Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2011 Tampa Bay Lightning « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 09, 2011, 12:37:09 PM

They play Washington on mon. That should be a good game. They will be looking for a little payback after we swept and made them go home crying last year!!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 11, 2011, 12:24:53 AM

It was a good game but we ended up on the losing side thanks to shootouts. I thought we would be able to hold that lead. Oh well still early in the year.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 12, 2011, 04:12:59 PM

The Washington game was crazy, so many fluke goals. The D needs to improve, with Hedman/Brewer I'm confident it will. I like Shannon, probably won't do much points wise but he's a blur out there with his speed, seems like a less skilled Marty...works his tail off every second he's on the ice. The Lightning really need to find their goaltender of the future, I just have this feeling DR is going to bomb this year.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 12, 2011, 11:45:50 PM

They miss Ohlund right now he will be back though. Im not concerned about Roli. He should be fine. I agree though that they need to find a long term solution there. They are hoping Tokarski can be that guy when Roli retires and Garons contract is up in a couple of years. So its not like they dont have a plan. They are just putting a lot of hope in one guy. I can see them getting another goalie next offseason if Roli retires. Maybe long term solution. Much of that will depend on how Garon plays and backs up Roli. The Bolts should have good attendance this year if they play like they did last year. The team is too good and too fun to watch, They are good enough to beat anybody this year. Plus all of the renovations at the Forum will be very nice for fans and will make many want to come back and watch another game. Product is good and the arena is really nice. Good combo. Not to mention its affordable too. Attendance shouldnt be a problem for the Lightning this year.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 14, 2011, 12:23:05 AM

Awful game tonight. Pretty much a reshowing of the Bucs/49ers game but on ice.

Stratobuc

Starter
#20 : October 16, 2011, 01:12:48 PM

Tough shootout loss last night. Garons looked good in the net. Hope the Bolts can get it together when they finally make it home tomorrow.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 17, 2011, 04:27:37 PM

The home game stretch comes at a good time. They need it. The place should be rocking tonight. Especially with all the new improvements at the arena.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#22 : October 17, 2011, 11:59:22 PM

Wow 7-4 home loss. I know the motto last year was "All In" doesn't mean the Goalie's have to let all the shots in. Curious to see if this team can turn it around, so far they don't look anything like last year. Hockey is a long season though.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 18, 2011, 04:27:37 PM

Ya they arent playing great right now. They have spurts where they look like they are going to take over but then let a softy in which kills it. Roloson isnt playing well either but the defense in front of him isnt helping much. They are too good not to turn it around. They also need Ohlund right now. Hes that physical defenseman that clears those guys blocking rolis view.

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 19, 2011, 04:57:57 PM

Should have kept Mike Smith...

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 19, 2011, 06:45:36 PM

While Roloson isnt playing great, I think it has more to do with the defense though. They arent playing as disciplined as they did last year. Last year at this time they were flying and were playing smart. This year its like they expect to win without earning it. Like I said they have too much talent and too good of a coach to not turn it around. If I was the Lightning though, Id play Garon because he played very well in his last start. Ride him out until he starts to look shaky. Roloson is too good too to play like that. He was one of the Lightnings biggest reasons for getting as far as they did last year. If they want to get that far again he will have to match that. Which right now Im not sure.

Stratobuc

Starter
#26 : October 23, 2011, 10:23:35 AM

Lightning have just won back to back, last night a shutout against a very good Buffalo Sabres team. They are going to be fine.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 26, 2011, 11:32:37 PM

They played well last night too. They started out lousy but regrouped. Love the way Garon is playing in net. Also happy to see Connolly is staying for now. Hes been solid.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 28, 2011, 06:39:25 PM

They need another Dman for Ohlunds absence. They are too unstable sometimes in front of the net. It makes it easy for teams to go down the middle against them. If you watched them in the playoffs or late last season you noticed their defense always kept everything to the outside and kept shots from far out. Thats what they need to get back to. Its really hard to score from far out and you can block shots easier from out there too because they keep the play in front of them. Thats how you make average defenses look great. Thats basically how they got as far as they did last year. Even though they had a below average defense they made teams beat them from the near impossible areas to score.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 10, 2011, 12:13:08 AM

Anybody watch tonights broadcast on VS?? Never seen a more biased program in my life. Either way Lightning win and Philly loses to Tampa again!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2011 Tampa Bay Lightning « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools