Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2011 Tampa Bay Lightning « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 10, 2011, 12:30:19 AM

I did, and I agree. Constant bashing of the Lightning. I get what the announcers and studio analysts were saying...but where they were wrong is it's NOT about entertainment. Your job as a professional athlete/coach is to win, not entertain. Those great NJ teams of the past were known for being very boring to watch, in the NBA the Spurs had a very boring style of play, hell our teams under Dungy were boring to anyone not a fan of the team. I liked what we were doing, if Philly wants to sit back and hold the puck..let them, it's our style of play whether the analysts like it or not. Philly was making the game boring, not us..nobody forced them to sit in their end and skate in circles.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 10, 2011, 04:35:40 PM

Yup and Philly has one of the top offenses on the league. Tampa has one of the worst. Its like Drew Brees holding the ball and taking sacks vs our defense.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#32 : November 11, 2011, 04:09:52 PM

Lemaire toasted Milbury pretty good with his comments. pronger was crying foul about the 1 3 1 after the game as well.. F EM

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 11, 2011, 07:04:46 PM

They were whining because Tampa has beaten them bad as late. Lat year they almost swept them if it wasnt for a shootout win in their last meeting last year. Call it frustration on Phillys part.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 13, 2011, 11:01:02 AM

They havent been the same team this year. They are still playing hard but they arent getting the same bounces. Not saying last years team was lucky but its not the same feel as last year. Last year felt like they were on a mission this year feels like they are trying too hard to be last years team. Which they cant do because they are different teams. They may need to switch things up with a trade soon if this keeps up or prepare themselves for next year and beyond.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 14, 2011, 03:46:08 PM

Ive followed them since the beginning. My family loves hockey and the NHL. Even if the Lightning dont make the playoffs I still watch the playoffs. Imo there really isnt anything like Playoff hockey. Id go to a playoff hockey game over a bucs playoff game. Thats just me though.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 22, 2011, 07:56:35 PM

Is it the defense or do we have just 2 sorry ass goal tenders?   

Still supporting them they just need a hot streak.. But we might have to make a trade for a better goalie if we have any chance of making the top 8 in the East.

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 23, 2011, 11:14:17 PM

Well its a bit of both. Our defense is mostly the reason I feel the goalies arnt playing as well but then again Goalies haven't been helping either. I agree they are too good to give up on because they can easily get on a streak and turn things around quick. There is also that possibility they trade for a dman or goalie soon. This was around the time they did it last year. Of course different situations now. You never know with Stevie Y.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#38 : December 24, 2011, 06:24:06 AM

Lemaire toasted Milbury pretty good with his comments. pronger was crying foul about the 1 3 1 after the game as well.. F EM

hah speaking of the toad Milbury:

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/r/30063459/detail.html

he wont be back on TV for awhile. Good riddance.

Stratobuc

Starter
#39 : December 31, 2011, 08:55:15 PM

I've got a few tix for later in the season  - but no emotional investment in this team. Learned my lesson a couple of seasons ago. NHL is no big deal to me.

What "lesson" was that - that you don't like sports?  ::)

Its hard to root for a team who's owners don't really care about winning...... oh wait.....

Congratulations to Phil Esposito - and eternal gratitude for bringing the great sport of NHL Hockey to Tampa Bay.

GO BOLTS!!!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 01, 2012, 08:21:24 PM

I've got a few tix for later in the season  - but no emotional investment in this team. Learned my lesson a couple of seasons ago. NHL is no big deal to me.

What "lesson" was that - that you don't like sports?  ::)

Its hard to root for a team who's owners don't really care about winning...... oh wait.....
no surprise -

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 01, 2012, 10:36:17 PM

Some nice wins this week Bolts..    I think we are getting ready for a nice little run here..  Gilmore is helping the defense..  Stamkos is hotter than anyone.. St Louis is back..     Downie Purcell and Malone are playing better.. Plus we have so many home games in hand...

4 points away from the 8th seed right now..  with games in hand..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 02, 2012, 06:14:33 AM

back to .500 - sure could use Hedman back but they have to be careful with head injuries - seems like the bolts are constantly shorted on Defense. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Stratobuc

Starter
#43 : January 04, 2012, 05:17:30 PM

It will be interesting to see which direction Yzerman takes this team this season. Right now - we are not contending to make the playoffs. We have five players who take up the bulk of the payroll, and no starting goalie. Big holes on the blueline. Some good talent in the minors we may be able to trade for a goalie and defenseman. I think Yzerman should rebuild this year and look strongly towards next season. We are going to have to re-arrange the payroll if we want to get the horses in here to go to the playoffs and win.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 14, 2012, 08:55:44 PM

A lot of folks - if they don't have something good to say, don't say anything.  You Morgan, you are the exception.  You seem to revel when the hometown teams are having issues. 

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2011 Tampa Bay Lightning « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools