roloson was great and the defense was solid. Not great at all but solid. Thats all they need to be with this awsome offense they have. The Power Play was very very good too that year while this year they are the complete opposite. If this team had the same PP Stamkos may have hit 70 goals. The Lightning are a lot closer than you think.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#106 : April 07, 2012, 09:12:01 PM

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#107 : April 07, 2012, 09:47:57 PM

Season ends on a high note at least.

Stamkos gets 60
Roli gets a W to close out his career
Purcell gets the hat trick to win the last game of the season in OT

Now they just need to have a strong offseason and this team can turn it around quickly. They really are only a few pieces away from contending. Not just playoffs. Get that goalie and a defensemen and they are right in there.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#108 : April 07, 2012, 10:19:02 PM

Classy Winnipeg fans with a standing O for Stamkos.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#109 : April 07, 2012, 10:46:09 PM

Classy Winnipeg fans with a standing O for Stamkos.

Ya that was very cool. They were booing him for the whole game too until that goal.

Stratobuc

Starter
#110 : April 07, 2012, 11:12:21 PM

Yeah...im smoking considering this team was eliminated from the playoffs a while ago.

Imagine that...their defense sucks...hence the -43 GF/GA stat and the most goals allowed by at least 13 goals. The fact that they have only won 12 games away all year really does show how weak the team travels as well. Oh imagine that...as it stands right now the Lightning are in line for another Top 10 draft selection. The sign of a Perennial winner! But wait... lets not stop there. The lightning are hampered by Vinny's contract so much that the cost of a broken down 50+ pt Vinny is so much more then say 3-4 guys that can add depth to this team.

When you realize that the SE Division is anyones game now you'll come to terms that the Lightning have to battle more then just 1 team in the division to make it to the playoffs.

When you decide to take off the blue and black blinders let me know. The team needs a lot more work then you realize.

A while ago? What exactly does "a while ago.." mean? Is that a technical league term? Because the fact is - it was a week ago, not  "..a while ago.."   ::)

Given the injuries and the holes this team had to fill when the season began - the outcome of the season was not a surprise. They played way over their heads last year - I guess you missed that season. They are still molding the team in the image coach Boucher has planned. Only a dork would believe that it doesn't take a few years to do that. Take off your Miami colored beer goggles, and you might realize THAT.
: April 07, 2012, 11:15:20 PM Stratobuc

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#111 : April 07, 2012, 11:58:55 PM

Yeah...im smoking considering this team was eliminated from the playoffs a while ago.

Imagine that...their defense sucks...hence the -43 GF/GA stat and the most goals allowed by at least 13 goals. The fact that they have only won 12 games away all year really does show how weak the team travels as well. Oh imagine that...as it stands right now the Lightning are in line for another Top 10 draft selection. The sign of a Perennial winner! But wait... lets not stop there. The lightning are hampered by Vinny's contract so much that the cost of a broken down 50+ pt Vinny is so much more then say 3-4 guys that can add depth to this team.

When you realize that the SE Division is anyones game now you'll come to terms that the Lightning have to battle more then just 1 team in the division to make it to the playoffs.

When you decide to take off the blue and black blinders let me know. The team needs a lot more work then you realize.

A while ago? What exactly does "a while ago.." mean? Is that a technical league term? Because the fact is - it was a week ago, not  "..a while ago.."   ::)

Given the injuries and the holes this team had to fill when the season began - the outcome of the season was not a surprise. They played way over their heads last year - I guess you missed that season. They are still molding the team in the image coach Boucher has planned. Only a dork would believe that it doesn't take a few years to do that. Take off your Miami colored beer goggles, and you might realize THAT.

A Miami fan? .... That would explain so much.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#112 : April 08, 2012, 01:55:28 PM

Yeah their play suggested they even had a shot of taking the playoffs. This team wasn't making the playoffs long before a week ago. They would have needed a lot of help in order to.

Oh and I am not a Panthers fan fyi.

When you realize your picking in the top 10 again and have no goalies and terrible defense you tell me how far they will get again.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#113 : April 11, 2012, 10:20:02 AM

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7798715/edmonton-oilers-win-nhl-draft-lottery-pick-no-1-third-straight-year

Talk about luck, the Oilers landed the top pick in the draft for the third straight year.

The Lightning have six of the top 70 picks (10, 21, 37, 40, 52, 70). From what I'm reading the draft is loaded with defensive players this year, which is perfect for the Lightning.
: April 11, 2012, 10:37:18 AM Escobar06

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#114 : April 11, 2012, 04:00:36 PM

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7798715/edmonton-oilers-win-nhl-draft-lottery-pick-no-1-third-straight-year

Talk about luck, the Oilers landed the top pick in the draft for the third straight year.

The Lightning have six of the top 70 picks (10, 21, 37, 40, 52, 70). From what I'm reading the draft is loaded with defensive players this year, which is perfect for the Lightning.

Need to bundle some of those for top flight goalie ...

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#115 : April 11, 2012, 04:18:38 PM

Need to bundle some of those for top flight goalie ...

Agree. Either direction is fine with me although I really want to make one more big strong push for Marty. Hes getting close to retirement.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#116 : April 25, 2012, 01:25:14 PM

http://deadspin.com/5904676/the-dirty-secrets-of-a-sports-arena-as-revealed-by-a-drunk-stadium-employee-emailing-us-at-530-pm
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2011 Tampa Bay Lightning « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools